* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

My thoughts on JDB's Ban

+7
kavorka2
Deathwish22
ezweightloss
PaPZ187
jmojsoski
falconfansince81
Cheddah_Cheez
11 posters

Go down

Should JDB be banned?

My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_lcap54%My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_lcap15%My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_lcap31%My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_lcap0%My thoughts on JDB's Ban Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

My thoughts on JDB's Ban Empty My thoughts on JDB's Ban

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Ok, I think something needs to be said, and it's probably not my place, but I feel as though I'm impartial on the situation. JDB was banned today, he messaged me about it. I don't know the guy from Adam, just like I don't know anyone else from these boards. I can also appreciate the fact that he's pissed a lot of people off, including, but not limited to Falconfan, who imposed the ban upon him. I respect Falconfan, as I'm sure he and everyone knows. But I think it's unfair that he takes it upon himself to impose a ban, without the consultation of the majority members of the group...and that can be a slippery slope. Thereby, I'd like to ask that JDB's ban be lifted, at least until we can get some kind of vote on it.

My point being, we can't just ban every player who pisses 3 or 4 guys off. Should he be allowed to insult people the way he did? Absolutely not. Should others be allowed to insult JDB the way they did, whether or not it was in retaliation? No. We're grownups, at least most of us are, so handle shit like adults do, and if someone is name-calling, insulting, etc etc. Fucking be a man and ignore them. Is that how you'd handle it in real life? Idk, personally I'd, probably get violent, however, you don't have that luxury on these boards so you'll have to ignore them.

I though poor sim play is what gets people banned, and moreover, I thought this group was a democracy and not a dictatorship, as regardless of how I feel about this situation or the parties involved, any non-play style related bans should be voted on. At least in my opinion. What does everyone else think?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on JDB's Ban Empty Re: My thoughts on JDB's Ban

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm not asking for anyone to make a move either way. I could personally care less. I'm just saying I think the banning of a player for anything besides non-sim play should be voted on. I spoke with both JDB and FF, and FF seems adamant that if JDB is here then he will not be. I think FF is a credit to this group, a hell of a player, and a nice guy based on the brief interactions he and I have had, so I'd be sad to see him go, but regardless of how I feel, it's only fair that a vote is held.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:49 pm

if someone can provide a valid answer why someone who causes this many problems and flames multiple members needs to be reinstated they are also welcome to take over my franchises, cause i won't be a part of a group that allows trash like that to ruin a community.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:50 pm

Cheedah you're a very cool guy.. however, dude, im just going to mind my business...i dont know whats going on therefore i dnt have an input..I truly believe lots of ppl are going to adopt this principle simply because some ppl are not willing to stick up for somebody they know, whether its the right or wrong thing to do..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:56 pm

the problems started when i stuck of for CP and buddah and jd calls me a liar saying i said he should put his madden career on his resume. clearly, his dumbass can't read a sentence and just skips past everything to get to the flaming. u know cp is my dude...just like a lot of you guys are, and the comment was meant towards jb's mlb the show comments. either way, it escalated from there until it just got ugly and decided to put a stop to it...with the support of personal requests as well.

and your probably right jmo, which is why i'm the only one who voted. i wouldn't have done it had it not been to benefit the community. same thing with mosettti kid and chizz, remember those guys? me either...

btw for some reason i though poll was unbanned...so my vote needs changed, but either way...whoever votes for the unban should probably explain why.

Last edited by falconfansince81 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:04 pm

Well all this topic was is an effort towards some democracy. If no one cares than that's fine with me. I appreciate you guys reading the topic and giving your input. I don't wanna see FF go. Period. I was just saying if JDB gets booted let's do it democratically. But if no one feels it's necessary to take that step, then that's cool too. If no one feels like they wanna vote, again that cool.

JDB...as you know, it's nothing personal bro, cuz I don't have any problems with you. But making a new name entitled JDBBannedbyMaddenloser is not going to help your cause to get reinstated if this actually does count towards a vote. I don't understand why any of this can't be left alone. So what if you don't like buddah, or CP, or FF, or whoever else, bro? JUST DON'T READ OR REPLY TO THEIR POSTS. I don't understand why anyone on these boards needs to resort to name calling etc etc. Have I ever been pissed about the way someone plays? Yeah, and I stated it along with these reasons why they pissed me off, after a couple replies it was done. I've had people call me a liar on here when I complained about their play style. SO WHAT? I know I'm not a liar, and I'd like to beleive that my actions while I've been here would support that, but if they don't, in the long run do i really give a shit whether Greener or DW believe me or not? Hell no (no offense fellas). What JDB, or CP, or FF, or Buddah, or I, or Greener or anyone says has no bearing on anyone else's life whatsoever, so if someone says something you don't like, sure make your argument known, but after a while realize that nothings going to come of it and leave it at that. Everyone's trying to get the last word in as if it's going to benefit someone in some way and all it does is perpetuate and exacerbate these arguments. There comes a point where a non response is response enough.

I beleive I've said my piece.

Last edited by Cheddah_Cheez on Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Yeah I agree with jmo, I don't know what happened between these guys other than what I read, I can't really take sides and rather not.

However, I do see where Cheddar is coming from. I really don't know how the process works for people being banned, I think it would be fair if there were a selected few, maybe like Greener and a few others that voted on if someone should be banned or not.

I don't know JDB, and Falcon I just know from the MG CPU Draft franchise. He seems like a fair and good commishoner, and I give him all the credit for how he runs his franchise, he does a hell of a job and it can't be easy having to deal with everyone. I wouldn't have a problem with Falcon being one of the few that would vote on bans since he is dedicated and seems very fair. Just my opinion.

Now banning people for being cheesers and what not, that idea I like! Lol I like it a lot actually!
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:26 pm

okay like most others i do not know the specifics about this situation. however i do know that the arguments on these boards was beginning to become personal and very low class and that is unacceptable. yeah we all get mad when we lose, to a certain extent. but it doesn't make sense to take it out on an individual of the madden group. it's crazy to think that all this drama arises from a primarily male based group around a video game. i seem like it's moving towards some high school girl bullshit drama. isnt the point of this group to avoid that? i thought the same thing with chizz and mo3sttikidd and that's why i don't take sides. however though i joined this group with FF so i obviously have more faith in him than a guy i have just encountered recently. and even with that being said i think there should be a vote, that's why we do have a governing council (which i am part of) the governing council is made up of players that greener (the founder) has appointed for the obvious reasons (honesty, straightforwardness, sportsmanship, etc, etc) as a governing council we haven't had much on our table since the rules for this year were finalized.. so this is a perfect opportunity to use the governing council to the benefit of the group. this should happen in a meeting setting in something similar to court trail, where both parties can present there sides/evidence/etc. and then after a vote can be taken from the governing council. i trust FF's decision making but in future cases i think this would be the best method and it would make the democracy that chedda is speaking of visible to the other members of the madden group and not have to be scared of getting booted for illegitimate reasons.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok guys.

I've been leaving my comments out. Because I choose to not get involved with the piece of shit anymore....but now I'm starting to get pissed. JDB is a fucking plague. The dude does nothing good for these franchises. Why the fuck do you think I booted him back in week 3 of season 1 in my DW franchise????...after he said he "quit"????...bullshit...he wanted me to boot him so he could talk more shit. The dude still sends me PS3 messages threatening me for deleting his negative posts off these boards...I'm fucking sick of reading about it...sick of hearing his lame ass fucking comments...and sick and tired of the endless bullshit he starts with everyone. Falcon i've more than got your back and you should know that. If you let him back in. I will peronally ban him myself...I have nothing to prove to you guys...you know what I bring to the table...100% commitment to my franchise and non-negativity on these boards. I truthfully don't know why you (Falcon) let the guy in your franchises in the first place. There is so much negativity on these boards anymore that I gave up reading half the bullshit posted. This site wasn't created for personal attacks on players. It has gone far beyond the realms of Madden Football. JDB just loves to fight...and all of you add fuel to his fire when you get involved. Leave him banned...everyone boot him from your franchises...and move on. It's not worth it. The dude just causes trouble. Period. Problem solved.

Last edited by Deathwish22 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 pm

DeathWish- did you just tell me 'Fuck You' ? just b/c I disagree? seriously...

you are promoting to keep negativity out, and here you go

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am

There Kavorka...I fixed my post for you...I was in the heat of the moment when I wrote that post...I didn't literally mean what I said...I was just so frustrated at the situation and couldn't believe that some of you were actually sticking up for the guy.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am

I can't speak for everyone else deathwish, but I don't think anyone was upset JD got banned. I just think some were wondering how the process works, and that there should be a vote or something just to make it fair and just for everyone.

It wasn't the decision people had a problem with, just wondering how these decisions are made. As you can see in the other thread that Greener stated he is banned, I agreed with the decision personally.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 am

Yea same here, and I think I communicated that to FF when I spoke with him over PSN. I made this topic not because I had a problem with JDB getting banned or not getting banned, just because I thought the process of expelling someone was something we handled as a group rather than individually. But it's clear to me now that this is something that the governing council or one of the admin's handle, which is fine by me as well.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:52 am

Cheddah I think your right this is not and should not be a democracy, there are people that give their extra time to keep these boards running, to be the commissioners in the franchises, to get new leagues started. They run this, and that's the way it should be.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:51 am

i probably acted a little hastily but it was only with intentions for the good of the community, its like there was a virus and it needed a cure. greener handled it very well, and i think it served a good example of how the governing council could be used. i personally don't see a reason to ever go this far again, with anyone...as everyone else on here is civil and generally gets along with respect towards each other whether they agree or disagree on things.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah the more I read that kids posts the more clear it became he needed to go. He was just full of hate and ignorance with the language he used by calling people "retarded" and "fags" shit like that is real ignorant. Here and there it happens, whatever, but too continuosly use that language and spewing hate it was just overboard for a friggin group thats about video games. We are all here to have some competitve fun, and yeah we will sh*t talk a little too, but you gotta keep things in perspective.

PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on JDB's Ban Empty my .02

Post by mblammers Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm

1. JDB's posts were WAY out of line. He should be banned. That's how I voted, because I agree with the outcome.
2. I hope that he was warned way back when it started. Cheddah makes good points about the process of banning needing to be transparent and fair.
3. Rui makes a good point that some people put in a TON of effort on this and should therefore have more say in the outcome, but I think this is already sufficiently addressed with the governing council apparatus.
4. Saying you aren't going to get involved is not productive at all. I understand the notion of letting people sort things out on their own and not getting in the middle- its kind of a "man-code" sort of thing. However, the nature of these boards is for people to communicate PUBLICLY. JDB chose to put his garbage on shout when he posted here, and we all are justified in commenting on it.
5. I will post this on the other thread, but Greenner is right that the "f" word and "r" word are ignorant and uncool. I know I've used both (the "r" word is one I really need to get a handle on - I use it WAY too much) and for that I apologize. I'll work on it.

thanks

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:29 pm

thanks DW, i know you didnt mean that literally but when i was reading it, i was like WTF? lol what did i do?

In case you guys wanted a reason why I voted..
- the only reason I voted against, was NOT b/c I thought what he was doing was OK, but b/c from what I saw, OTHERS have to be involed as well (don't know why he was the only one targeted). I dont really know what the situation was, and WHY he was being so negative towards bigbuddah and others.
- in summary, we want these boards civilized BUT don't provoke people either.

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanx bro...You guys know how I am...I take this fantasy madden franchise stuff way too seriously and wear my heart on my sleeve...JDB just sent me another threatening message this afternoon. He is now offically blocked on my PS3 now that I don't have to deal with him in Greeners franchise anymore...but I just wanted to give Greener props...I think he handled all of this in an excellent manner as FF stated.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 am

what went down between me and JDB was completely rediculous. im not in favor of banning ppl unless their play isnt sim and he was sim BUT flaming in every post and personal attacks is a different animal that shouldnt be on boards of any kind because noone personally knows anyone. the fact that he was saying things about me personally was a skip jump run marathon over the line. not once did i say rediculous non sense to him to make him come at me like that. he picks little fights and blows them up and if u talk back defending yourself he sends messages at 1 am in talkin about the same stuff weeks after it happened. that kind of harrasement is unecessary and thats what it comes down with him. harrassement.

all that to say this, regardless of my involvement in the situation i feel as tho he was rightfully banned because of his attitude towards the game and several members in this community and his harassing behavior.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on JDB's Ban Empty So he Really got Banned Huh?

Post by CantBbeat83 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 am

Im just surprised this situation caught that much attention.. I personally never had a Problem with him but hearing all this from more then 1 person and hearing the shit that was said DAMN thats some shit.. I will give you guys 1 thing you guys handled it correctly Good Shit.. Oh by the way this has nothing to do with this Subject but i think i will say it anyway.. SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHHOOOO!!!!!!!! And like i always said the same way Defense wins Championships in Football PITCHING WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS In Baseball!!! Again GIANTS 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

CantBbeat83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum