* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for

+2
jmojsoski
Cheddah_Cheez
6 posters

Go down

Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for Empty Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Both games feature teams from the NFC South:

In game 1 we have the Broncos facing the Falcons, the long awaited rematch of season one's superbowl. But with the Falcons already toting 2 losses on their record, and the Broncos looking just as strong as they were last season if not stronger, many have wondered if this matchup is going to have the same magic as it did to years ago. The falcons have been struggling to keep their veterans happy, but they've all been bundled up in long term contracts and neither side looks like they're willing to budge. However, Coach FF is a defensive mastermind the likes of which the league hasn't seen in years and needs a win to close the distance between the top seeded Bucs. The Broncos have made moves to sure up their secondary as if it wasn't already sure in the first place, but they may have over estimated the importance of run stoppers. Does it matter? When you can score like the Broncos can it might not. Who wins this matchup? The Defensive mastermind or the Offensive Juggernaut? I think it will come down to opposites. How well can FF orchestrate his offense and how well Jmo's defense can stand up. Should be a dogfight, and no Mike Vick doesn't have tickets. My prediction? Jmo goes undefeated and FF falls to an unprecedented 3-3. Score: 38-28.

The second game features an AFC South battle for first place. Considered quit possibly one of the best divisions in football. The Bucs and Panthers come into the matchup like Luda...looking for that number 1 spot. The loser? Falls into second place and a possible tie with the Falcons should they beat the Broncos. After a disappointing season last year, G-villa and his Black cats have been on a tear. With a divisional record of 2-1, and winning the first meeting between the two teams, it seems like the Panthers are the favorite hear. The Bucs won the division last year, on the back of Brandon Boutte, who they shipped out. Still, they've amassed enough talent in return to put together a team that some considered an early favorite for one of the top records in the NFC. Yet they find themselves with an opportunity to lose twice to a divisional opponent in the Panthers. This win could give the Bucs sole control of the division, otherwise they'd have to sit 2nd. This game could also have late season implications if it came down to a wildcard spot, the panthers currently hold a tie breaker in their possession and a win on sunday keeps it there. This is yet another marquee matchup that could shake up the NFC South as well as the wilcard picture for the NFC and it's only week 7! My prediction? The Bucs force the split and take the game in another close one. Score 24-21.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for Empty Re: Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for

Post by jmojsoski Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:31 pm

great read bro...but times have times and you have to learn adapt. Last year in the madden Franchise i was consider the Defensive master mind, this year the offensive Juggernaut...but that game can go either way, turnovers will be the difference.

As for the NFC game, which you called the "AFC South".lol...i think the Panthers could come out on top because the QB play of the Buc's is more suspect than R.Kelly with Girl scout cookies...I just don't see Arron Rodgers Carrying that team, but who knows, i could be very wrong and might eat crow...but, i money is on the panthers...I think the Buc's are pretending this year. But the NFC South is wide open..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for Empty Re: Week 7 preview: Two games to look out for

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Haha yeah I meant NFC South but who knows where my mind wanders while I type these things haha. Anyway...HUGE statement about the Bucs pretending. I'm thinking that's gonna put a chip on ol' EZ's shoulder there. Have you guys played yet this season?
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Haven't played in DW league, played him in green..won 52-49...it was a shootout...but, playing him that game, revealed to me, that he won't go to superbowls...he will be in the playoff's yearly, because he has the skills to do so, but, i don't think he has the skills to go to the next level, especially, since he traded boute...Boute was only difference from his team in season 1 that went under 500 i believe. in Season 2 when he took the weight off of rodgers he when 13 games.. But, his QB play worries me..I mean, my QB play isn't great, i throw lots of picks, if this were the real NFL, i would be the Brett Fave of the industry. However, when the game is on the line or we need a big play i know what to do.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:58 pm

great post cheddah, but i'm not gonna lie...my team is total garbage. they're probably a 65 overall, can't catch, can't get off press, can't run, can't secure the ball, can't play d, can't progress. first drafts are always an experiment, wish i could transfer my gr2 or surf team over. talk about a beast team...rogers, austin, jennings, smith, royal and nothin but young speed everywhere else...mmm...speed lol. this team just compares to watching old people fuck on a football field. but more losses = a better draft spot so it'll work out either way, in the meantime i'll do my best to give my opponent a good game while trying not to embarrass myself.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Hahah yeah I know what you mean about first drafts. Mine was the same way in this league. I'd love my ez team in this league. But that's neither here nor there...your roster IS pretty funny though lol.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Hahah yeah I know what you mean about first drafts. Mine was the same way in this league. I'd love my ez team in this league. But that's neither here nor there...your roster IS pretty funny though lol.

you know what my teams most demanded prescription is? Geritol.
when people refer to them as being on the juice they mean prune juice.
my teams so old they used to play backyard football with the flintstones.
my teams so old when they were rookies rainbows were black and white.
my teams so bad Bob the Builder looked at them and said "I CAN'T FIX THAT!"
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 pm

man jmo you really hate on me. haha. and yeah i have been sucking it up lately with rodgers throwing more picks than peyton manning in real life. but my baker/benson combo is equivalent to boutte.. i'll be in the superbowl eventually.. and this year looks good. = ]

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

No offense.. What is there to hate on bro.. I call it like it is bro.. The NFC is a nightmare..maybe another league you can reach the superbowl.. But you have to be able to play perfect to win, just ask Flacon. Flacon played amazing and made it to the superbowl, he beat child please the best player and still fail short. Why only because he couldn't play prefect for one last game..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Great post cheddah! Good reads from everyone actually.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 pm

you said make it to the superbowl, not win the superbowl.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I guess if you're settling just for a superbowl appearance
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 pm

it not settling for that. but i am guaranteeing that i will make it to atleast one superbowl and plan on winning one but in a tough league like this idk if i will, but only time will tell.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 am

jmojsoski wrote:No offense.. What is there to hate on bro.. I call it like it is bro.. The NFC is a nightmare..maybe another league you can reach the superbowl.. But you have to be able to play perfect to win, just ask Flacon. Flacon played amazing and made it to the superbowl, he beat child please the best player and still fail short. Why only because he couldn't play prefect for one last game..

i played a sloppy game that super bowl, and it really made a difference. if i could have stopped you on that 3rd down pass i would've at least had a chance to tie but guessed run and u went pass...for a td lol. but thats what happens vs good opponents, one fuck up and its all she wrote if they are playing to their full potential and your not.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:04 am

"if they are playing to their full potential and your not."
Its all about knowing how to peak..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 pm

came out with the W

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:22 pm

i wish more ppl would stream their games man this would be 1000x better

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:17 am

i would but i'd have to play in SD, fuck that. too damn hard to see on my tv :/
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 am

bigbuddah wrote:i wish more ppl would stream their games man this would be 1000x better

I'd stream if I had the capabilities to do so...but being that I play 80% of my games on the road (in hotel rooms because I travel so much with my job)...I don't have the option to do that...and most of these hotels are hit or miss with their internet connection...sometimes I can't even play a game because the lag is so bad.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum