* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CheeSers

5 posters

Go down

CheeSers Empty CheeSers

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 am

So, I've already noticed in my league (CantBbeat's League) that there are already people complaining about Cheesers. I didn't experience it in my game at all (PapDuGi369)...it was actually a really good game, but it says in the rules that we are to save the footage? Is there someone in an authority position that can explain exactly what is meant by this? This way, everyone that may or may not have a complaint can know exactly what needs to be done. Thanks.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

CheeSers Empty Re: CheeSers

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 am

now i dont think im in any position of authority lol but im pretty sure i can answer ur question... what they mean by this, is when the game is done, go to the post game highlights... u can view any play from the game you just played... save the replay(s) in question... which will appear on your profile page at easports.com - once youve saved the replay to the ea's website, post the links here, in the appropriate section, so that cheaters and/or cheesers are exposed and penalized... cheaters are far and few between in these leagues, but it does happen, and most of the time, the guy calims he didnt know he was doing anything wrong lol so maybe try messaging him during the game first before going through all this trouble... hope that helped
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

yah Den-24 covered it as far as I read save a replay or 3 lol show your league commish or some1 on the council and eventually there's a ruling as cheesing can be confused with lack of plays in a play book

- den good game last night but we both ran a few plays close to what some could call cheesing if they were whinning ( my screens n urs really lol) but I know neither of us did my play book lacked many plays it sucked lol ( dont pick balanced..lesson learned haha)

be careful with the cheesing thing if they call a play constantly then yes call them out on it , if not just mention it to the commish on the d/l with a video or 2 so you have proof , if he gets a few complaints after that then he's probably gone..

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:33 pm

yeah it was a good game... kinda took off with it in the 4th quarter after that pick but usually games are decided on turnovers so lol hell of a good game tho... but in my opinion i dont think either one of us cheesed... i mean if u see a weakness in your opponent, then exploit it... the limit is %20, so thats 1 in 5... i just make sure once i run a play... that i run at least 4 or 5 different plays before i even think about running it again... like ill never run a money play every 5 plays exactly but if i keep gaining big yardage with a specific play, ill use it, or variations of it throughout the game, but ill never exceed %20... or even %15, thats for sure...
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm

right I'm not saying you cheesed trust me but I am saying some1 new to the leagues can certainly of mistaken it for that as the plays you really did damage on were similar

but I agree with you we both just did what we could to move the ball no play seemed called over n over ever and we had a kr lol

.. I jus needed an example to explain glad you know there was no shot taken at you ( or myself.. lol) but I must say I cannot wait to beat u lol

but yah see just make sure it is actual cheesing , it's easy to mistakenly claim some1 is , also becareful with gameflow no1 should trust that bs every play ever ..that thing doesnt even change formations lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:57 pm

yeah i havnt even touched gameflow since the game was released and dont think i will lol but yeah alot of guys throw accusations out when they get beat bad or when they lose a close one.... i hate guys that cant take a loss lol man even if someone comes close to breaking the %20 playcall rule, i wont even mention it unless its very obvious... but mosta the time when i get my @$$ handed to me, i tell the guy what a great game he played... and even when i win one, i gotta give credit where credit is due, and yes nice kick return btw
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

yup exaclty and the kr was nothin , just normal i got skill lol nah thnx I almost had 1 with moore 2

but see what you just said is a perfect example of what newbies should see...when you loose everything looks the same really lol b/c a good play looks like every other good play lol and you'll think they're cheating when they aren't so just watch for play 1 screen play 2 screen play 3 screen... message them at that point.. b/c that is bs

runs you cant knock as cheesing.. all runs seem the same except where they start really and who runs it ..

passes maybe he sees a slant open on you with his te 1 play next he sees a slant with his wr.. thats just your d not stepping up and stopping slants

just becareful when you claim cheesing b/c it hurts the rep of the player even if no1 believes you ..they'll also consider the fact you were right and both of you will look stupid without proof...

like if den or me ( sorry den just only played 1 game so far lol) accused eachother right now of cheesing..no1 would believe us but they'd think hey maybe 1 did , or both ,hmm I better keep an eye on it and our words would lack any power as no1 would trust us so it's a 2 sided sword that cuts both ways

..no video..just pm the commish .. otherwise it can seem whinny .. let the commish mention it

..and incase I messed up and hinted anything..den is not a cheeser and neither am i ..hada make sure lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:21 pm

also, some plays/routes look the same, but arent... like if i hook up with my TE for 20 yrds on a slant, then hit my other tight end for 15 on an out route, guys will say im running the same play but they were not simular at all, its only because guys arent picking the right coverage... so until they stop it a few times, i have to take the free yardage when i can, its what real offensive co-ordinators would do
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:28 pm

or I noticed this against you den I'd throw to a guy ..say x but o would catch it b/c his blitzer hurried the pass and it messes up the qb ...

so that could end up looking like some1 is hitting the same player over n over ..when really he just had a wr run back and make a great play lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:16 pm

Brandon Marshall had what, 22 catches in a game last year? So I have no problem with someone going to the same guy over and over again if he is consantly getting open. Thats just common sense, THROW TO THE OPEN GUY. If it happens to be the same guy 10 times in a row thats the defenses fault not my fault. Now running the same money play over and over thats a different thing altogether and we have a rule for that.

Question, can we still spotlight recievers? I try R2 like last year but it doesn't highlight the guy like it used too.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 pm

tomer629 wrote:Brandon Marshall had what, 22 catches in a game last year? So I have no problem with someone going to the same guy over and over again if he is consantly getting open. Thats just common sense, THROW TO THE OPEN GUY. If it happens to be the same guy 10 times in a row thats the defenses fault not my fault. Now running the same money play over and over thats a different thing altogether and we have a rule for that.

Question, can we still spotlight recievers? I try R2 like last year but it doesn't highlight the guy like it used too.

i think so, i just think that circle that used to appear around the guy doesnt show up... try it against the cpu and it works the same as last year... idk, might only be with certain plays too... like if u noticed sometimes when you do it the play art changes and youll have one guy go man to man with the receiver you highlighted, even if ur in zone coverage lol i think they changed it up a bit... like its not double coverage anymore, its like u put one guy on the higlighted receiver and the rest of ur D sticks to their assigment... not totally sure tho... one thing im not sure about is how to shade the receiver so u can get more INT's... i think i saw it in the book, but if im not mistaken it doesnt appear on the d-pad control diagram when u bring up the audible menu... anyways i know that didnt have anything to do with cheesing lol but i hope it answered ur question and i hope someone can answer mine lol but as far as cheesing.. one thing that reallllly pi$$es me off lol and u never see this in our franchises, but anyone who plays ranked games or MUT, knows that some guys will take a goal line play or some other money play that will gain them like 8-9 yeards every time, and will just use hurry-up with the same play all the way up the field lol i HATE those clowns... as a matter of fact i HATE the hurry-up unless its used in realistic situations
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Wait so how is spotlighting done? I actually didn't play madden 10, so if someone could explain it to me that'd be nice. I actually like when people run the hurry-up though, as long as they're not using money plays, because you can tell what plays coming after the 3rd time they do it (each audible has a specific formation) and the quick plays you can audible to from each formation aren't money plays. Sure they might get a TD on me the first drive they do it on, but after that you can pretty much tell what they audible to for the rest of the game.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:16 pm

thing is, mosta the time when someone just hurries up the field in the 1st qtr, they are a cheeser and will run money plays... but its not often someone does it and i cant stop it, like i said, fool me once shame on you lol do it again and ur money is mine lol and as far as highlighting a receiver, u just hold R2 (pre-snap) i think... then just press the button or icon of the reciever u wanna highlight... thing is no circle appears around the guy this year, but i think it does vs the cpu
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:59 am

no circle under the guy and no response from the game would lead me to believe that it doesn't do anything

seriously sick of the laziness of the madden programmers

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 am

yeah i tried again last night, and what im starting to think is that u can only double cover someone when ur in man-to-man, and it wont work when ur in zone... idk, but i swear i was playing the cpu when the game first came out and i highlighted the HB a couple times, just like in M10... id really like to figure this out tho lol
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

CheeSers Empty Cheesers...

Post by CantBbeat83 Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Ive only had about 2 Complaints about rule Violations and 1 wasnt even a violation.. But the other was and I was shown the Footage and the Player that broke the rules now must forfiet a 3rd round Pick.. But so far the Leagues been running smooth and great the only problem ive really had was a couple guys not playing there games and not responding to Messages but they were Booted after the 2nd warning and replaced right away.. So were good

CantBbeat83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum