* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Vote Now for Defensive MVP

5 posters

Go down

Who Should Win Defensive MVP

Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap15%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap23%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap8%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap31%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap15%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_lcap8%Vote Now for Defensive MVP Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Vote Now for Defensive MVP Empty Vote Now for Defensive MVP

Post by ezweightloss Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:25 pm

With the season in the home stretch the exceptional defensive efforts of a certain number of players has been recognized. The race has no one who stands out amazingly above the others making the decision for Defensive MVP so difficult. With so many outstanding efforts the list of players is a little longer than than it's counterpart League MVP.

Ladarius Coxson is 7th in league in tackles with 66, and 15 of the those for losses which for a safety that is quite impressive. His 3 sacks and 4 interceptions are not among the leaders of the categories but add to the accolades that Coxson has built for himself. Some downfalls of Coxson are that his team has gone to allow many points and subsequent defeats and does not has any defensive touchdowns. I don't think Coxson will win the award but he is definitely deserving of the nomination.

Terrell Suggs is one of the biggest playmakers in the league at the linebacker position. He not only can play the pass and rush the quarterback but he can also play the run. He has 59 tackles, 19 which have been for loss, to go along with 5 sacks and 5 interceptions. He is a huge factor game in and game out and with tight race in the NFC West puts more impact on each of his performances. But with his team in jeopardy of missing the playoffs he votes may be scarce.

Donald Butler is leading the number 1 rush defense, number 3 overall defense, and the defense which is 4th in points allowed, in tackles with 56, 15 which have been for a loss. Butler is not known for his pass rushing abilities and only has 1 sack which could be his downfall. Butler is one of the best pass coverage linebackers in the league and has 6 int's (2nd among linebackers) to go along with 10 pass deflections and one fumble recovery for a touchdown.

Charles Tillman started the season ablaze and had most of his 12 interception early in the season when the Falcons were on a hot streak themselves. Since the Falcons have knocked themselves out of playoff contention and Charles himself has not been playing his best ball. A big downfall in Tillman's resume is none of his interceptions have gone for touchdowns and his lack of pass deflections with only 8.

Ernie Sims who has lead his team to a near perfect record, with 56 tackles, 14 for loss, and with his 6 sacks and 3 interceptions he has been able to score 2 defensive touchdowns. Though his stats aren't eye popping his team's record might give him that extra push he needs.

Joe Haden has been playing on an island most of the year and has lived up to his expectations after missing 12 weeks with a broken collarbone last year, it is easy to see the impact he has made on the Bucs outstanding defense. He is tied for second in the league with 9 interceptions, tied for first for interceptions returned for touchdowns with 3, and first in the league with 19 pass deflections. One could say his teams improved record could be due to no having a shutdown corner like Haden on the outside.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Vote Now for Defensive MVP Empty Re: Vote Now for Defensive MVP

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Wait, I don't know the numbers for sure, but my FS Sergio Brown doesn't have numbers better than any of these guys? I think he's averaging just under a pick a game, and has like 3 or 4 TDs this season. I do know that his INT return yards are by far the best in the league though.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Brown should be up here..that guy is a frigging beast...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Hahah yeah had that 96yd pick 6 that almost got me into the playoffs today... Crying or Very sad
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 am

ur still in the playoff hunt..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:02 am

well i know he doesn't have 1 pick a game cuz he wasnt in the top 3 or 4 for interceptions. and he would have 15 if that was true. i know he has 3 td's which is tied with haden. sorry i overlooked him bro.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 am

yeah I said just under. I thought he might have like 12. But I could be wrong with that. no worries tho
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 am

he is definitely under 9. i know that. i tried my best to get everyone

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 pm

Coxon Does have a pick 6, not sure if it shows up in the stats. He also has 4 forced fumbles and i think 3 recoveries

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:29 am

i looked. he does not have any defensive td's.. and it only shows 1 forced fumble and none recovered.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:26 am

ezweightloss wrote:i looked. he does not have any defensive td's.. and it only shows 1 forced fumble and none recovered.

weird... maybe thats the SS in my other league but I could have swore that he had 4 FF. I remember thinking that his 97 hit power was actually working. Ill check when i get on my system.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:45 pm

tomer629 wrote:
ezweightloss wrote:i looked. he does not have any defensive td's.. and it only shows 1 forced fumble and none recovered.

weird... maybe thats the SS in my other league but I could have swore that he had 4 FF. I remember thinking that his 97 hit power was actually working. Ill check when i get on my system.

DOH!!!

I figured it out... i dont even have coxon in this league lmao, thats why his stats arent what I thought they were. I have coxon in my other league lol.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am

tomer629 wrote:
tomer629 wrote:

DOH!!!

I figured it out... i dont even have coxon in this league lmao, thats why his stats arent what I thought they were. I have coxon in my other league lol.

LMAO! It's all good bro. Laughing
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum