* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

BOGUS PUNT RETURNS

+2
falconfansince81
GREENERRRR
6 posters

Go down

BOGUS PUNT RETURNS Empty BOGUS PUNT RETURNS

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I have opnly had 1 kind of PUNT RETURN for a TD on me in Madden 10 (and i am suyre u have had it happen to you)...

its the WEAVE punt return - where the returner weaves form 1 side of the field to another... I dont have it on video b/c it taKES TO LONG AND U SEE ON REPLAYS is him runnin untouched to the end zone...

its gettn to the point that i am kickn each punt to the sideline - WHICH IS NOT SOM - but the consistant success of this WEAVE punt return (if the returner gets past the initail punt team GUNNERS) - has made me aprhensive of punting to any1...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

BOGUS PUNT RETURNS Empty Re: BOGUS PUNT RETURNS

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 pm

yeah since locomotion allows high agility players to ice skate their way around defenders i boot it out the sideline as well, i've seen it done plenty times so now i just kick it right out of bounds.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

BOGUS PUNT RETURNS Empty i havent had a guy

Post by saastar Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm

return a punt on me for a td yet in this madden... i will usually have a great punter who can keep deep and ill keep it straight at him and just get on one of the gunners and run further outside then normal to get around his blocker making him have to go inside first then try to run outside... so i usually am able to tackle the run man before he gets to far...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Seen it at least least 3 times
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:20 pm

I've seen it done a bunch of times, by quality players. I mean, in a sense it's an IOR, and not an IOR. When you look at the coverage, especially on directional punts, by the time the returner catches it, the opposite half of the field is already wide open and the coverage team is basically in a slanted line running down field, so all obviousness tells you to "run where they ain't". But what happens is the gunners usually create such a cushion as they often push the returner to the closed off side. What really agile players then do is cut back AFTER they get passed the gunners, which makes it into an IOR.
There's really nothing you can ask players to do, I mean it's either get taken down by the gunners right away and maybe fumble, call a fair catch, or pretty much run an IOR cutback after you pass the gunners, otherwise you run right into coverage.

What I try to do, so I can still return punts and be as un-cheesy as possible, is only make one major cut. So either I will make my cut to reverse field after I get past the gunners, or get past the gunners on the side that's already open and then cut back towards the coverage (If you can visualize that), this way I'm not looping up the field unrealistically, it's just one cut either way and I run. It won't lead to a TD, but at least I can pick up 10-15 yds and not feel cheesy.

To avoid it, just kick it OB.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Interesting, When I return punts what I noticed if they punt to one sideline or another I try to get by the Gunner then cut to the open side of the field. I have scored a few TD on this one I remember in particular was in Season 1 of Deathwish league against RUI-F. When I recieve punts in the middle of the field they generally don't amount to much.

When I punt I do things differently all the time Alot of time I kick the ball flat to eliminate the return all together kick to the wide side and it will bounce and go Out of Bounds. Also I like to kick it with the highest possible arc and I let my computer gunners do the work (They don't miss tackles like I do). This is the best thing I have found still get great punt and very little return. The worst punt to me is just kick it at normal trajectory at full power it out kick the coverage and leads to big returns!

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Vista3131 wrote:Interesting, When I return punts what I noticed if they punt to one sideline or another I try to get by the Gunner then cut to the open side of the field. I have scored a few TD on this one I remember in particular was in Season 1 of Deathwish league against RUI-F. When I recieve punts in the middle of the field they generally don't amount to much.

When I punt I do things differently all the time Alot of time I kick the ball flat to eliminate the return all together kick to the wide side and it will bounce and go Out of Bounds. Also I like to kick it with the highest possible arc and I let my computer gunners do the work (They don't miss tackles like I do). This is the best thing I have found still get great punt and very little return. The worst punt to me is just kick it at normal trajectory at full power it out kick the coverage and leads to big returns!

Agreed bro. If I'm trying to switch the field position, I'll kick it normal trajectory OUT OF BOUNDS...at least i try to. But if the field position is already in my favor, I'll arc it high. The thing about a high arced kick is that your gunner are able to get to the returner at about the time he makes the catch, so if they don't call a fair catch, it's usuall a fumble on the hit...that is, unless the gunner is a bitch, in which case it results in the failed hit stick animation that just bumps the runner.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum