* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins

5 posters

Go down

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins Empty AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins

Post by mblammers Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Division rivals New York Jets and Miami Dolphins, both under new ownership, have agreed in principle to the following trade:

Miami is sending D. Hester and J. Cribbs to New York.

in exchange, the Jets are sending Dez Bryant and their 4th round pick in the upcoming draft to Miami.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins Empty i agree

Post by saastar Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:17 pm

i confirm this trade...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins Empty Re: AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins

Post by slickmonkyz Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:59 am

week 12 deadline???
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:20 am

Thats a good point slick. Whats the word commish?

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins Empty well i just took

Post by saastar Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 am

over this team and forgot the week 12 deadline... but i dont think it being off an week is going to hurt anything... it aint like im going to make the playoffs anyway... so either way by the start of playoff the trade will take place anyway... plus like i said i just took over this team just recently so i think 1 trade after week 12 aint going to hurt anyone..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:57 am

I didn't even think about the deadline. Sorry about that. I have no problem returning the players and dealing with it in the offseason.

I just took over the team, and wanted to make some changes.

Sticklers around here, lol.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:08 pm

haha honestly it doesn't matter to me at all, i'd just send greener a message and see what he says.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

AFC trade - Jets and 'Phins Empty yeah i think

Post by saastar Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 pm

the rule should change since there is week 12 deadline instead of an week 6.. that there shouldnt be an deadline at all... bc i mean ur only extending it 5 more weeks if u dont have a trade deadline..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I sent Greenerrr a message and asked that we be granted an accomodation b/c we took over the teams so late and because we aren't in playoff contention anyway. I'm waiting to hear back.
I'm cool with whatever he decides. I prefer bigger recievers, but if I have to roll with cribbs and hester, there are worse things in the world.

As far as the deadline generally, I don't know. I do think the NFL's deadline is WAY too early. As a Cowboys fan, I would have more interest if they could start trading players now in anticipation of next year (Mike Jenkins!).

I don't really understand the rationale of a trade deadline at all.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I think its to keep bad teams from sending all their players to people in playoff contention. It would be pretty easy for people to work something out where a team that's not gonna makes the playoffs trades a bunch of his good guys to another team, then they trade them back in the offseason.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I guess I get that, but wouldn't a commissioner be able to reject a trade if there was no real value exchanged?

Regardless, like I said - no big deal here. Whatever the commish thinks is fair.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Yeah if neither of you guys are going to make the playoffs anyway then it really doesn't matter at all.

I'm sure people could work something out that could seem fair on paper (1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks, and some young guys with A potential for a bunch of good but old players), then they could change one or 2 pieces of it and trade everything back in the offseason, saying they decided they like their old players better or something. Hopefully not something that would happen in these leagues, but I think thats the justification for it.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:13 am

surfnturf90 wrote:Yeah if neither of you guys are going to make the playoffs anyway then it really doesn't matter at all.

I'm sure people could work something out that could seem fair on paper (1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks, and some young guys with A potential for a bunch of good but old players), then they could change one or 2 pieces of it and trade everything back in the offseason, saying they decided they like their old players better or something. Hopefully not something that would happen in these leagues, but I think thats the justification for it.

Not to bust anyone's bubble. But I disagree. The rule should stand...no exceptions. Otherwise we could bend any rule in these franchises. Even if you're out of playoff contention and took over a team late...you still should have to follow the rules. But it's Greeners call...and if he's cool with it...who am I to say anything bad about it?
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down