* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED

3 posters

Go down

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED Empty CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:43 am

I can't take full credit for this...so I will give credit where credit is due. You can thank Cheddah_Cheez for finally figuring this out. Bros...if you are having problems connecting to your opponent (getting that "failed to retrieve game information" message)...Unplug your Ethernet cord from your router...and route your PS3 directly to your modem (by-passing your router). Cheddah_Cheez and I couldn't connect friday to play our playoff game in my Deathwish Franchise, so he suggested unplugging my ethernet cable from my routher and connecting straight to my modem. Switched it up...and BOOM! No more connection problems. The same thing happened to me yesterday in Ezweightloss's new league against G-villa809...so I brought my ps3 downstairs...plugged it directly in the modem...and BOOM...LOL! No more connection problems. I have a Linksys WRT54G router (one of the most common routers out there)...and for some reason...it is blocking the data that the EA Servers need to connect for franchise games. Now I never have any problems with "play it now games" but...with franchise games...if you are having the problem connecting to your opponent like I was...plug your ethernet cable directly in your modem from your PS3 and this should fix all future problems. Now the only thing that sucks...is I just have a little 25" standard definition TV in my computer room downstairs...compared to my LCD tv upstairs...but that is the only downfall...which is nothing compared to losing another sim game because you can't connect to your opponent.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED Empty Re: CONNECTION ISSUE SOLVED

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

By the way...just wanted to let everyone know...this works everytime and surf and I haven't missed a game since figuring this out.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:31 pm

actually i haven't had any d/c problems since the last server update/maintenance thing a month ago. just lag now...which is really pathetic on ea's part. i had better connections with a 56k modem 15 years ago.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:39 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:actually i haven't had any d/c problems since the last server update/maintenance thing a month ago. just lag now...which is really pathetic on ea's part. i had better connections with a 56k modem 15 years ago.

I've been having disconnects like a mother****** recently, both for me and my opponents. haven't gotten the "failed to retrieve game info" in a while though

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm

damn thats weird i haven't had one of those in awhile, some games (if i'm routed to played someone in like texas, colorado or california) are just lag fests still. i haven't had the failed message either. its still insane theres so much lag at our current stage in technology, but thats ea sports for ya.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum