* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES

5 posters

Go down

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES Empty Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:04 pm

list of some of my favorite sports movie quotes - if i have missed 1 that u like - post it as a reply,,,

Sex and golf are the two things you can enjoy even if you're not good at them. Tin Cup

You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch. On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the f------ difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! Al Pacino Any Given Sunday

You gotta have two things to win. You gotta have brains and you gotta have balls. And you got too much of one and not enough of the other. Paul Newman Color of money

I don't scratch my head unless it itches and I don't dance unless I hear some music. I will not be intimidated, that's just the way it is. Remember The Titans

You’re five-foot nothin’, 100-and-nothin’, and you have nearly a speck of athletic ability. And you hung in there with the best college football team in the land for two years. And you’re gonna walk outta here with a degree from the University of Notre Dame. In this life, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody but yourself. Rudy

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole! Carl (the assitant greens-keeper) - Bill Murray -- CaddyShack

Reggie Dunlop: Oh you cheap son of a b*tch. Are you crazy? Those guys are ret@rds!
McGrath: I got a good deal on those boys. The scouts said they showed a lot of promise.
Reggie Dunlop: They brought their fuckin' TOYS with 'em!
McGrath: Well, I'd rather have em playin with their toys than playin with themselves
Reggie Dunlop: They're too dumb to play with themselves. Boy, every piece of garbage that comes into the market and you gotta buy it!
McGrath: that reminds me. I was coachin' in Omaha in 1948 and Eddie Shore sends me this guy who was a terrible masturbator, you know, couldn't control himself. Why, he would get deliberate penalties so he could get over in the penalty box all by himself and damned if he wouldn't... you know... Paul Newman SLapSHOT

Jimmy Dugan: "Evelyn, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?"

Evelyn Gardner: "Well, I'm a Peach."

Dugan: "Well, I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead! You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you! Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your ass!
[Evelyn starts to cry.]

Are you crying? Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying, there's no crying in baseball! Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pigs---! And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game! And did I cry? NO! NO! And do you know why?"

Evelyn: "No, no, no."

Dugan: "Because there's no crying in baseball!" Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks) in "A League of Their Own"

"Juuuuuuust a bit outside." Harry Doyle - (Bob Uecker) in Major League

Willie Mays Hayes: "I'm Willie Mays Hayes. I hit like Mays, and I run like Hayes."

Lou Brown: "Well, you may run like Mays, but you hit like sHIT." Major League

[a promotion by the cheap hockey teams Manager (McGrath) - Fashion-Show with Hockey players as Models (Jonny Upton)]
Johnny Upton: I'm gonna flash' em, Joe!
McGrath: No, you're not.
Johnny Upton: I'm gonna walk down that stinkin' runway, open up this faggot robe and wiggle my dick at 'em! And do you know why? Because I want you to have a heart-attack and die so we don't have to do this shit again! You and your fucking fashion shows! SlapShot

This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff. Carl (the greens-keeper) - Bill Murray CaddySack

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a 10,000-foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) in "Caddyshack"

[url][/url]

Cerrano: "Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball, I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."
Harris: "You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff."
Cerrano: "Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball."
Harris: "You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" Major League

The Individual Player Announcement Prior to the Hockey Game prior to the game - the announcment of the starting lineup by the PA announcer: - Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe! SlapShot

A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while." Nuke LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) in "Bull Durham

(Catcher talkn to a new batter at the plate) "Hell of a situation we got here. Two on, two out, your team down a run and you've got the chance to be the hero on national television ... if you don't blow it. Saw your wife last night. Great little dancer. That guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend, but tell me, what was he doing with her panties on his head? [Rexman pops the ball straight up.] Oh, I don't think it's got the distance." Jake Taylor (Tom Berenger) in Major League --

Judge Smails `You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.`
Ty Webb: `Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.` Ted Night and Chevy Chase - CaddyShack

"The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote that a flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no holes is a Danish." Tie Webb aka Chevy Chase Caddy Shack

"I sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it, felt I owed it to them."Judge Snails - Ted Night Caddy Shack

Interview with chiefs French Canadian goalie who expains the "finer points of hockey" - slapshot

Pregame brawl and "Im listening to the -ing song!" Hanson Brothers - Slapshot

Old time hockey - slapshot

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:43 pm; edited 16 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES Empty Re: Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES

Post by ezweightloss Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 pm

i know it's not a movie but "playmakers" is one of my favorite tv shows of all times. i was really pissed when they cancelled it. man i was 11 years old, staying up past my bedtime to watch that.. damn nfl always getting butthurt.

"You tell yourself it's for your brother, to screw your dad, because it's Sunday and that's what you do... who you are. But the truth is, you're scared to walk away. You hate the game, but you don't have the strength to leave it. So you play angry, like someone's gonna pay for this. And that's what makes you good, what separates you from the rest... what makes you a killer." - Eric Olczyk

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES Empty Invisible Juice

Post by Rui_F Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 pm

Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 am

bump
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JediCapricorn Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:11 am

very cool...

Im funny? How am I funny? Like funny HAHA im a clown? Am I here to amuse you?

No its just the way you tell the story, you know.. Its funny..

No I dont know Henry, you said it.. How am I funny? How the fuck am I funny??

---GOODFELLAS Tommy & Henry

JediCapricorn
JediCapricorn

http://www.maddencity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseydevil321 Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:57 pm

"If you build it, they will come." (Field of Dreams)

jerseydevil321
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseydevil321 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:06 pm

"Great moments are born, from great opportunity. And that's what you have hear, tonight boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played em' 10 times they might win 9. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with em'. Tonight, we stay with em'...and we SHUT THEM DOWN BECAUSE WE CAN! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of ya. And you were meant to be here, tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Soviets have. SCREW EM'! This is your time! Now go out there and take it!" (Kurt Russel playing Herb Brooks in Miracle)

jerseydevil321
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES Empty multiple funny scenes from caddy shack

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:47 pm

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Best Sports MOVIE QUOTES Empty various sports movie quotes in 1 clip