* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Rule Change ??

+5
surfnturf90
jmojsoski
ezweightloss
Cheddah_Cheez
Vista3131
9 posters

Go down

Rule Change ?? Empty Rule Change ??

Post by Vista3131 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 pm

This weekend 2 times I had my opponent trailing me by 7 points with just seconds left in the game.

In both cases they scored and went for 2 point conversions and converted of course because it is such a high rate of success for 2 point conversions, like a 2 foot putt.(not unlike converting 4th downs in this game)

Well I did some research and in the NFL since 1994 this has only happened 7 times in the same situation with it being successful only 3 times.

7 times in 16 years in the NFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20080914_SD@DEN

Read for yourself.

Last edited by Vista3131 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Rule Change ?? Empty Re: Rule Change ??

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Idk bro, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I'd agree that going for 2 in most situations of the game is unsim. However, on the last play of the game if you wanna go for the win I think that's your prerogative. I've stopped players on the 1yd line 4 straight downs plenty of times. I also have stopped more 2pt conversions than have scored against me. If someone wants to go for it on the last play of the game for the win I say let them. A. It's my own damn fault for not getting a stop in the first place. And B. I have a chance to make up for them and win it in regulation. I could see if it was from the 1, where they could just dive in the endzone, but a 2yd gain is def not a given. Just my opinion though
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:30 pm

i agree with vista on it's not sim. i would be fine with having that rule.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 am

i agree with cheedah on this one...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 am

gonna have to side with cheddah on this one.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 am

I don't really care one way or the other, But we can all agree it is not sim and it is a cheap way for a player to get a win.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am

OK i so tired of guys sayin this or that is unsim there is nothing wrong with going for 2 to win the game if u ask any NFL coach im sure if they had a chance to win the game by picking up 3 yards they would take it (look at NE last year against colts)
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 am

Oh yah, your right we see it all the time. According to the article it has happened 7 times in 16 years of NFL football. So every coach of course will go for the 2 in that situation.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am

I don't think it's unsim to be honest. I've played college football, and I've had coaches that went for it in those situations. I've also had coaches that haven't. Some people just don't play for the tie. I've seen teams do it in the NFL too. Hell the chargers did it a couple years ago I think and didn't convert.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 am

Vista your saying exactly what im saying this wont happen every week so if the situation happens one time in a season why should a player be forced to kick a extra point
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 am

I agree with that broh.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:19 am

chedda this isn't college so that's kind of irrelevant. but it is unsim. almost exclusively people kick and play overtime. really i don't care either way.. but if we are shooting for sim kicking an extra point is the right thing to do. it has happened in .02% of games in the recent nfl era. those calculations don't include playoff games. and we all know it's alot harder to pick up 2 yards in the nfl than it is in madden.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 am

NFL teams are successful on 2 point conversions about 50% of the time. The reason they don't go for it at the end of games is that if they don't make it, they are going to get destroyed by the fans and the media. Nobody blames them if they kick the PAT and lose in overtime, but if they go for 2 and fail they are going to get roasted. The coaches who aren't worried about losing their job are the ones who make calls like this (Belichick going for it on 4th and 2 against Indy a few years ago, Sean Payton starting the half with the onsides kick in the Superbowl). We obviously don't have anybody to answer to if we go for 2 and fail, but I feel like we should be able to do it if we want to.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:45 am

ezweightloss wrote:chedda this isn't college so that's kind of irrelevant. but it is unsim. almost exclusively people kick and play overtime. really i don't care either way.. but if we are shooting for sim kicking an extra point is the right thing to do. it has happened in .02% of games in the recent nfl era. those calculations don't include playoff games. and we all know it's alot harder to pick up 2 yards in the nfl than it is in madden.

I mentioned my college football experience so when I said I had coaches that would go for it in those situations people would understand that I wasn't basing that on some pop warner experience where people couldn't kick field goals so you had to go for it. How often are there situations where a game is tied in professional sports and a team would rather go for it than go to OT? Very few. But teams still do it. YES it's harder to get 2 yds in real life than in Madden. It's also harder to defend the pass than it is to defend the run. So by that logic we should also disallow passing.

My point being. It should be a players choice if they wanna risk a win/loss on an extra point. My thoughts are that if I played poor enough defense to let them drive and score on me, I don't want some rule bailing me out of shitty defense if they wanna give me another chance to stop them AND win the game. Not everyone will do it. I personally would just kick it. But some people would go for it. I say let them.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 am

i really don't care how this rule works out. i just wanna make it clear that in is unsim. i personally would never go for it in that situation. but that's just me.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

SMH im still lost on how it is unsim it happens in real life maybe not alot but it happens just like in madden this situation wouldn't happen alot and most ppl would kick still, but i do know whats unsim and thats not having a choice
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:37 am

.02% equates to almost never. madden's tendencies can't be properly compared with real football. by it happening twice in the same season to the same person (vista) contributes how it is unrealistic

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Rule Change ?? Empty well

Post by imthatcrack Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm

The way i see it if its the end of game and u are down by 7 and u scored, why u should u give ur opp a chance and win the game in OT. line ur guys up and go for the win,And to the defense i say line and stop them . i dont think that is unsim

imthatcrack
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:12 pm

going for the win with seconds left is a coaching move. most coaches in the nfl will take the FG and force overtime but if u dont feel like u can get a stop just in case they get the ball in OT then y not be able to go for the win. i dont see a problem with it if it is in that situation...i dont think its a cheap way to get a win. what does become cheap is the plays ppl will do just to get 2 yards. that is the cheap part about it but lining up in a power run set to run isnt cheap or throwing a slant or out route but throwing in the flats straight off the snap kinda is.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:48 pm

personally i'd play for OT especially in a playoff game, cause i'm probably at that 50% rate as well on my 2 points...i've seen too many cb's arm tackle a powerback to prevent the score. if someone went for 2 for the win with the game on the line thats their call...i wouldn't consider it unsim simply because there isn't any media or jobs at stake like someone mentioned before. if there were no such consequences in the nfl there would be a lot more of these calls as well, so since that element of media scrutiny doesn't exist in madden i don't think it can be called unsim.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum