* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IMPROVED???

+2
falconfansince81
GREENERRRR
6 posters

Go down

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IMPROVED??? Empty OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IMPROVED???

Post by GREENERRRR Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:29 pm

I am not sure if i am justy seeing things - but - I HAVE NOPTICED IN MY GAMES THAT OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY HAS IMPROBVED SIGNMIFICANTLY (vs the run anyways)...

I always draft great Guards - and Solid run blocking Tackles - and they have been CREATING BIG HOLES it doesnt matter what play i call - A LOT OF TIMES (particularily if i am playn a weaker D-LINE) - the HOLES ARE IMMENSE at the POA and the Linemen are even getting to the 2nd level where warranted...
'
Maybe i just got lucky the last few games - BUT I HOPE THIS IS TRUE - Oline has been under valued in Madden for years - and guys have abused it in fantasy drafts by not dedicating the proper VALUE TO OLINE PICS - AND THEY HAVE GOT AWAY WITH IT IN THE PAST...

A great Oline should destroy an AVG to Medicore DLINE consistantly (conversely a GREAT DLINE - should dominate a weak O-LINE) - ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE REGARDLESS OF WHO IS RUNNING THE BALL (a RB can only take u so far) - I hope this observation is found to be a MADDEN TRUISM - if it is - U ARE GONNA SEE A BIG-TIME CHANGE IN DRATF STRATEGIES - this would help counter the DRAFT SPEED AT ALL COSTS PHENOMINUM... if a great Oline can consistantly run between the tackles, SPD AT RB IS LESS OF A CONCERN... than furthurmore - this helps set up play action - and a play action pass vs a defense that has to respect the run - IS EFFECTIVE AS ANY SPD RECIEVER COMBO!!!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IMPROVED??? Empty Re: OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY IMPROVED???

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

what would warrant such a change? ea hasn't released any gameplay improvements since patch 1.02 when they supposidly 'tweak' cpu reaction time on d (they still just stand there if you have a 2 score lead) and took away broken tackles. i haven't seen much improvement to blocking, maybe your just improving or being more patient on gap vision?
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 pm

or maybe the last patch hid what run play you called from some of your opponents so they are no longer shifting their d line to the side your running
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:31 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:I am not sure if i am justy seeing things - but - I HAVE NOPTICED IN MY GAMES THAT OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY HAS IMPROBVED SIGNMIFICANTLY (vs the run anyways)...

I always draft great Guards - and Solid run blocking Tackles - and they have been CREATING BIG HOLES it doesnt matter what play i call - A LOT OF TIMES (particularily if i am playn a weaker D-LINE) - the HOLES ARE IMMENSE at the POA and the Linemen are even getting to the 2nd level where warranted...
'
Maybe i just got lucky the last few games - BUT I HOPE THIS IS TRUE - Oline has been under valued in Madden for years - and guys have abused it in fantasy drafts by not dedicating the proper VALUE TO OLINE PICS - AND THEY HAVE GOT AWAY WITH IT IN THE PAST...

A great Oline should destroy an AVG to Medicore DLINE consistantly (conversely a GREAT DLINE - should dominate a weak O-LINE) - ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE REGARDLESS OF WHO IS RUNNING THE BALL (a RB can only take u so far) - I hope this observation is found to be a MADDEN TRUISM - if it is - U ARE GONNA SEE A BIG-TIME CHANGE IN DRATF STRATEGIES - this would help counter the DRAFT SPEED AT ALL COSTS PHENOMINUM... if a great Oline can consistantly run between the tackles, SPD AT RB IS LESS OF A CONCERN... than furthurmore - this helps set up play action - and a play action pass vs a defense that has to respect the run - IS EFFECTIVE AS ANY SPD RECIEVER COMBO!!!

Greeners O-LINE dominated against my Browns this week in the Deathwish Franchise. I was third in defensive rushing total in the league at the start of the game. Greener put up over 200 rushing yards against me...they were like a brick wall...couldnt get any penetration...and his fullback was laying down some massive blocks too...before the game I thought I was damn good at stopping the run...I hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher all season...it was a very humbling game. Insane. Great game though.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:14 pm

i ran mostly 34 zone vs greener week 1 in dw league, which for some reason held him to under 100 yards on the ground in pitching the shutout...how the hells that work? i pretty much look at madden as reverse logic, just do opposite of what you would normally do in real life and you'll have decent madden success lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:35 pm

See dw that's what makes you a good player bro.. you take respondiblity when you lose and improve.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:45 pm

jmojsoski wrote:See dw that's what makes you a good player bro.. you take respondiblity when you lose and improve.

must make me a bad one
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by huffinator Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Not sure about Oline but defensive reaction is pretty well non existent. I've got 97OVR James Harrison playing MLB on a Dime Cover 1 the RB comes and does a curl right next to Harrison in the middle zone for about 1-2 seconds they stand next to each other, mean while i'm controlling a safety looking for the open route. The QB launches a pass to the RB, and Harrison just stands there and looks off to the sideline while he makes the catch and doesn't even try to pursue the RB after he makes the catch. The RB in this case was the rookie Boutte with 97 spd, who then scampered off for a 35 yd touchdown. I saved the highlight, its a perfect example of how retarded this game is.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/47666118

Because ea highlights are as terrible as their game play, you have to pause the game in like the first 3-4 frames (less than a second), to see Harrison standing next to Boutte and starring off to the sidelines, and note he doesn't even have any players doing anything in that direction he's staring off too. If you could see the full play you would see them standing there for 1-2 seconds. All his players were running routes to the left of the field so I was snooping over there with Polamalu, so he then scampers off to the right side of the field where no one is for the easy TD. I don't care if Peyton Manning is throwing the ball, he's not gonna complete that pass and unless Harrison is on drugs, he's gonna get a $25,000 penalty for smashing Boutte after that pass... lol

Last edited by huffinator on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

huffinator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Your deffinetly not a bad player but, that's an area of your game that you lack. Owning up and talking responsibility makes you a better player because your willing to examine your own faults in your game and move forward. Don't get me wrong pol do complain, I for one will call pp.'s wins over me luck simply because I believe if I play my best I can win them all, however, when u do lose I do feel there are always an extra play or two that I could have made to win the game.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 pm

much like huffinator demonstrated, this vid pretty much sums up defensive awareness as well as gameplay in general which leads me to believe that blocking in this game is purely static...meaning the blockers are statues much like defensive players waiting to be engaged in an animation. there are no dynamics, ai, weight, momentum, reaction, downfield blocking or even decent pursuit angles. i don't even run plays with a fullback because 90% of the time they end up getting in the way or turning around to engage in an animation with a player who's already out of the play. dumb. so yes, the awful ai and gameplay is not just an excuse as to why i've lost games but its evidence as well that you are very limited in the control you have in being successful if at any point you must rely on the cpu to make a play. last night, i could not play buddah because the lag was so bad i had no chance to switch to a defender and make a play...i took the loss because i can bearly tolerate the game as is, let alone being stripped of user control.

anyways, really note the stupidity around 2 or 3 mins til the end...i've never seen a madden game have ai react so poorly, ever. this is going back to the ps1 days when at least players had some sense of procedural awareness.

falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 pm

i have seen that video before in another forum - IS THAT YOUR VIDEO FF?

The reciever spd burts is INSANE - totally made up thing by ea sports - i would like ot know if their is a raTING THAT INFLUENCES A PLAYERS A ABILITY TO DO THIS? perhaps reoute running? I know childplease did ana nalyisis on route running, DID THE RECIEVER SPD BURTS COME INTO PLAY THERE?
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:23 pm

BTW - JUST PLAYED EZWEIGHTLOSS - and my OLINE went for a complete crap again - STILL GAINED CLOSE TO 100 YARD RUSHING - but my opline was far from dominate - I THINK I JUST GOT LUCKY VS DEATHWISH22
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm

the point i was trying to make about taking ownership was seen obvious in both your scouting reports written in DW franchise...In the game versus Child please, you come back and win solely based on skill.. No where you give the CPU credited. However, when you lost and RO__88 came back and beat you, you solely blamed the CPU as the reason for coming back... you stated all the way from dropped balls to a fumble...The game you win, yo take responsibility, however the game you lose, you take no blame. IF YOU WANTED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY YOU WOULD POINT OUT THE FACT THAT YOU RECORD A RECORDed 6 INTS AND ONLY 13 POINTS.. YOUR O LOST THE GAME NOT YOUR D. Then you say late in the game, you went to the same exact play that worked on D the whole game except the last drive when he scored. Did it not occur to you that he caught on to what you were doing? 1 D play should not work the whole game, if it does show me where is the sim in that? 1 D play can shut down someone completely? i just saying, take responsibility for your wins and losses. Not one over the other
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:23 pm

i came back on cp because the cpu let me, not because he played worse...the game decreased his player ratings significantly and magically my lb's played great d while his just stood around and claussen all the sudden lost half his accuracy. and it wasn't in a scouting report i said that, in scouting reports i at least try and word it realistically but that can be a hard thing to achieve in madden. realism. i can't even think of one actual football fundamental madden does correctly, like they USED to in 04 and 05 and what 2k has always done. the comeback ai for casual gamers is what ruins it for me, and greeners oline in theory should plow through 90% of the teams consistently and mine shouldn't be effective at all...but its a video game, and a poorly made one at that.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 pm

no dude..i asked you after the game, it was me you and CP in the lobby..CP said you played good and came back, he acknowledge the fact he lost to you...so i posed the question and he is my witness..i said, was it rubber band AI or skill? you replied skill...then i said wow...and i went to play wrestling.. and dude, i not trying to attack you, im just saying take responsibility for your losses as well as wins.. and still we no the AI is shitty..hell deathwish knows the AI is shitty and look what he said in his post...he took full responsibility for his lost...solely blamed it on himself..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 pm

i can't take or give responsibility when i win/lose to bad programming, dropped passes on third downs are uncontrollable so are claussens overthrows...but i DID come back because of the 4 USER picks...but on the last one it wasn't cp's fault at all the ball was literally throw at my safety, the comeback was skill, but the ending was cpu controlled. i really don't like games that control outcomes the way madden does i guess is my overall point. which is probably why i always stuck with fps's like counterstrike and battlefield, cause then its truly on your own shoulders and there isn't any ai to ruin a game.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 pm

jmojsoski wrote:See dw that's what makes you a good player bro.. you take respondiblity when you lose and improve.

Thank you for the kind words JMO...if i get my ass kicked in this game...instead of bitching about it...I always go back and start labbing to figure out what I was doing wrong. If 90% of the guys did that in these leagues...instead of just bitching the whole time (and sending me 20 messages each week)...we would be much better players as a whole...at the beginning of the season...I was really worried about my schedule...but now that we're in week 13 and I've got an 8-3 record (one of those losses was from a sim)...I gotta say I've made some major accomplishments...but I've been labbing like a mothereffer though...my season 1 on here was dismal...I was all over the place...now I'm more focused. Ready to play.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum