* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

HERS A RULE

4 posters

Go down

HERS A RULE Empty HERS A RULE

Post by sickxstick- Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 pm

1. Im the coach you cant tell me I can play a certain player and I can't (unless that player is suspended)

2. People try to make this so difficult, PLAY LIKE YOU SEE THE GAME PLAYED ON SUNDAYS. Yes theres some bs in the game, we all know that, just dont do it.

3. Anyone ever seen the notorious Belichek call on 4th down vs the Colts? I think if someone wants to go for it and give me field position, be my guest. But 4th and 10+ own your own 20 is just ridiculous. Keep it realistic.

4. Huff and I played last night, first time we played I hit him with my blitz and he said I was nanoing. After last night we got on the mic, he saw the blitz and was easily picking it up and saw it was very realistic.

5. A why is it you can turn your DB around to pick the ball off but I cant turn my WR around to make a user catch. Alot of times the CPU won't turn him around.Ask Huff he saw it and knows what im talking about.

6. First thing a person does after being played different is say "He's Nanoing" or "He's Glitching", in some cases maybe the person is, in some cases the persons not and the person doesnt take the time to adjust and would rather just complain. If you dont know football you pretty much don't have business playing this game, or even being in a sim football league. If someone blitzes 7 people and you are blocking 5, 2 people are coming at your QB, thats just common sense.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=634104157

Back to top Go down

HERS A RULE Empty Re: HERS A RULE

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

A lot of what you said here has value except the last bit. You don't need to know anything about football to play madden. I've definitely played more ball than the majority of people here and I'm not even close to the best guy. A video game, especially THIS video game, does not even compare to the real thing in any sense. Being good at this game, means ZERO about actual football knowledge or skill.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:38 am

dont mind WRs turning to get ball as long as its not a RC. RCs is complete BS and its not hard to do
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 am

Well how you guys make it seem if I turn a guy around and press triangle and he jumps up its an RC.

Am I wrong there?

I see that as a user catch.

Now if I throw it and the Ball icon is out of bounds and i jump and catch it thats a true unguardable RC.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 am

***IF I TURN AROUND MY WR AND CATCH IT WITH THE BALL ICON OUT OF BOUNDS****
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:45 am

I personally have no idea what a RC is. So I don't complain on it. However my understanding is when a WR is stationary (like at the end of a comeback) and you throw the ball high and user catch it. I could be wrong tho.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:51 am

An RC is Where a big WR jumps up and makes a spectacular catch. Its easily guarded. Nothing glitchy about it. Now like 3 years ago you could literally throw the ball and the ball marker would be out of bounds and the guy would turn the WR around and make a catch and it was unguardable and retarded.

Last year you could throw a pass and push the Right stick down and the WR would turn around and jump and make a play. EA put it on the game and will have it back on the game this coming year. Its all about timing and stick skill.

Theres nothing glitchy about it
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 am

sickxstick- wrote:An RC is Where a big WR jumps up and makes a spectacular catch. Its easily guarded. Nothing glitchy about it. Now like 3 years ago you could literally throw the ball and the ball marker would be out of bounds and the guy would turn the WR around and make a catch and it was unguardable and retarded.

Last year you could throw a pass and push the Right stick down and the WR would turn around and jump and make a play. EA put it on the game and will have it back on the game this coming year. Its all about timing and stick skill.

Theres nothing glitchy about it

it wreaks of gllitch and unsim behavour... -

how many ROUTES WOULD A WR BE TOTALLY SQUARE TO THE qb? mAYBE HOOK/CURL and the comeback route chedah mentioned (but even on that comeback route - he wouldnt stop moving his feet - he would keep "come backing" towards the QB until the ball was delivered to him) - PERHAPS A turnaround pass of some sort (some call it a HITCH)

The other things guys do to make A ROCKET CATCH IS THROW THE BALL INTENTIONALLY HIGH TO THE WR (done so by pushing rightstick while u pass)- so if a players is SQUARE TO THE LOS - and the ball is thrown HIGH - its only REASONABLE TO DEDuct THAT THE PLAYER IS tryn a rocket catch!

I could only think of 2 routes where a player would be STATIONARY and facing the QB square on (hook / curl route) - and the deepest hook / curl routes are ever run is maybe 8-10 yards TOPS - a tuirnaround or HITCH pass is a short routre - UNDER 5 YARDS... SO WHEN I SEE a player run 30 yards downfield - turnaround and face the QB (square) than jump in the air and catch a HIGH PASS - i isntantly think rocket catch!

Nobody is in favour of taking away STICK SKILLS that people have worked long and hard to develop - BUT if u have the ability to make USER CATCHES - just make USER CATCHES ON THE OTHER 25-30 ROUTES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO BE RUN IN MADDEN!!!! but if u run a 30 yard HOOK and than making a great leaping user catch - YOUR JUST OPENING YOURSELF UP for guys to think u are rocket catching - easiet thing to do is just put your great user catch skills on 1 of the other many routes available and stay out of controversy...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:39 am

Only im going to try to be nice and say this but GREENERRRR YOU ARE WRONG.

PUSHING THE RIGHT STICK UP DOES NOTHING.

IMTALKING ABOUT A SIMPLE TURN AROUND AND PLAY JUMP BALL.

LAST YEAR IF YOU HELD DOWN R2 IT WOULD THROW A MOR HIGHER PASS.

YOU SEE CALVIN ANDRE AND SIDNEY RICE TURN AROUND AND PLAY JUMP BALL ALOT AGAINST A 5'11 CORNER.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 am

sickxstick- wrote:Only im going to try to be nice and say this but GREENERRRR YOU ARE WRONG.

PUSHING THE RIGHT STICK UP DOES NOTHING.

IMTALKING ABOUT A SIMPLE TURN AROUND AND PLAY JUMP BALL.

LAST YEAR IF YOU HELD DOWN R2 IT WOULD THROW A MOR HIGHER PASS.

YOU SEE CALVIN ANDRE AND SIDNEY RICE TURN AROUND AND PLAY JUMP BALL ALOT AGAINST A 5'11 CORNER.

well maybe i am INCORRECT on the intracacies of how to perform a ROCKET CATCH - not a lot of experience with that - but maybe u could enlighten us on what button to push...

and your right - thiose TUIRNAROUND JUMP PASSES DUE OCCUR - but they are short passes usually thrown in THE RED ZONE or for a 1st down - NEVER MORE THAN 12-15 YARD GAIN...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sickxstick- Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:47 am

They arent what they used to be. They are easily defended and are all stick skill. It used to look like the WR was 20 foot in the air. Now Its just a turn around and get position on the ball which is not a glitch. We used to have a strafe on offense which was took off the game. So sometimes you throw a lob and your WR will keep running forward. and the CB will turn and pick it. Instead You turn your WR around and make a user play.
sickxstick-
sickxstick-
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:08 am

my point is DONT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE PEOPLE COULD THINK YOU ARE ROCKET CATCHING - just use your USER CATCH SKILLS to catch balls on posts, flags, outs, ins, drags, fades, streaks, slants ETC
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:32 am

im not talking about the MG but RC is widely considered really cheezy one of the main ingredients in cheeze ball now i do slightly agree that on a endzone fade situation turning around a jump catching the ball is slightly realistic but in the open field you never see those types of plays guys may jump and catch it in real life but not turn completely around jump and catch the ball unless on a badly thrown comeback. But the main problem ppl have with RC is the high success rate vs 1-2 or even 3 defenders playing man coverage. while i agree it do takes a small skill to do it that does not mean its not cheezy
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum