* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

makings changes

4 posters

Go down

makings changes Empty makings changes

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:59 pm

so we've all pretty much played each other so we all know pretty much how each other plays so when is it a good time to switch some things up like defenses and offenses? i find myself needing to do that but i do that often anyways but now its my defense. jus wondering when do yall think to switch stuff up

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

makings changes Empty Re: makings changes

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Interesting question buddah. Personally I think it's more about execution than the playbook itself. But then again, maybe that's one of the reason I'm not as good as the best players on here lol.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:30 pm

haha yeah i was gonna say the same thing, but ditto about not being very good. I have had the same playbooks on offense and defense the whole time, and I just feel like its a matter of finding the plays that work in certain situations, and then mixing them up during the game to keep the opponent off balance.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 pm

im sure that exectution is a huge part but at the same time if u use the same playbook then ppl kno your playing style what wat u look for. certain playbooks have different points of interest in their plays then your personnel is even more of a factor. im pretty stuck on my offensive playbook. i just feel that i need to bring something different to the table as far as defense goes.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Yeah, I feel like I make minute adjustments as the season goes on, but nothing major. I may throw more than usual against certain opponents than I normally do if I think they're coming in expecting run. Things like that.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Yea those are adjustments...I'm talkin about changes

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm

I guess I don't get what you're saying. I honestly don't think there's much you can change regardless of what playbook you use. The best players play against most playbooks during the year, and correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am), but guessing recognizing routes and run direction/location is what puts them ahead of others on the defensive side of the ball. Regardless of the playbook a post is gonna look like a post, an ins gonna look like an in, etc. I think maybe it's a matter of adjusting the routes you call for certain players and when you call them. Same with running the ball. Defensively it's probably a matter of changing the situations you blitz out of and when.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:00 pm

no your right. the thing is im having problems all together. run pass and special teams all phases of the game. for me changing playbooks makes me dig deep into the game to find unique formations and plays and in essences changing shit up so ppl i play normally dont think im doing the same stuff. playcalling is definately my issue when it comes to offense and sometimes defense. my digital men just arent making plays and it seems easy for ppl to move the ball on me than it is for me to move the ball on them and i think im a genius when it comes to offense haha. i was just asking the question to see if ppl jus overhaul their whole approach anytime during the season or season by season. that was the premise of the question.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

gotcha. well whatever it is that you do good luck.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 pm

thanks...i dont mean to hit the panic button over 2 losses but...i feel i need to

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

we all go through slumps sometimes, its def not your playbook just the plays your calling. as far as defense goes there are some guys you just can't stop, only contain...which is largely due to the flat out terrible ai of the cpu controlled players. if you don't switch and react its a big play, but i find my defense at its best when i'm taking chances rather than sitting back playin a soft 2 man under or something. mix it up A LOT, cause whats the worse thats gonna happen? they score...good players will do that anyways so really i think the best bet is to keep throwing in different looks and guess they're primary.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Yea man I do get aggressive...but it doesn't get there...tryn not to get into panic mode...ima hus keep playin that's all I can do

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum