* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

We need another RULE Immediatly

+5
kavorka2
ezweightloss
GREENERRRR
tomer629
Vista3131
9 posters

Go down

We need another RULE  Immediatly Empty We need another RULE Immediatly

Post by Vista3131 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:08 pm

We need to mandate a rule for computer games. I propose this: YOU GET TO START GAME 1 TIME ONLY! End of story no gray area just plain and simple.

Reason: These games against computer are important to people playing them and people not involved. Why should a player get a risk free for sure win because there opponent failed to play there game?

This is the rule I propose: You get to start game 1 TIME ONLY. Now if you get disconnected, too bad game is over game get simmed!

OR if a player gets hurt or you are flat out losing the game, you can quit game and it gets simmed no penalty.

If you attempt a computer game a second time the penalty is you will get booted for next 2 games period very simple and to the point.

Please ratify and get the word out I think it is BS that players get a freebie because a player is not available to play or a team is open, It is not fair to other's who must play there game!!

Vista3131

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

We need another RULE  Immediatly Empty Re: We need another RULE Immediatly

Post by tomer629 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 pm

So what if my opponent doesnt get online for 3 days. Should he get a chance at a free simmed win?

What if I dc in the CPU game? I have to sim a game cause the OTHER GUY couldnt get online to play??? Thats total BS if you ask me.

And I know for a fact that if this rule were put in place that people would dodge games vs some of the best players, knowing they couldnt beat them in a game people will hope for a simmed win.

I think the way we have things now is perfect. If your opponent is a no show he should be the one to get the loss, not you.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Why is that fair to the player you may be tied with for the last playoff spot?

You get 1 chance that seems totally fair to me, 1 chance to play the computer game is fair enough. I disagree with you one chance is plenty.

What about when there is no owner for a team?

When we play a opponent we get only 1 chance if things go like they are suppose to correct?

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Vista got a point... NOBODY EVER GETS DCed in a CPU game - THERE IS NOBODY TO DC FROM!!!!

I have intentionally DCed in a CPU game twice before - bith times because an opponent in another franchise came online - and it didnt seem to make sense to keep him waitn while i finished a game vs a CPU - neverthelesss; considering the abuse of CPU game PRIVELEDGES -PERHAPS ITS TIME FOR A SPECIFIC RULE WITH SOME TEETH!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:45 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:Vista got a point... NOBODY EVER GETS DCed in a CPU game - THERE IS NOBODY TO DC FROM!!!!

I have intentionally DCed in a CPU game twice before - bith times because an opponent in another franchise came online - and it didnt seem to make sense to keep him waitn while i finished a game vs a CPU - neverthelesss; considering the abuse of CPU game PRIVELEDGES -PERHAPS ITS TIME FOR A SPECIFIC RULE WITH SOME TEETH!

i have been legitimately dced from a CPU game before. and yes there is something to DC from, the same thing we DC from every day in normal games.... the shitty EA servers

and its funny that I mentioned people dodging other players to get a sim game... just had this happen tonight. Guy logs on and I ask him if we can play our game now. He says he just logged on to advance his league. We then talk back and forth for 20 minutes (PS3 chat is slow as we all know) He wanted to play in the morning, i tell him that not only can I not play tomorrow morning, but the league advances at 8am. At some point after about 30 minutes (we would be at halftime by now) he puts in Fallout and ignores my messages. Its now 30 minutes later... still no response, still playing fallout. We could be done by now.

I understand that fallout might be a really fun badass game. But the league advances tomorrow morning and we are both online tonight, why not play it? This also happens to be someone who I smoked by 35+ in both of our games last season. With a sim game he's probably got a 50-50 shot at winning. Our 2 games last year were dominated by me so why not take the 50-50 shot? Sucks for the people who actually want to play the games instead of just manage a roster and let the CPU decide who wins.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:15 pm

i totally agree with tomer on this one. i have been dced unintentionally in a cpu game and frankly it would be bs to get a sim game because of that. a player shouldnt be punished because his opponent doesn't show up. by not showing up to play your games you assume the risk of getting a cpu loss and whatever comes along with it (injuries, running up the score, etc) if you don't want a cpu playing for your team then play ur games. it's pretty simple. and if it's an open team then who really gives a damn?

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 pm

I agree with tomer.

and Greener, I have been D/C in a CPU game. No idea how it happens, but it DOES. same way as when im playing an opponent, it just says 'connection lost' but I'm still online for some reason.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:11 pm

I think that cpu games are there for a reason...they are free games...I haven't quit in a cpu game...I get a lot of practice out of it so this rule wouldn't apply to me. If a key player gets hurt I don't think that you should be punished if u decide to restart the game...I have more integrity than that but I mean...idk guess that's me

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 pm

i just super sim the game unless it gets close then i have to score a couple tds...but in the process of super sim i have been d/c before.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:57 pm

tomer629 wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:Vista got a point... NOBODY EVER GETS DCed in a CPU game - THERE IS NOBODY TO DC FROM!!!!

i have been legitimately dced from a CPU game before. and yes there is something to DC from, the same thing we DC from every day in normal games.... the shitty EA servers

and its funny that I mentioned people dodging other players to get a sim game... just had this happen tonight. Guy logs on and I ask him if we can play our game now. He says he just logged on to advance his league. We then talk back and forth for 20 minutes (PS3 chat is slow as we all know) He wanted to play in the morning, i tell him that not only can I not play tomorrow morning, but the league advances at 8am. At some point after about 30 minutes (we would be at halftime by now) he puts in Fallout and ignores my messages. Its now 30 minutes later... still no response, still playing fallout. We could be done by now.

I understand that fallout might be a really fun badass game. But the league advances tomorrow morning and we are both online tonight, why not play it? This also happens to be someone who I smoked by 35+ in both of our games last season. With a sim game he's probably got a 50-50 shot at winning. Our 2 games last year were dominated by me so why not take the 50-50 shot? Sucks for the people who actually want to play the games instead of just manage a roster and let the CPU decide who wins.

IF GUYS ARE DODGING YOU - SET A GAME TIME - TELL THE COMMISH THE AGREED UPON TIME - AND HAVE HIM MESSAGE THE ELLEDGED GM DODGER (confirming the agreed upon game)... if you have both players confirm "scheduled game time" IWTH THE COMMISH - and there is a "no-show" - message the commish 15 minutes after the agreed upon game time - and he will give you a CPU game - its in the rules... than u would get a CPU gamer - and we would be back to this debatre/./.
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 pm

and the point is... we CAN get D/C with the CPU because EA servers are primitive.

-Kinda sucks if we are winning the game against CPU, get D/C'ed, the game gets simmed, and we get a loss.

like someone said, some guys might even let their opponent play cpu (if they know their chances of winning are slim)

just keep it as it is... 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' . This group is supposed to have high integrity anyways, so restarting the game because you are losing (to the CPU) shouldn't be happening.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:02 am

i've never restarted a cpu game because i was losing but i have been dced. and i haven't experienced this yet but if it were to occur i think a restart should be allowed if say a young high potential player is lost for the season. cuz the player who doesn't show should incur the penalties not the player that is available for gaming

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:45 pm

well ijust now got the boot in a computer game. won 45-7 .after game i end up at the play now screen with the colts vs. saints. go to franchise and the game didnt count, ive been kicked off game twice today just sittin there doin nothin,
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 am

I disagree with that rule idea. There have been times when I've signed on to play a CPU game, and then something I'd rather do, or something more important comes up so I figure I can restart later. Obviously when facing a real player theres a committment to get the game in during a scheduled time, but when I have a CPU game I kinda just try and play it whenever, and if something else comes up...especially if I just started it, I'll do that instead. I think with the possibility of being DC'd, plus it being more of a leisure game, people should be able to do what they want with it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum