* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise

+5
iivan18
nickkwiesh1
DEN_24
dtigertron
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise

Post by Admin Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 am

I was disappointed to see that Madden 11 was not going to include FREE AGENCY and SALARY CAPS - b4 Madden10 was released, these were aspects of the game that the developers recognized were important (but they didnt have time to implement) - they mentioned that it MAY be possible to include them (via server side patch) in the future - THIS FUTURE NEVER CAME! i believed if they didnt get to in the Madden 10 production - IT WOULD CERTAINLY BE PART OF MADDEN 11 - BOY WAS I WRONG!

I am not giving up on the possibility of this addition to Madden 11 having Free Agency and Salary Caps - and I AM SUPPORTING A MOVEMENT TO GET EA DEVELOPERS ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER...

click the link below and it will take you to an EA forum where you can post a reply - HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD REGARDING THIS TOPIC!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/1150067.page#6381328

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty Good luck, your going to need it !

Post by dtigertron Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:29 pm

They have already announced everything having to do with franchise and superstar will be in 12. I share your pain, and frustration. I am not going to let my blood pressure spike by arguing over this, this year. Next years better be near perfect with regards to franchise and superstar though. I hope you succeed, I just can't get my hopes up any more. I can tell you this, the game play and physics improvements are awesome! And I hope they are as good as they look. I think if they are half as good as we expect, we won't need half of the rules we made last year! See you at the draft.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty Re: Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise

Post by DEN_24 Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:36 pm

ok thats something i was just wondering about lol and i guess you answered my question... partially lol now i thought there was free agency lol unless i dont remember correctly lol but i guess what u meant is if there was a salary cap, then youd have to put ur guys under contract... and contracts would expire, thus making key players into free agents, like in real life, which would be AMAZING... but i mean it would be kinda hard to do a draft all while making sure ur on budget... im sure a simple little number at the bottom of your drafted players list would help, but it would still suck to get to the middle of the draft and have no money for a good safety or corner lol but i guess thats the name of the game... another thing im dying to see in online franchises is to be able to keep track of finances and be able to adjust ticket and concession prices just like in the offline mode last year... but what i think would be the best improvement, and greener you may remember when i brought this up last year lol but the ability to relocate ur team lol i think you even mentionned something about moving the browns to saskatoon lolllll but it would be pretty awesome to be able to design ur teams jersey/logo too... not to mention, youd be able to represent ur own hometown, even if it doesnt currently have an NFL franchise playing there... but that leads me to another question i had, and i hope someone here is able to answer this for me... now i noticed last year there were add-ons available at the PS store which enabled you to get a better training staff or better scouts... it cost real money obviously lol so i didnt buy any of those add-ons, thinking it was just for playing offline (which i very rarely do) but i was wondering, can you use them online as well ? i guess what im trying to get at here is, if 5 or 6 guys in any given franchise actually go out and purchase these upgrades, it would give them an unfair advantage against the rest of the league, unless everyone knew about it and if u chose not to spend the cash well, thats your choice, but if u can use them online, it would probably be best to make guys are aware that they are able to even do so...
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty ea price gouging

Post by dtigertron Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 pm

no those add ons were for offline only last year. You are right, if they make them for online, there would be an unfair advantage for those with money. Don't give EA any more ideas, they have enough of my money.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty Re: Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise

Post by DEN_24 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:46 pm

dtigertron wrote:no those add ons were for offline only last year. You are right, if they make them for online, there would be an unfair advantage for those with money. Don't give EA any more ideas, they have enough of my money.

nice, thanks for the reply man... and i agree lol just the price of the game alone is enough lol but did they even add anything at all to the online franchise mode ? lol or is it the exact same as last year ? we wont even know by playing the demo, since its only one offline exhibition game...
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Online petition to add SALARY CAP & FREE AGENCY to Online Franchise Empty I have been active in ea forums

Post by dtigertron Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I have been posting and reading in EA forums for last couple of months. From what I have seen and heard, they are not touching franchise or Super Star mode at all, off line or online. However, I believe there servers and online play in general will be better! Why? Cause a major selling point they have this year is 3 vs 3 online. This may not mean much to us, but I believe that if we look at the fact that they are expanding multiplayer functionality, that it will effect all multiplayer. I may be unrealistically enthusiastic, but we will not know til we have played a few games in actual online franchise mode. We have to play actual online franchise cause it is different servers then the regular online games and it shows. When I played Madden 10 online (not in a franchise) I didn't have the lag problems I did in online franchise modes. The Game Play will be there though. So the fact that the game play and lighting looks incredible should be worth it. If you haven't kept up on M11, the visuals will knock you out !
EA did say that Madden 12 will have a complete overhaul with Franchise (on and off line) and Super Star modes. They have dedicated forums set up on there site and are responding to posts, not ignoring them. I recommend we all get and stay active on the EA forums and make M12 the best online experience ever!
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 pm

you are absoluyely RIGHT dtigertron - wecan bely ache as much as we want in our OWN LIL PRIVATE FORUM - but if we want to effect chaange - or voices must be recored on EA SPORTS ACTUALLY SITE...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nickkwiesh1 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:32 pm

the only reason that they wont add this now is because ea has 1 more shot. after 12 there license with the nfl expires... so from what i have heard there gonna pull out all the stops next year (and hopefully have better commentary). but i cant wait for ESPN NFL 2k13 lol.

nickkwiesh1

Back to top Go down

Post by iivan18 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 am

how is this salary cap and free agency going 2 work

iivan18
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:17 am

iivan18 wrote:how is this salary cap and free agency going 2 work

well there is no salary cap this year - so i guess to the letter of realism - Madden has not let us down (but every team has a budget and its a way of creating a self imposed salary cap - it would be nice if this critical aspect of the game was captured - I have seen MANY self implented salary caps by various Online Franchise - and I am yet to find one that is EZ to implement and manages all the features required to make close to reality...

Any posts about Madden 12 are conjecture based upon statements made by EA sports representatives- but the writing is on the wall - EA sports is going to have to satisfy its biggest supporters - the users of the franchise system (on and offline)... and a salry cap system is something that has been demanded for a while...

I would specualte that the free agent and salary cap system would work just as the same as the NEW collective bargaining agreement will say - WHEN ITS AGREED UPON! and when the cap is implemented in run by EA sports for Online Franchises - it will work seemlessly and will not require MAJOR user defined and supported overhaul that current online franchise with caps require...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 am

we could do our own salary cap system but it would take alot of work

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by iivan18 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:35 am

yea that would be a lot of work. Also what is the free agency process 4 this site or was there 1 4 m10. If not i saw this league on youtube that does this. if u pick a player from FA you must drop a player from your roster thats between 15 pts ovrl from the player u r picking up. EX: T.Owens 85 (picked up) ???? 70. just an idea but then again idk if u guys already have a system for FA

iivan18
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:57 am

iivan18 wrote:yea that would be a lot of work. Also what is the free agency process 4 this site or was there 1 4 m10. If not i saw this league on youtube that does this. if u pick a player from FA you must drop a player from your roster thats between 15 pts ovrl from the player u r picking up. EX: T.Owens 85 (picked up) ???? 70. just an idea but then again idk if u guys already have a system for FA

In Fantasy draft franchises - Free Agent pick ups are of NO concern - because any of the free agents that are currently without specified teams are part of the pool of players - and any relevent player is gonna be drafted (example - Ownes)...

In NON-DRAFT franchise - we HAVE A FORM OF FREE AGENT DRAFTING allowING the least rated team (the rams) to have the 1st selection form the free agent pool, the 31st rated team (the Bills) gets the 2nd turn to choose from the free agents pool ... right up to the Saints gettn the 32nd choice to choose from the Free Agent pool - seemed like the only way to handle this - UNLESS A REAL NFL TEAMS SIGNS A PLAYER - BETWEEN NOW AND THE START OF FREE AGENT FREE AGENT DRAFT - THAT PLAYER WILL BE ASSIGNED TO THAT TEAM - this is to help promote the entegrity of rosters as best as humanly possible....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:10 am

an online franchise i was apart of had a salary cap and a free agent system. the overall of a player determine how many points they where worth. say a 90+ player has a worth of 5 points so they would add up all that and the team with the highest points total and that is the salary cap. for free agency every etam had to drop 3 players at the end of the season. 1-90 1-80 1-70 and let record determine free agent pick order.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:57 pm

bigbuddah wrote:an online franchise i was apart of had a salary cap and a free agent system. the overall of a player determine how many points they where worth. say a 90+ player has a worth of 5 points so they would add up all that and the team with the highest points total and that is the salary cap. for free agency every etam had to drop 3 players at the end of the season. 1-90 1-80 1-70 and let record determine free agent pick order.

Thats not a bad idea. It would help keep the playing field even for owners that got stuck with the Rams, Bills, Browns etc.

In the end it would still be alot of work, but if everyone can agree upon a fair system and thinks its worth the work then why not, right?
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:05 am

setting up a Free Agent system with a salary cap - has not been a priority for us because up intil now - we have been exclusively a fantasy draft group - every team is equal in a Fantasy Draft because the owners all choose from the same pool of players in a "snake order' - essentially their should be lil if any desparity in the teams - the cap and free agency system seemed less of an urgency for realism - BUT NO QUESTION IT WOULD BE IMPROVEMENT...

We now have NON-DRAFT franchises - so perhaps its time to give this some serious consideration - I will be giving this task to the Governing Council - but i would welcome ANY AND ALL INPUT (seeing this is uncharted waters for us)... - I will creat a string under the Governing Council - where guys can make suggestions - I will do some research to see how other ffranchise are implementing this as well - although the initial post you made about this - seems like a great starting point - ty biggbudah and iivan18!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:21 pm

salary cap and free agency solutions are going to be tough

- how about this , keep it..realistic for starters as a simple rule , so no all star teams where ray lewis goes down and patrick willis comes in while you have drew brees and peyton manning ...

- the point system is smart but needs tuning the difference between a 70 -75 80 -85- 90 -90 and 95 up are huge and would be pay wise as well ... you wouldnt pay a 90 rb what youd pay a 99 rb ..look at wr 91s make less than 99s..( in theory..)

- it is pathetic madden couldn't improve the franchise mode online and offline at all ...thats a huge part of the game and a salary cap isn't hard for them to add to online when it's already programmed in the game ..just emberassing

- we can always do every team only can have a certain set of superstars ..

- or every team is guaranteed 1 star on d and o ..

- there was more but I want to think it threw myself

... this will be easier when the games out for me at least
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:21 pm

not to mention that some guys are REALLY overpaid.. none come to mind right now, but im sure its not uncommon for a player with a 70-75 OVR rating to get paid more than a 90+ OVR player, depending on their age and whatnot... it would be kinda tough to look up the salary for every player in the game and implement that, but im just saying that a guy doesnt necessarily always get paid more cuz hes a better player... and well as far as the non draft leagues well just leave them be... if its non draft then that team is realistic in real life, like if someone had the B*LLS to pick the bills lol well he knew what he was getting himself into lol i think this whole salary cap is kinda overcomplicated, but yes it would be nice if the madden team included it in the game next year
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:49 pm

I got more input

age , draft pick ( like #1 overall would cost certain amount of points) all should have an impact if I have ray lewis at his last year he should cost less as he wants a ring or w/e less talent.. but if I just drafted bradford he wants bling ...you get the point

hmmm

we could assign every1 a set # of points like say 500 ( just a random # I threw out there idk if it'd work) so 500 points to spend on players and we set each style of player ( about to retire , position , draft pick , *position*, youth ,rating/overall) a point # ( kind of what was said early by greener I believe)

then we have a salary and a cap .. boom , you can collect up as many of any type of players you want just when you hit 500 you done

problem is we'd all have to be honest and keep track , report eachother ( snitch) wich could lead to immaturity ..

but you guys realize we don't have to use the nfls salary cap , just a salary cap or form of 1 .. expand your minds think outside the box like greeners point system ... ( not dissin any1 ..askin for more thoughts lol )

also when I said position I meant a 99 qb should be worth more than a 99 w/e and so on .. so we need to rank positional value ( wrs get bank as well )

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 pm

dont wanna sound dumb here lol but... last i heard (about a few months ago anyways) wasnt there supposed to be NO CAP this year in the nfl ? lol or did they finally come to some type of agreement ? lol hey i know up until this year there was no drug testing in the CFL (canadian footbal league) lol when i found that out, i couldnt beleive it lol
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm

just what i thought lol now i dont wanna go to court for copywrite infringement lol but i "copy-pasted" straight off wikipidea lol

- "In the 2010 season, due to the NFL team owners deciding to opt out of their collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the players' union, there will be no operable salary cap.

The NFL's cap was a hard cap that the teams had to stay under at all times; penalties for violating or circumventing the cap include fines of up to $5 million, cancellation of contracts and/or loss of draft picks. There was also a hard floor, which is the minimum payroll the teams must pay their players, but that also will not apply for the 2010 season.

The cap was introduced for the 1994 season and was initially $34.6 million. Both the cap and the floor were adjusted annually based on the league's revenues, and they increased each year. In 2009, the final capped year under the current CBA, the cap was $128 million per team, while the floor was 87.6% of the cap. Using the formula provided in the league's collective bargaining agreement, the floor in 2009 was $112.1 million. The salary floor percentage would have increased 1.2% per year until it reached 90% of the cap in 2011.

Under the NFL's agreement with the NFLPA, the effect on the salary cap of guaranteed payments (such as signing bonuses) are, with a few rare exceptions, prorated evenly over the term of the contract.

In transitions, if a player retires, is traded, or is cut before June 1, all remaining bonus is applied to the salary cap for the current season. If the payroll change occurs after June 1, the current season's bonus proration is unchanged, and the next year's cap must absorb the entire remaining bonus.

Because of this setup, NFL contracts almost always include the right to cut a player before the beginning of a season. If a player is cut, his salary for the remainder of his contract is neither paid nor counted against the salary cap for that team. A highly sought-after player signing a long term contract will usually receive a signing bonus, thus providing him with financial security even if he is cut before the end of his contract.

Incentive bonuses require a team to pay a player additional money if he achieves a certain goal. For the purposes of the salary cap, bonuses are classified as either "likely to be earned", which requires the amount of the bonus to count against the team's salary cap, or "not likely to be earned", which is not counted. A team's salary cap is adjusted downward for NLTBE bonuses that were earned in the previous year but not counted against that year's cap. It is adjusted upward for LTBE bonuses that were not earned in the previous year but were counted against that year's cap.

One effect of the salary cap was the release of many higher-salaried veteran players and their replacement by lower-salaried players on a given team's payroll over time. On the other hand, many teams have made a practice of exploiting these adjustments and used free agents to restock with better personnel more suited to the team.[6]

The salary cap prevented teams with a superior financial situation from the formerly widespread practice of stocking as much talent on the roster as possible by placing younger players on reserve lists with false injuries while they develop into NFL-capable players. In this respect, it functions as a supplement to the 53-man roster limit and practice squad limits.

Generally, the practice of retaining veteran players who had contributed to the team in the past, but whose abilities have declined, became less common in the era of the salary cap. A veteran's minimum salary was required to be higher than a player with lesser experience. This means teams tended to favor cheaper, less experienced prospects with growth potential, with an aim to having a group of players who quickly develop into their prime while still being on cheaper contracts than their peers. To offset this tendency which pushed out veteran players, even those who became fan favorites, the players' association accepted an arrangement so that a veteran player who receives no bonuses in his contract may be paid the veteran minimum of up to $810,000, while only accounting for $425,000 in salary-cap space. "
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum