* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs

+12
G-Villa809
Shlarman
Mcnair2wycheck
KingKongSuh90
surfnturf90
Vista3131
jmojsoski
Rui_F
ezweightloss
Cheddah_Cheez
falconfansince81
GREENERRRR
16 posters

Go down

Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs Empty Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 pm

I never accept the Delay of Game Penalty in Accel Clock LGs or IN STANDARD time LGs when the playclock starts at 25 seconds (on 1st play of a new series and after an injury)...

I will continue this policy with EVERY1 - but i would like to know who also follows this POLICY so i can avoid burning TIMEOUTS when i am rushing through a presnaps reads (idk how many games i have loss and could have had a shot at winning if i hadnt BURNED A TIME OUT)...

This way if u reply to this thread - when i play you (or any1 else does)- they will not BURN time outs obscenely in accel clock lgs (or in standard LGs when u get a shorten play clock)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs Empty Re: Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:47 pm

i thought it was well known common decency not to accept those...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs Empty Re: Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 pm

In all honesty I never realized this was a problem until a couple weeks ago. But since then I dont accept them either
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:08 pm

same as FF

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Yeah when the clock starts on 25 I wont normally except them. There has been 2 times i can think of where I have and both where when a player came out in punt formation because it was 4th down anyways and had more then 10 seconds to punt. Both times it was in the middle of the field and I just figured they were waiting for the clock to run out to get more distant for their kicker or that they had called a fake and maybe changed their minds. I also will pass on block in the back penalties every once in a while on kick and punt returns when its clear to me madden is just being retarded and the guy made no extra yards, but that's a personal decision and just depends on my mood.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Nfl teams accept every penalty that benefits there team... Now people who accept consider unsim?

This begs the second question... Is sim football replicating actual NFL teams or following madden group rules? Now if you do not have alot of time to select your play, at what point do we take responsibility for getting the delay of game penalty? Now you may say, well we have the accel clock on this is why we cannot make our prepare reads, however, you accept the consequences and repercussions that come with having the accel clock when you KNOWINGLY enter a franchise with accel clock on....

jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:16 am

I never said it was unsim to accept it. I just dont normally do it unless the other guy does
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 am

If I feel the guy got short changed such as after injury or on change of possesion and he does get the penalty I do decline the penalty.

BUT I will say this one time while playing Greenerrr it was after a injury 25 sec. clock Greenerrr got to the line and set with 6 seconds or so left he then went to audible and some players shifted they did not get set in time and he got the delay of game.

I accepted the penalty but I spoke with Greenerrr and he said he would have declined it, But I kind of stand by my decision to accept it he knew where the play clock was when he decided to audible he should have used a timeout in my opinion

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:10 am

I'm with Falcon and Greener, I almost never accept delay of game penalties. Never after a change of possession, after an injury, or at the start of a new quarter because the play clock is only 25 seconds in those situations, I thought it was in the SIM rules to decline those.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by KingKongSuh90 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:33 am

I have mixed feelings on this one. I have not experienced this yet with the "group" players, but I have always denied this penalty in the past. I play as I would like to be played against really. If the other guy/girl is so bent on winning no matter what the cost, so be it. I play the game the way it was meant to.

KingKongSuh90

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:08 pm

i would say, a delay of game penalty is equivalent to or pretty close to a 12 man on the field penalty in real Life..

Now i say that because, a delay game cost you to hurry and pick your play, while the defense in real life are the first to break a huddle before the offense..So essentially they are being rushed also...now they have to break huddle first to make proper substitutions and adjustments....

All i am saying, i have received like 1 delay of game penalty, that was because i was messaging.. I make sure i get the ball snapped before the clock hits zero anticipating my opponent will except such a call. Also, i don't motion to read coverages ( not recommend) but i do this not to get a penalty called (people don't decline BS PI calls), any time i motion its apart of the designed play. And what are timeouts for, use those timeouts to avoid the 5 yards. Now, if i begin to take my time reading coverages, which i will fully use knowing the fact that no one will accept these calls, i will take my time reading defenses instead of making blind reads...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:22 pm

OK I will agree here with Jsmoski I know when I have to hurry and pick play. that happens when you play 20 games a week and I can't remeber the last time I have had a Delay of Game penalty.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I have no problem accepting them or when people accept them on me. I feel like delay of game is the fault of the player, even with the 25 second clock. Calling plays should only take 7-8 seconds at most.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm

I know this is going to make me sound like an idiot, but most of the time i end of declining delay of game penalties almost always no matter the situation, unless they are doing something like calling an audible at the line and then don't get the play off, but then I have had opponents then accept a delay penalty when i got legitimately short changed on the clock later in the same game, which is infuriating.

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by G-Villa809 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

I will ONLY ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTIES IF THIS HAPPENS 1) a person starts to audible.2) uses a motion play. Any other reason i would never accept a delay of gm penalty

G-Villa809
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:59 pm

It really depends on why they had the delay of game. If it took them a little longer to select a play and it was a 25 second clock and they broke the huddle with 5 secs left, I won't accept because it happens to me once in awhile. Madden is ridiculous in choosing when to give a 25 second clock and when to give a 40. OTOH, if they are trying to audible or motion, I will accept it, because they have to know the risk before they try to audible and they chose to take it.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:28 pm

By now everyone knows when the 25 sec play clock is gonna happen so call me a prick but i accept the penalty...i havent had one in a very long time,if your paying attention you shouldnt have one either
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:41 am

MoWarrior79 wrote:By now everyone knows when the 25 sec play clock is gonna happen so call me a prick but i accept the penalty...i havent had one in a very long time,if your paying attention you shouldnt have one either

Ok prick.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 pm

I would expect my opponent to accept any and all penalties against me. But especially delay of game because that penalty is actually within my control - as opposed to holding etc. which is completely random. However, if I know the other guy is having some sort of extracurricular issue on his end that is causing him to be absent then I obviously will decline a delay of game. But if a guy is doddling then I will accept the penalty or make him burn a timeout. You see at least one of those timeouts per game in the NFL. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

GREENERRR declined a block in the back penalty against me last night. He was smoking me and didnt want to pile on. I appreciated the gesture but it was charity and on some weird level in my head it was mildly insulting. Don't get me wrong, greenerrr, you are a straight up guy but can you see my point?
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Player who DONT ACCEPT DELAY OF GM PENALTY in ACCEL CLOCK LGs Empty Delay of Game

Post by matt0302 Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:05 pm

In the NFL they have the commercial time or time when the player is getting treated to get the play called in, so I try to give the benefit of the doubt and decline the penalty when they are given 25 - although, I agree with most people about the motions and audibles.

matt0302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum