* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

atlanta suffers first loss...

4 posters

Go down

atlanta suffers first loss... Empty atlanta suffers first loss...

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 pm

a defensive battle all game, coach smith dialed up perfect zone blankets to contain the speedhawks this week but it proved to not be enough. despite 6 interceptions atlanta was seemingly doomed to lose this one. late in the fourth wr roy williams appeared to throw the game by dropping two easy first down conversion catches which would have sealed a shutout. the insuing drive by the hawks ss jim leonard (also under investigation) started spinning in circles (im serious about that) at the LOS when he was supposed to be in a buzz zone covering the side allowing a 73 yard td to a wide open receiver. perhaps the veteran misunderstood the term 'buzz zone'.

when the game was on the line, up 13-7 sure handed clay harbor fumbled a 1st down pass that would have insured victory giving seattle one more shot to drive the field with 1 minute left. relying on the same strategy that worked the entire game vs the same offensive plays, smith went back to his trusted secondary who seemingly allowed catches in double coverage and missed easy tackles as the speedhawks effortlessly marched down for the winning score.

coach smith had this to say after the game: "today, our entire team was let down by what seemed like 'give up tactics', i've never seen such poor gameplay when it matters most and says a lot about our chances of putting games away. i'm disgusted to be associated with this debauchery". pay off investigations are currently underway...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

atlanta suffers first loss... Empty Re: atlanta suffers first loss...

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Wowwww, sounds like disciplinary problems to me. That's what happens when you don't run a tight ship...
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Games like that make u wonder right...its all good tho u will bounce back...if u can say u did everything u could then ur fine.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

yeah, did what a could with 85 speed wr's vs 97 speed db's. when i did get em open they'd drop the damn ball, and that seperation would close as soon as i threw it. i'm happy with how me d played until the last 2 drives, but i'm trying to trade around and get some quicker receivers...otherwise its a lost cause.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Getting faster wrs will be hard since everyone is in love with fast players on this game...rte means nothing and ppl will be reluctant to give away some of there speed unless ur looking for a low 90's big wr like a sims walker at 91 speed. I'm sure the faster wrs will be over priced

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Dude I don't get it, I had the same situation in my playoff game today in Vista's league. I had Chansi Stuckey drop at least 6 balls that should have been caught. I'm not even talking hit off his hands, he literally caught them, took a step and then dropped the ball 6 or 7 times. Surf had Tate drop 2 deep balls as well, one of which hit him right in the helmet.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah that game was absurd Cheddah, the stats said you had 4 drops and I had 2, but I'm pretty sure out of our 22 combined incompletions, at least half of them were due to drops, if not more. I guess maybe the snow?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 am

It was either the snow, or that Chansi stuckey sucks just as bad in the game as he does real life...the Tate drops were a little more absurd though. His just kinda hit him in the head, Stuckey just couldn't hold onto it after contact. On some of my drops though he had the ball so long I thought it was gonna be ruled a fumble.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 am

Yeah well Tate's awareness is probably about a -2, so I guess I'll forgive him for now. If your WR's hadn't been dropping even more passes than mine though, I think the controller might have gone through a wall or something ha.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 am

that happened to ro88's wr twice, threw him the ball and it just hit him in the head. i forget what 99 speed wr it was they're all the same...but it was pretty funny. and buddah, your totally right man...i can't get a fucking 70 overall wr with good speed without trading picks 1,2,3 and my entire defensive line or something absurd. i don't blame em tho, i wouldn't either...it blame ea's half assed version of football where only 3 ratings hold any weight. i played a game of 2k5 last night, its still light years ahead of madden in terms of realism...i actually got stomped by the cpu 31-3 lol...but i never felt cheated, it was just good play. not dropped passes to kill a drive to limit scoring.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down