* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Switching player positions.

+2
johnnylagz17
chizz522
6 posters

Go down

Switching player positions. Empty Switching player positions.

Post by chizz522 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I have had a few members ask me if they can switch there players positions post draft Example: Moving LB to DE or moving DE to DT etc. Just wondering what everyones thoughts were on this so we can all agree on the topic.
Thanks, Chizz522
chizz522
chizz522
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Switching player positions. Empty Re: Switching player positions.

Post by johnnylagz17 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 pm

I'm in favor expecially since some players excell at different styles of d ( 3-4 4-3) at diff positions ( haynesworth a de or dt )

I think the ruling would be a no but I think every1 should be allowed to use whoever as a back up player b/c injuries and well lack of roster room plus players you dont want to release = less depth at certain positions

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I think this was allowed last year for logical switches... like a LB to a DE, or DT to DE. I dont think the game will even let you switch guys from say WR to cornerback like the old maddens would (lol at Randy moss at CB he was a beast)

would love to put harvin in at RB sometimes though ( he played a little RB in college )

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:32 pm

You can change players positions - WITHIN REASON - de to dt... olb to de... te to wr... rb to wr....

we frown upon big changes - like DB's playn WR or vice versa... unless its the 5th WR in a 5 WR set - a plkayer in that case would have to DEEP down the depth chart - and thright circumstances would bring him into the game - but having a CB playn your /2 WR spots - is a bit much...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Is it even possible to actually edit the players position in Online Franchises?

I am in a NON Draft Franchise and cant figure out how to do this. I have Linemen that I would like to switch around from say LT to RG and what not. Especially maybe a 4th/5th CB to a back up FS or a DT to DE for the 3-4.

Does anyone know if A-Its possible to do this and B-If so, how?

PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:52 pm

its not possible - this is a server based game - so the players have to be standardized for every1 that plays online franchise... it would be require enourmous server space to give each player their own spot on the server where they can make adjustments tro players - the technologically is just not practical yet - but i am sure it will be someday - hell ON my 1st pC buying memorey was OUTRAGOUSLY EXPENSIVE - now its pennies - innovation occur...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by TjustHbrokeC Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:20 am

In offline franchise you can change your players position to any one but that players ratings will change. If it's a position he really wouldn't be good at he will be dropped to like a 27 overall.

In my franchise I took my ROLB Harelson and turned him into a RE after a drafted a good LB and he went up to a 94.

TjustHbrokeC

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 am

TjustHbrokeC wrote:In offline franchise you can change your players position to any one but that players ratings will change. If it's a position he really wouldn't be good at he will be dropped to like a 27 overall.

In my franchise I took my ROLB Harelson and turned him into a RE after a drafted a good LB and he went up to a 94.

that still happens in Online franchise - but U CANT OFFICIALLY CHANGE THE PLAYER POSITION on his player profile (he will be an OLB playn DE) - many OLB have increased rating at DE... but i have found that if you play players out of position - they do not progress like they would if the played their natural position - so thats something to think about with this sort of adjustment...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum