* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read...

+2
Cheddah_Cheez
falconfansince81
6 posters

Go down

FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read... Empty FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read...

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:00 pm

i played the game for about an hour before getting bored of the terribly rehashed maps and poor shooting physics. the game was clearly designed for young kids or teens and presents 0 realism or warfare tactics...after mw2 i thought they might try and move towards the edge of realism to compete with bc2 but no, its still an arcade strafe and spray game. at one point someone was driving a little rc car around trying to blow people up...and i thought to myself, 'why and i sitting here trying to run away or shoot a little toy car when i can literally demolish full buildings, infantry and other vehicles with a tank in bc2? thats when i stopped playing...indefinitely.

i encourage anyone thinking of buying this game, either for pc or ps3 to consider the following before shelling out 65.00...and if you REALLY want a realistic combat experience bc2 is by far the clear choice.

VEHICLES

battlefield: bad company2: 1 light tank, 2 heavy tanks, humvee, quad, 2 pwc's, jet ski, grenade launching boat, 3 different attack helicopters, 1 transport heli with dual chainguns, dunebuggy with mounted HMG, UAV with guided missle and machine guns

call of duty: black ops: toy car

WEAPONS

there are relatively similar weapons in each game...but in relation to the purpose heres the comparison:

battlefield: bad company2: anti-tank weapons such as mines and tracer dart for missile guided offensive and counter offensive tactics

call of duty: black ops: shoot rockets at enemies, into houses, or someones cpu controlled attack heli which are both amazingly annoying

battlefield: bad company2: AA and AT weapons at different choke points in the map

call of duty: black ops: heavy MG in windows...if there are any, i didn't really look but i'm sure they're there...somewhere

CLASSES AND OBJECTIVES

both games have a similar setup except in bc2 you rely on squads and teamwork to advance further in the map by either capturing bases (flags) or detonating MCOM stations (rush). in cod:bo you just hide in a corner with claymores or run around aimlessly in deathmatch or play capture the flag. they added a zombie mode too scratch

battlefield: bad company2: assault (used to lay down smoke or blow up buildings and resupply team with ammo), medic (provides MG support and can drop health packs and revive fallen soldiers), recon (i fucking hate snipers, but they can serve a purpose by providing mortar strikes and long range cover so the real men can do work), engineer (my favorite, used to blow shit up..tracer darting tanks for missile guidance, blowing up buildings and bridges with c4, and repairing vehicles). all the support you do with your class contributes to your exp points and levels, so its not all about kills but how much you help your team.

call of duty: black ops: it doesn't even matter since its just about personal stats,0 teamwork, and cheap perks

MAPS

battlefield: bad company2: the size, layout, and detail of the very large maps in bc2 allows the game to progress up to 3 or 4 times in which you either take out mcom stations to continue or lose the game by running out of team tickets (deaths). games can last up to an hour if one team can continue taking out the sites. there is also a 10 second wait for respawn and loss of ticket unless revived by a medic which can severly impact the teams chance of winning the battle.

call of duty: black ops: very small, arbitrary, and half the time you spawn you being shot at immediately.

GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY

battlefield: bad company2: since i play on pc i can get optimal performance and see both games at their full potential, which in pc i'm still amazed by how real it looks. the audio is absolutely perfect from pieces and shrapnel flying by to dying soldiers screaming "fuck me, im hit!". the sounds of buildings collapsing really puts you in a state of panic to get the hell out of there, as does the crap feeling when you hear a nearby tank approaching and don't see an engineer in sight. really sets the atmosphere...

EVERYTHING in bc2 is destructible, meaning you can literally blow up anything on the maps...and seeing a humvee get lit up by a tank and go cartwheeling into a building as troops are flying out is pretty damn epic.

player movement and control is very well done, as is piloting and driving tanks/heli's and other vehicles. the shooting physics in this game are what really capture the realism...you have to take into account range, velocity, speed, and movement of your target to hit anyone on the run or from a distance. i once hit a sniper shot from 511 meters...it was unreal...thats 100m short of a mile. it was scoped in on my bead almost at the bottom of my scope right below the last bead, very cool shot.

call of duty: black ops: on the pc it looked just like a console game, and played exactly as if it was ported from one. one known issue is the game lags to the point where its almost unplayable. i didn't notice much voice comm other than the 12 year olds i had to mute...um, some of the death animations were ok but since you can just respawn right away its moreless just a turkey shoot for 10 minutes.

player movement is pretty good, i actually like the strafe system a bit better than bc2 but theres no skill involved in aiming or accounting for distance and movement, especially since the maps are so tiny its rare you ever have to pull off many long distance shots that require much sight adjustments. the audio is just terrible and sounds as fake as the game itself plays.

if your into simulations this game is a simple waste of money, if your into arcade-like shoot em ups (madden) than this could be fun to just skillessly run around fragging. i prefer using strategy and tactics coupled with teamwork to really enjoy a game and want to feel like im there and not just mindlessly running around shooting people, which is probably why i'm so bias to the battlefield series...just my take on it tho. back to madden!
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read... Empty Re: FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read...

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 pm

That's an interesting review. I've only every played MW2, never played bc2. I liked MW2 except for the fact that when I tried to play any type of objective based games no one actually went for the objectives, it was all about just killing people, with maybe one or two guys trying to actually accomplish the objectives, and 0 communication. Or...you'd get thrown in with random people against an actual team (I guessed their called clans) and get absolutely butt-raped. So it was all Mercenary Team Deathmatch. I def wouldn't call it realistic, more of a run and gun game. But I was thinking of checking out BO just cuz everyone on my list is playing it. I'd be interested in BC, because destructable environments is pretty fucking cool, but how old is it? Bc I don't wanna buy it and then a new one comes out in 2 months, or pick it up and have a steep learning curve where everyone else that still plays is already sick, knows the maps, and pretty much will dominate me.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read... Empty Re: FF's COD:BO REVIEW w/ comparisons - before you buy, please read...

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:56 pm

nah its easy and if you have any questions with it i can asnwer em, plus i know plenty of tips to get started. the thing is its totally a team oriented game, and usually...unless you get stuck in a 16 vs 16 battle with a team of useless snipers (i smoke grenade them they get so pissed lol) its actually really fun...and since you get rewarded for helping your team with points to unlock weapons everyone usually contributes. theres usually 4 guys to a squad, and if u got a good squad (2 assault 1 engineer 1 medic) you can really rack up the points by taking over bases. plus....YOU CAN DRIVE TANKS AND HELICOPTERS lol...just check this out right quick...

just embrace all that is awesome...note the tank kill at 320 lol...sweet

falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Sick video. I also went and watched IGN's video review on it. Definitely looks like a sick game. I like the fact that it relies more on team based combat than on individual skills too. Are there any kinds of customization options available in multiplayer? I liked playing as a sniper in MW2, and I liked that you were able to switch the kinds of scopes you used. I particularly liked the Thermal Scope against players who liked to use smoke. Can you cahnge weapon attachments like that in BC2?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 pm

not really a fan of either but i think COD is way better but battlefield isnt bad it does have bigger maps plus vehicles but its not as fun as COD Iin my opinion but everything isnt for everyone
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:not really a fan of either but i think COD is way better but battlefield isnt bad it does have bigger maps plus vehicles but its not as fun as COD Iin my opinion but everything isnt for everyone

there's a lot of people who would agree with you there for sure, and it is fun if your not really into realism and just wanna shoot some shit. but i like the realism factor bc2 offers...different strokes for different folks i guess.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 pm

different strokes for different folks i guess...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 pm

How much bigger are the maps in BC 2. One of the things I remember not liking about MW2 was that if I moved I pretty much died. If I ran around the corner I died. If I spawned and took 3 steps I died. It was like A. the spawn points were in the middle of the action and B. the maps were usually kinda small where you're always in the action. I don't want something with huge maps where you don't see an enemy for 30secs at a time, but something with maps a little bigger than COD's might be nice.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Damnit...I really wish you wouldn't have post that. We're already having a hard enough time getting guys to play their games. Now everyone will go out an buy it. LOL!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:05 pm

well i dont see how BF is more realistic just because it revolves around team play more if u play search and destroy on COD its really team based
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 pm

black ops possess only 1 problem for me....if ur not playing hardcore it takes half a clip to kill ppl. since that is the case ppl have found ways already to make u shoot them even more. the new diving feature allows for ppl to do an ultimate "drop shot". they dive shoot u then bounce back up shooting at the same time then somehow manage to drop back down but then again they might not have to because by then u will be out of ammo.

as fare as teamwork goes playing domination requires alot of team work. i only played the demo of the first bfbc and i really didnt like it. i dont care about driving vehicles. i like black ops because its a pure shooter in my eyes. the respawns need to be fixed but in domination as long as ur not running up in their spawn trying to capture every point then they will spawn up where they should. in team deathmatch, every is running around after the red dots and thats y ppl spawn up right behind u or in front of u and stuff it is very annoying. the small maps are to blame for that somewhat but if ppl would defend half the map and not run around like an idiot.

with the amount of rpg's and kill streaks that have bombs i can see y they dont blow up buildings. there will be nothing left on the map. the new online customization features on black ops is stupid in my opinion. i dont wanna do it but the more i learn about it supposedly it helps your accuracy and stuff but i ain down wit it yet. face paint and other stuff im not down with it.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:00 pm

sorry dw i just wasted 65 on black ops so i wanted to at least post my impressions of the game suggesting a rental before a buy. and cheddah its basically like 4 cod maps = 1 bc2 map in total circumference

cod map z bc2 map Z

thats why in rush maps its like in 4 stages, which in one stage is still bigger than a lot of the cod maps. its also 16 vs 16...and in conquest (capture the flag) there are 4 or 5 bases to capture and hold to earn points towards winning the game.

i think its more realistic in terms of atmosphere (specially audio and lighting), gun physics (you actually have to aim higher and lead your target), and combat tactics for getting your team into position to take over an area...cod just doesn't have that at all (for me). don't get me wrong, i had fun with mw2 before bc2 came out but after awhile running around the same maps in a turkey shoot just got repetitive. i also think the vehicles add another element which adds more realism, a lot more than killstreak rewards...which i've always been against. always just encourages camping and baiting, course it is funny to hear some 12 year old flip out when you steal his shit.

but i mean, bc2 isn't for everyone...especially if you already like cod you probably don't need to bother learning a whole new system...i'm just speaking for people who really weren't crazy with certain aspects of the first one shouldn't expect anything different, especially in terms of teamwork combat tactics and diversity. for me, it wasn't worth 65 and felt like it was only 1/4th the game bc2 gives you.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 pm

I feel what u saying...I didn't play a shooter really until modern warefare...I played rainbow 6 and that was very tactical for me but the graphics havebt caught up and they haven't put out a new game yet. For tactical strategic games I like smaller groups of 4 and u go at it...I agree since modern warfare it seems very arcadish for a shooter but its fast pace and ppl like that and they have stayed true to what the game is regardless of who makes it. But like madden if everyone would have morals and respect and play the game as realistic as possible instead of doing things like drop shots and in mw2 quick scooping and commando with tac knife and light weight then the game would be a lot better...with madden just don't have time to learn a new system of controls

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

bigbuddah wrote:I feel what u saying...I didn't play a shooter really until modern warefare...I played rainbow 6 and that was very tactical for me but the graphics havebt caught up and they haven't put out a new game yet. For tactical strategic games I like smaller groups of 4 and u go at it...I agree since modern warfare it seems very arcadish for a shooter but its fast pace and ppl like that and they have stayed true to what the game is regardless of who makes it. But like madden if everyone would have morals and respect and play the game as realistic as possible instead of doing things like drop shots and in mw2 quick scooping and commando with tac knife and light weight then the game would be a lot better...with madden just don't have time to learn a new system of controls

lol yeah i saw some guy doing that, he looked like a dolphin out of water or something...totally sums the game up for me. thats probably why bc2 doesn't have an option to go prone i guess, but yeah its the same controls just objective based rather than kill based. sure you can sit back a mile away from an objective and take useless pop shots at an enemy with unlimited tickets (defenders get unlimited, attackers get 75 or 100 for 16 people)...but eventually people get pissed off and start smoke grenading the snipers. whats even better is watching the sniper guy trying to be all 'lone wolf' flip and and before you know it...NERD FIGHT!!

you probably woulda liked counter-strike buddah, it was kinda like rainbow six in terms of strategy but was 5 v 5 and even today is still really popular. the graphics totally suck but the gameplay is phenomenal (in terms of gun physics)...kind of funny a game thats 10 years old still brings in $100,000 tournaments and guys can't stop playin it, yet madden...thats been around 20 years can't put out a game to keep peoples interest longer than a month...here we go 2 k here we go! two more years :/
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:23 pm

So I hadn't made up my mind as to which one I was going to get, and of course when I met up with my gf this weekend she has COD in hand as a suprise. After playing it today, I'd say it's not as good as the last one. For some reason it feels a lot more like a fragfest than anything. I don't like the new COD points system, because since you have to level to unlock things and then STILL by them, it seems like a bit much for me. I do like some of the map designs though, however, they're REALLY small. Well I've only played about 5 maps, but all of those were small. It might also be because I just don't know the layout of the maps yet too. I think it's fun for what it is...a game where you run round n shoot shit. Realistic it is not, but I'm not really a big FPS guy anyway so realism isn't something that I'll miss as much as most. What I do love is that the M16 is the default assault rifle which was my favorite gun from MW2.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum