* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

What is sim?

5 posters

Go down

What is sim? Empty What is sim?

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 am

Ok i kno what some cheezy things are like rocket catching and nano blitzs.

But the question at hand is, WHAT IS SIM?

The easy answer is mimicing what we see in the NFL on Sundays. Only problem with that is the NFL is made up of 32 teams, 32 ideas of whats will help them win.

For instance a QB like Vick may rush for 100 yards plus but if someone runs with vick alot on madden people will say it was cheesy.

Another instance is the very 1st game of the season saints vs vikings, I watched the saints run 1 time in the 1st half and somewhere between 5-10 for the game. Also the Colts whose running game was so ineffective they basically abandoned the run in the 2nd half of the season. But this is also frowned upon on madden.

You have teams like the ravens, steelers, jets and pats who run crazy packages on D guys moving around here and there but this is also frowned upon on madden.

Then you have Coaches who make crazy 4th down decisions but this is also frowned upon on madden.

Now i understand Madden is a Game so some rules have to be put into place to protect exploits.

But how do you you portray a league with so many distinct styles of play by putting them all in the same cookie cutter mold.

So I ask again......... WHAT IS SIM?
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

What is sim? Empty Re: What is sim?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:25 am

I think you just answered it. Trying as best possible to mimic the NFL. You know me, I'm a QB scrambler, but no one complains on me when I do it, because I do it how I'd see it done in the NFL. I don't scramble to create angles, I scramble as a last resort, looking upfield to make a play. Just like you see Vick doing this year. You won't see me running around back and forth behind the LOS waiting for someone to get open.

But like you said, somethings can't be done in Madden because the AI is shitty. If you move guys on certain spots on D you get things like nanos or other things that can get guaranteed instant pressure. I think being as realistic as possible within the confines of Madden's AI capabilities are what is SIM. I think using actual user skill rather than defective AI is SIM. But it's a subjective question with subjective answers. Everyone who replies will provide a different response.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 am

honesty cheedah i think you are really kool and a legit player but theres many times IMO u drop back with no intention to pass not that i have a problem with that im just saying. But how can you mimic the NFL when all the teams play different
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 am

oh and in no way am i trying to diss you i was just stating my opinion
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:30 am

Thanks for the compliment! There's never a time when I have 0 intention of passing if I drop back. BUT, I'll admit there are situations where I know there's going to be an opening for positive yards BEFORE I snap the ball. Usually it's when I see a blitz coming from one side, I'll overload that same side with motion, pick a receiver I think will be open. When I take the snap if I'm right and he's open I throw, if not I run to where I think will be open. The other situation where I take a snap and intend to run is when I know they're dropping almost everyone into coverage. If I see it presnap then it's a run. But on the snap if I see everyone dropping deep in coverage with only 2 or 3 rushers, I sit there for a second (to make a read and ID the spy) and then run the other way. But I'd say the majority of the time I'm looking to throw. Even after I break protection.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 am

sim, is not pulling any AI B.S to win or using the SAME EXACT plays over and over to win..basically, no cheating stuff...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:54 am

i think you answered it as well, but i'd add within the limitations of madden's ai as jmo stated. and even if we do go outside the boundaries occasionally its not like its intentional, at least not with most of the established guys.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:02 pm

C.P. might want to check your fact

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/live/NFL_20100909_MIN@NO

Total of 25 rushes 4 by Brees so that makes 21 Just saying

Vista3131
Rookie