* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

RULE CHANGE???

5 posters

Go down

RULE CHANGE??? Empty RULE CHANGE???

Post by saastar Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 pm

ok i was just thinking this but i just realized that the trade deadline is week 12.. y dont we change this and say there is no trade deadline.. bc i dont think most people pay attention to the deadline anyway bc like i said i forgot about the deadline in a trade i did recently.. plus there is only 5 weeks left after the trade deadline so then if both teams that was doing the trade are not in the playoffs they will go ahead and do the trade bc they are not in the playoffs.. so i say we shouldnt have a trade deadline since we are only having to wait 5 weeks to make the trade anyway... just my thoughts

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

RULE CHANGE??? Empty Re: RULE CHANGE???

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 pm

this is worth some consideration - good point saastar
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't think it needs to be changed. It would allow teams in the playoffs who lost key players to trade for more talent. Or teams in the hunt to make big moves for a player they might use for one game and then trade away. There's a reason there's a trade deadline in real life.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm

What if if you're in the playoffs then you can't trade? Seems a bit unfair, but it will help weaker teams out a bit more and make you stay around for the season, because you an try to swing deals and have new players to try out.

BansheeGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:40 pm

How is it unfair for playoff teams to be trading? You shouldn't be upgrading your team heading into the playoffs. If you wanna trade players after the deadline you can still do it after the season is over.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:55 pm

What I meant was "Seems unfair for the playoff teams". I think it would be fine if non-playoff teams could trade with eachother, it would add more interest and make some people stick around.

BansheeGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh yeah I wouldn't mind something like that, but then you get the question of "who are non-playoff teams" because by week 12 theres always teams that can still make it, or teams that are on the bubble. Because a team that's 6-7 at the end of week 12 could sometimes have a shot at the wilcard still.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BansheeGoose Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 am

True, that is a good point.

BansheeGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

if this is to be changed it either needs to be moved up or it needs to go away...i prefere it to be moved up but if it goes away i wouldnt care at all. if it were to get moved to earlier i think it should be half way probably week 9.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum