* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Sports fan question

+3
phantomshark
Fr8trainShane
bjcole26
7 posters

Go down

Sports fan question Empty Sports fan question

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 am

I need help understanding this.. As someone who went to University of Texas, cheers for NY Mets in baseball, Raiders in football, and Warriors in basketball.. I currently live in Atlanta and tonight all the University of Georgia, Florida and Alabama fans are cheering for Auburn to bring home a championship for SEC.. How can you cheer for a conference or cheer for your rival? You would NEVER see Yankee fans cheer for the Red Sox or Redskin fans cheer for the Cowboys in the Superbowl or Laker fans for the Celtics or Globetrotter fans for Generals... HOW???? This is WRONG? NO FAN should cheer for its rival just for the conference... I want Choklahoma and Texas A&M to lose everytime regardless of what it would do for the Big 12.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Sports fan question Empty Re: Sports fan question

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 am

College Football fans are kinda weird that way.
They feel that its OKAY to root for the conference if their team isn't in the big game, because it makes the Conference look good.

As a University of Florida Alum, I say SCREW AUBURN Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:38 am

I don't like college sports, as long as Florida and Notre Dame lose all else is good.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 am

Oh bite your tongue! lol
Actually i don't really follow College sports all that much either.
I will watch Florida Football when its on (I live in Columbus, so its never on)..... but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I hate the BCS

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 am

I am a pro sports fan as well but living in Atlanta, it is a college sports city.. I think it is because Atlanta is a melting pot so there is no loyalty to the pro teams unless they are winning of course... UGA fans still are glowing because of the Hershal Walker days.. Not sure if they remember that was 30 years ago.

Last edited by bjcole26 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:28 am

Well it looks like it was money well spent
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:17 am

Well, as someone who went to school in Jacksonville (UNF), I can say that Florida fans are the most annoying in the country. (Though I did like the one about 'Why does the St. John's river flow north? Because Georgia sucks'). Notre Dame fans are a very close second.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:57 am

As someone who went to high school in Orange Park I can tell you I disagree lol.
I live in Columbus, Ohio now and I promise you, Buckeye fans are the biggest jackasses on the planet.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Sports fan question Empty RE:Sports Fan Question

Post by mission8 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 pm

I live in springboro, Ohio and I totally agree with Shane. Most OSU fans are pricks and most of them are also bengal or brown fans. Even though both teams suck, the fans are aholes when they win like they just won the superbowl. As a diehard Skins fan, I would never root for Cowboys. Thinking of the Cowboys winning makes me want to vomit.

mission8

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm

mission8 wrote:I live in springboro, Ohio and I totally agree with Shane. Most OSU fans are pricks and most of them are also bengal or brown fans. Even though both teams suck, the fans are aholes when they win like they just won the superbowl. As a diehard Skins fan, I would never root for Cowboys. Thinking of the Cowboys winning makes me want to vomit.

just be glad you don't have the obnoxious steelers fans mixed in. i live relatively close to PA so theres just as many pittsburgh fans.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Big Ten is the most over rated conference in America... Glad the NCAA let Pryor and the other cheats prolong the games they will be missing for they could finally beat an SEC team in a bowl game.. Too bad it was the 4th best team in SEC.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 pm

championships for your conference mean more money for your conference so easier to recruit.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseydevil321 Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Ur right, it is wrong, screw the conference, they're ur rivals

jerseydevil321
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down