* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

addition to Madden Ettiquete

+4
falconfansince81
surfnturf90
Cheddah_Cheez
GREENERRRR
8 posters

Go down

addition to Madden Ettiquete Empty addition to Madden Ettiquete

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:20 am

When you are in an ACCEL CLOCK franchise - U CANNOT RUIN THE CLOCK UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE LAST 5 MINUTE OF THE GAME - There is already enough time run off these games - to have some intentionally RAG THE CLOCK DOWN TO ZERO B4 THE LAST 5 MINUTES - is definitely unsportsmanlike -

THE PLAYER IN THE LEAD ALREADY GETS THE BENEFIT OF THE OTHER PLAYER RUNNIN OFF 15 SECONDS EACH TIME HE RUNS AN OFFENSIVE PLAY (which wouldnt happen in at any elvel of football) - its just plain ignorant to run the clock BEYOND THIS - UNLESS ITS THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAME!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

addition to Madden Ettiquete Empty Re: addition to Madden Ettiquete

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:38 pm

No offense at all bro, because you know I normally dig the rules you make and the way you run things around here, but can the governing council vote on this one? Just because, I personally like to control the clock, and I'm not the best defender either, and with the way the AI rubberbands the way it does, giving my opponents extra time is pretty much guaranteeing more time that my players have to fumble the ball at ridiculous times, or more fluke plays caused by the AI to help the opponent come back. If I was in the non-accel leagues I'd most likely use the entire play clock anyway to create my own run-off. So can the council vote on this one?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:34 pm

I believe Greener came up with the idea for this rule during our last game, when I was up by 2 td's and running the play clock all the way down the entire 2nd half. When he said something to me during the game I was pretty surprised by it because it had never even crossed my mind that this was unsportsmanlike or cheeze in anyway. I would definitely like a vote on this issue, if everyone else agrees it is cheeze then I'll stop doing it. Personally I don't feel like there is anything wrong with it, and it would be very hard to regulate something like this, given that there players only have 20 seconds to make pre-snap reads and adjustment with the accelerated clock anyway. Not gonna be easy to prove that they are purposely wasting time, rather than just trying to get in a good play.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:21 am

dont u think the accel clock already RUNS ENOUGH TIME FROM OUR GAMES??? AND U WANT TO ADVOCate an extension of this? - u never have this this issue because u pass 80%+ of the time - BUT ITS A REAL HANDICAP WHEN U ARE A RUNIING TEAM AND PLAY WITH THE ACCEL CLCOK - runnin the clock just past the 2nd half just adds to the adbsurdity...

Never could make a rule about this - but adding it to my MADDEN ETTIQUETTE list - is an absolute NO BRAINER - i cant how u doint see this si CHZ? If it was a standard clock - U WOULD HAVE AN ARGUEMENT - but when we are playn under and accel clock AND EVERY SINGLE PLAY RUNS 15 SECONDS OFF THE CLOCK (For both Offense and defensive teams regardless of how fast they call in the play) -than u intentional run off another 15-20 seconds - U END UP ACTUALLY ONLY PLAYN HALF THE GAME -= do the math...

Still dont get the idea of athe accel clock - IF U WANT A SHORTER GAME - DONT TRY AND FOOL YOURSELF WITH 7 MINUTE QUARTERS AND ACCEL CLOCK ON - lets just play 4 minute quarters than every1 knows where they stand - REGARDLESS IF THEY RUN OR PASS THE BALL...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:20 am

Not tryin to step on any toes cause I know I'm fairly new here, but to me it seems like this is more a problem with the accelerated clock than with people eating up the playclock on their drives. There are many viable reasons for a player wanting to run the playclock all the way down, ranging from letting their players rest, making pre-snap adjustments, shortening the game when they are winning, or shortening the game to avoid injuries, all of which seem legitimate to me. In my opinion, people should be able to do whatever they want with their playclock.

If people don't like the accelerated clock, that's an entirely different issue.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 am

u are so right surfnturf - the accel clock is TIED AS THE WORST MADDEN INNOVATION (with fight for the fumble)... but it has its supporters - and guys like what they like 0- but we have to find ways to make the game RESONABLE for all the players that support these franchises...

I would just prefer to play 4 minute quarter sand be done with the BS that it adds to the game...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 am

so begins another accel clock debate...i'm just gonna say one thing about a few guys who spend more time in play selection and it's placebo effect on accel clock.

by the time you picked you play in our dw game greener, and came out of formation accel clock didn't run any seconds off anyways so i don't know what the gripe is. most guys who say it wastes time are the ones who make a longer play selection, and by the time they break huddle accel clock MAYBE ran off 5 seconds. on defense its the same concept, except against someone calling quick plays it takes more effect...which seemingly shortens the game, but against someone like say u and mullet who use the full 40 seconds you won't see a difference anyways since accel clock won't affect you unless you call your play within 1-10 seconds.

and i think STRATPAD is BY FAR the worst 'innovation' of madden since fight for the fumble, accel clock is good for (personal opinion, not saying im right) players who want their own realistic stats and game under 4 hours.

since most of the league passes 98% of the time i don't see how it matters anyways...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:27 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:

since most of the league passes 98% of the time i don't see how it matters anyways...

so whjat about the minority of gus who actively run the ball - they get the royal shaft? - If guys or so concerned about length of games - just shorten the clock instead of fooling yourself imnto thinkn u are playn a more legitimate quarter length
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:52 pm

well thats the whole problem, we ARE the minority. and the majority will choose a more pass catering clock system. i would really like 10 minutes accel clock (only for the fatigue and end of game purposes) but that would just get out of hand when people pass every play with the occasional draw.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:05 pm

yup, i can see a game going for 2 hours if guys just pass the ball... imagine that

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 am

I agree we should be able to run the clock as much as we want. Its fairly common in real NFL for the play clock to wind all the way down to 1 before the team snaps the ball. I really dont see the problem here, this is basic football strategy. When you have a lead you want to hold on the the ball and run as much time off the clock as possible.

I also agree that this should be proposed to the rules council and voted on. Maybe I misunderstood but I thought ALL rule changes would be handled this way.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 pm

fyi - Madden Group COmmunity Rules - are decided on by Governing COuncil Vote... Madden Group ETTIQUETTE (Which is not enforceable as a rule; and is more a form or MORAL SUASION) - is my baby - not to pull rank - BUT I DREAMED UP THIS CRAZINESS...

MY CODE OF CONDUCT (which agian is OPTIONAL and NBOBODY HAS TO FOLLOW...) IS JUST A REFLECTION OF HOW I VIEW THE GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED - u can agree or disagree - BUT I THINK I HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS THIS CODE OF CONDUCT (as the founder of the Madden Group and the guy who has spent more hours on thsi than any single person)

But u may have a point -= PERHAPS I WILL RENAME THE name of it from Madden Group ETTIQUETTE to GREENERS CODE OF FAIRPLAY CONDUCT - just so their is a clear differential; (and people understand that this HOW I FEEL TE GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED)...

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND....

I am not sayn this should be the case for NON ACCEL CLOCK FRANCHISE - just fior accel clock franchise - THE POINT IS THAT FORM OF PLAYS INTRICALLY ALREADY HAS 15 SECONDS RUN For EACH PLAY EVEN WHEN YOU ARE ON OFFENSE AND ARE TRYN TO GET THE PLAYS OFF QUICKLY TO FORM SOME KIND OF COMEBACK); intentionally throwing the entire 40 second down the tubes B4 THE LAST 5 MINUTES OF THE GAME - just makes the length of the game BEYOND ABSURDITY - its about REASONABLENESS - you already get 15 seconds run off THE ENTIRE GAME - EVERY PLAY - does it really seem RERASONABLE TOP SHORTEN THE GMAE FURTHUR????
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 pm

I see where your coming from Greener. Personally, I try to run as much as possible, ofcourse only if I am successful with it though, depends on my personal and the other teams personal/formation they are in. However, I think this is more of a length of quarter matter more than an accel clock matter in my opinion.

Accel clock only takes the play clock down to 20-15 seconds max, if I'm not mistaken. If you pick a play with 18 seconds left on the play clock it won't run it down to 3 seconds in a game with a 15 second run off, the farthest it will run you down is to 20-15 seconds (I think 15 but I'm not sure, can't remember). That is pretty realistic, you won't see an NFL team EVER get a play off with 20 seconds remaining on the play clock, usually its between 10-3 seconds left.

If you were playing the same guy without an acceleration on the clock and were trailing in the 2nd half, he would probably run the clock play clock down to 3 seconds before running his play anyways, it would just take longer for the game to end. Yes, you would have more time for you when you have the ball IF you pick your play pretty quick, but if you aren't out of the play call screen with 25-20 seconds on the clock then it makes no diffrence. All acceleration of the play clock does if you are playing an opponent that picks plays quickly it just runs off the remaining time on the play clock to about 20-15 seconds left, if both you and your opponent take say 15-20 seconds to pick your play, then accel clock has little to no affect on the game.

The best answer for players like yourself would be longer quarters or a league without accel clock. I would be interested, but 1 hour is plenty of time for a game for my life and schedule currently. If I had more time I would probably be interested but that's just way to long of a game for me right now. I can see problems with people not wanting to play games that take 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to play just because they are in other leagues or have to go to work or take the kids out or do homework, etc. It would be a great idea though for the guys that have the time though.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:23 pm

i don't think you should be running because you have to, it should serve a purpose. i generally set the run up by going pass heavy the first drive or consecutive first downs and get em playin back. when i notice them starting to focus on the run i go back to the pass its nothing done to drain clock though, just how it works out.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i don't think you should be running because you have to, it should serve a purpose. i generally set the run up by going pass heavy the first drive or consecutive first downs and get em playin back. when i notice them starting to focus on the run i go back to the pass its nothing done to drain clock though, just how it works out.

Yeah, definatley FF. I was trying to say that I rather be a run first team, but my gameplan varies as the game goes on. If your stacking the box then I will probably pass more, but if your playing more nickle and dime D then I will run more.

Personally I rather run, but usually I take what the D gives me for the most part and set up the run with the pass and vice versa. I will pass out of 2 back formations and run out of a singleback 3 wide, I like to switch it up, but I preffer to be a run first team.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I personally love the accel clock...it makes the game more realistic...the game wasn't designed to stare at the screen for 20 seconds trying to select a play...I seriously have to slow my game down just to play in your league Greener...the accel clock will forever be on in my franchise...plus it makes the fatigue more accurate.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:06 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i don't think you should be running because you have to, it should serve a purpose. i generally set the run up by going pass heavy the first drive or consecutive first downs and get em playin back. when i notice them starting to focus on the run i go back to the pass its nothing done to drain clock though, just how it works out.

I 100% back falcon on this post. We have a very similar offense in the way that we are both run heavy.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Deathwish22 wrote:I personally love the accel clock...it makes the game more realistic...the game wasn't designed to stare at the screen for 20 seconds trying to select a play...I seriously have to slow my game down just to play in your league Greener...the accel clock will forever be on in my franchise...plus it makes the fatigue more accurate.

I agree Deathwish. Even as running is my ideal offense, I preffer accel clock as well. 1 hour is plenty of time for a game in my opinion and makes it more conveinent. I think 8 minute quarters accel clock works perfect for an online franchise as its hard enough to get everyone to play there games in 48 hrs as it is, with longer games its more likely you would have to advance every 3-4 days instead of every 2-3.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum