* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Protector07

+5
G-Villa809
ezweightloss
mblammers
surfnturf90
Cheddah_Cheez
9 posters

Go down

Protector07 Empty Protector07

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:11 pm

I remember him complaining about someone a while back and that person responded saying he was breaking rules too. I'm actually playing him now. Opening kick he takes a blocker from the left side of the field and moves them all the way across to the right, and then tries a very uncsuccessful IOR with Hester. Fast forward to his second possession when he can't move the ball. He begins rocket catching with CJ jr. Do I complain? No because I'm over complaining about new people or telling them to read the rules, i just try and win anyway. So on my next possession on first down he gets a sack before I complete a 3 step drop. Good D. 2nd Down he comes in untouched with Peppers on a draw and stops me for a loss of 5. Weird because it was a 4 man rush and non of my lineman even attempted to block him. Very next play I'm looking DIRECTLY at peppers as I snap the ball and what do you know? Peppers stands straight up, bc he's in a spy and Protector is controlling him untouched coming at me so I obv take off left with Vince. I had called slants in anticipation of a quick throw so Desean was slanting alongside my rollout. I hit him wide open and he gets knocked OB at the 3. Then this fool has the nerve to pause the game and tell me I can't leave the pocket unless I intend to run. So i say he must have OUR rules confused with somewhere else and then list the things he did but shouldn't be doing (spy glitch blitzing, trying IORs and moving blockers, rocket catching). All he responds with is I've been playing d-line for years so I know how to rush, as if that explains why my blockers weren't even trying to block him. Mysteriously, after these exchanges the rest of the game didn't see any rule breakage from him...

Of course I tried my best to blow him out and run up the score. Yes it was incredibly unsportsmanlike but he pissed me off.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Protector07 Empty Re: Protector07

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 pm

haha sounds like a d bag and he deserved it.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, I mean I didn't really care either way. I gave up on telling people the rules, or trying to prove them as cheesers with replays that don't work, so I pretty much go with the flow and try and stop whatever is thrown at me. Sometimes I lose anyway, sometimes I win. Sometimes I have to do unsim things like rolling out before I make all my reads because I have no choice. This game was that case. What's more annoying is that he stopped doing it in the second half, but still brought pressure, so there were probably a few times in the second half where i rolled out anticipating pressure that didn't come. The way I look at it that's pretty realistic. I remember back in my playing days when I got hit a few times I was much more likely to roll out unneccessarily than normal. Same applies in this game if you ask me. People bring these crazy ass blitzes that have 2 or 3 guys coming in untouched before you can take a 3 step drop, and then on some plays don't. Yet they expect you to sit in the pocket all the time while they use AI exploits? F that. If I'm making it my responsibility to stop your BS than it's not so unreasonable for you to stop your crazy blitzes and use a QB contain...or maybe even let the AI control the Spied DE instead of blitzing with him and you won't have to worry.

Sorry for the rant lol. Anyway I beat him 63-29 or something like that. I could have kept passing and ran it up more but I mixed in a solid number of runs too.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Cheddah,

First of all, let me say I believe you 100%. I think that all of the franchises should do a better job of removing people early and often. It seems like that in the name of growing, we sometimes let questionable people/behaviour slide. In the end, that will be counter-productive.
However, I hope you accept some constructive criticism:
As annoying as it is to do at the time, and as much as you might feel like a whiner doing it, I think you owe it to the guy you're playing and to the league to point out rules transgressions the minute they happen.
1. If one of his violations turned out to cost you the game later, you would FREAK OUT, and then you would be faced with the dilemna of having a real complaint to make, but no moral authority to make it. ( I know this from experience. In one of my first lg games with none other than GREENERRR, I complained about a questionable call of his only after I got burned by it. He correctly pointed out that a complaint after the fact is almost worthless, because it lacks gravity.) If something is not sim or against the rules, it is like that regardless of the score or the situation. When it happens, call it out. That way there is less likelihood of someone you respect having to deal with it in a later game.
2. You can not, no matter what the situation, run up the score or be a poor sport out of spite. That is one of the things that separates this leage from the lobby bums. We have rules, and we follow them. You can't break a rule because you're pissed off that someone broke a rule.

I consider you a leader in this whole thing. You make the leagues better because of your borderline obsessive interest in them. Please don't stoop to the d-bags levels.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:08 pm

I appreciate the words blammers. It's not that I feel like a whiner calling people out about rules, it's that whenever I have, all that resulted from it was either an argument or no response. However, I do appreciate your point in it being more of a service to the group so I will make an effort to let people know they're in violation of the rules. The only rule I'll ever break is the rollout rule, and to be quite honest, it's never intentional. When players do all those blitzes where 2+ guys come free, I roll out immediately to avoid it, which is permissible by the rules. However, there are times in those games where I'll think one of those blitzes is coming so I'll roll anyway, which is technically illegal. That's what happened in my game with protector...and I moved blockers on the kick return bc he did (which is wrong and I won't do that again). I would never break IOR rules or any of the others though. But I feel the roll out rule that I break is a product of the ridiculous blitzes I see. Most of the time you're sacked by the time you take a 3 step drop so it's not like I have time to actually see whether or not they're blitzing after the snap. If it's the same formations and I see linebackers creeping, or players in the blitz animation stance, I'm running from the snap. But you're right, and I appreciate you calling me on it. You won't see me running up scores anymore, no matter how much they deserve to be embarassed, and I will def make an effort to notify people of infractions.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:27 am

ive played this guy before and he accused me of cheezing as well. after i threw one pass on a rollout. then sent me a message saying "oh so that's how you wanna play?" then he ran like 6 unsuccessful ior's and all this other bs. i still won by like 21

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Villa809 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Can someone explain to me how someone that pulls all this crap is still in leagues .He called me a cheezer i did not even respond my response was beating his ass.He tried all that bull he tried with cheedah.

G-Villa809
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:21 pm

This is kinda funny because I know I told Villa during the Vista rookie draft that this guy was a Douche and all be if I wasn't right
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Interesting that I found this....

Vista is letting him back into the Vista3131 league....to re-take over the team I was running (Rams)

I guess he originally drafted this team...ducked out on the franchise...and comes back a month later with the backing of Greener?

But, reading all this makes me wonder....ALOT....
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:59 pm

The rollout rule is probably the 1 rule I probably break, but it's unintentional. I have years of playing with the Jets, who used to have an atrocious line and let pressure up the middle, so I started rolling out a lot. Now when I feel pressure I instinctively take a few steps one way or another, if I'm playing someone who has a decent pass rush. It's ingrained, I try to fight it, lol.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:22 pm

If there's pressure you're obviously allowed to scramble.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:43 pm

Flacco is hurt on one of my teams and I have Pat White as the backup. So I have a couple plays that flood one side of the field and I roll out as a design - even though the play doesn't explicitly dictate it in Madden. I might do it 5 times a game - but with his legs and weak arm - I feel it's a legit play. Or am I off base?
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:49 pm

sam22smith wrote:Flacco is hurt on one of my teams and I have Pat White as the backup. So I have a couple plays that flood one side of the field and I roll out as a design - even though the play down't explicitly dictate it. I might do it 5 times a game - but with his legs and week arm - I feel it's a legit play. Or am I off base?

From my understanding, unless the play design shows a rollout, you may not do an immediate rollout. I run into a few problems there I think, but I'm trying. It's instinct to me.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Well if a blitz is coming from one side you can roll out. It's really not that complicated: No blitz, no rollout (unless designed) until you've made a couple reads from inside the pocket. If there's a blitz, do whatever you want.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:30 am

I just had the distinct displeasure of playing Mr. Protector in Greenerr1. He took his first play from scrimmage down to my five on a run - then punches it inon the next play. I know the runs he did so I make sure that doesn't happen again. He starts passing - I send six and sack him twice in a row. He pauses it and tells me nanos are illegal. Thanks - but blitzing 6 without manually touching any of them is certainly not illegal. He runs verticals on me twice on third and long on this drive. Shane on me for not covering it. On third and medium he was running a double cross medium range. So after two possessions I knew his whole offense which consisted of a handful of money plays. So early in the 3rd q I am winning 31-7 after 2 pick sixes etc. and it's 3rd and long. He comes out in bunch - no surprise here - I run a cover 1 dime and take my mlb to cover the slot target. He takes a sack with his wr 25 yards downfield and quits. Says he doesnt play against nanoing trash like me. Nano? Awesome nano that let's your wr get 25 yards downfield. What a joke.

Also - on my punt - he takes a lineman back to block. I tell him it's illegal. He just responds with - I didn't do that. Haha what? You just did plain as day. It was quite a show.....
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum