* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011

+9
mblammers
Rui_F
phantomshark
ezweightloss
saastar
GREENERRRR
Cheddah_Cheez
jmojsoski
Fr8trainShane
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 am

I know I said this wasn't the forum to discuss my QB sub rule, but one last thing (I also posted it in the correct forum but figured everyone should see it):

For those interested. I looked up Micahel Vicks stats from his year with the Eagles where all you guys think he "split" time with McNabb. That year he was in there for 37 snaps (13 passing attempts, 24 rushing attempts). DMc took 480 snaps (443 passing, 37 rushing) that season. That means Vick took 7% of the snaps total ALL Season. Moreover, of the 7% of the snaps he took, Vick ran for about more than half of those snaps. Which meant all season Vick only came in to throw the ball 3% of the time. And that's Michael Vick, the most prominently used QB sub in the league that year. So if you want to try and tell me that subbing QBs is realistic your full of it. Especially in the way 99% of the people that use it do it.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011

Post by huffinator Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Just my .02 on the punt rule.

But I think we take the rule we have in place and just change it to mid-field. I think after that it shouldn't matter, because people make 60yd FGs all the time. So if you can attempt a 60yd FG or longer from say the opponents 45, a miss would leave you in your own territory, which is worse than if you had just gone for it on 4th down.

If madden was realistic, and it was really hard to kick 50+ FGs, then I would say take the current rule and move it to the opponents 40 or 45..

huffinator
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by djgamer134 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 pm

If you care about the Qb rule that much then you should just start the Other Qb from the get go.

djgamer134

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseydevil321 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:27 pm

I like em all a lot, but i think that video evidence is helpful, but shouldn't be mandatory. For example, if a person quit if they're losing 21-0 in the 1st quarter and decide to quit, no evidence would really b available, so a complaint based upon trust in the accuser would b the best solution.

Also, i would like to make a proposal, what about rule like if your QB gets hurt badly in the first half, the team that has the injured QB can quit the game and give their opponent a CPU game. Just a suggestion

jerseydevil321
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Jersey, wouldn't that go completely against the idea of SIM?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:Jersey, wouldn't that go completely against the idea of SIM?

Yes.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:55 pm

jerseydevil321 wrote:I like em all a lot, but i think that video evidence is helpful, but shouldn't be mandatory. For example, if a person quit if they're losing 21-0 in the 1st quarter and decide to quit, no evidence would really b available, so a complaint based upon trust in the accuser would b the best solution.

Also, i would like to make a proposal, what about rule like if your QB gets hurt badly in the first half, the team that has the injured QB can quit the game and give their opponent a CPU game. Just a suggestion

If you are going to do that, just turn injuries off. Injuries are part of football.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 pm

i would like to get some rules finalized here... maybe somebody casn summarize the thoughts of this thread into a concise post - where we can vote and make some progress...

note - i would do this - but the "HATE on GREENERRRRR club" has a mandate of belly aching about his suggestions - so i would ask some1 else to do this for the benefit of the MG
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:05 pm

That's what this was supposed to be when I created it bro, but non-council members decided to comment on it, and then most GC memebers didn't vote and it ended up just becoming a rule discussion thread.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Designated Rule changes to submit to General Council- GC please vote as of Jan 2nd 2011 - Page 2 Empty Rule Suggestion...

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 pm

I think this one will be very easy to pass.

New Rule: At the beginning of a new season, Immediately after a draft, Free Agency does not officially begin until 12:00 noon the day following the draft. Any team who picks up a player during this time period, will be booted for the first week of the season, and their opponents will be given a CPU game.

Exception: You pick up a player that was drafted by someone else because of a traded draft pick, who was dropped so you could pick them up.

The only way to stop this ridiculousness is to have consequences, and starting off the season 0-1 is a good way to curb it.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:I think this one will be very easy to pass.

New Rule: At the beginning of a new season, Immediately after a draft, Free Agency does not officially begin until 12:00 noon the day following the draft. Any team who picks up a player during this time period, will be booted for the first week of the season, and their opponents will be given a CPU game.

Exception: You pick up a player that was drafted by someone else because of a traded draft pick, who was dropped so you could pick them up.

The only way to stop this ridiculousness is to have consequences, and starting off the season 0-1 is a good way to curb it.

Never happen. The people who have to work the next day will scream bloody murder that they missed out on all the best FAs.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum