* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Off Topic: Pocket Camcorder

3 posters

Go down

Off Topic: Pocket Camcorder Empty Off Topic: Pocket Camcorder

Post by Delmas26 Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Anyone got any suggestions?

Don't reply with "the flip" - Ive read the reviews...had some other people who had one...and they dislike them.

So, if we have any camera savvy individuals on here...that can give me a recommendation thatd be great.

I'm looking for something small, to fit in my pocket...or close...that has still-image capabilities (decent quality) that has high def pictures 1080p....with some decent low-light...etc

I dont really care about price...because pocket camcorders are all about the same $$$

I just would really like something to take on Vacation to film my kids...etc (Disney World, night time fireworks...parades...etc)
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Off Topic: Pocket Camcorder Empty Re: Off Topic: Pocket Camcorder

Post by phantomshark Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 pm

As someone who used to run a Radio Shack, I can tell you for sure, stay away from the Flip, they are awful. I think my favorite compact camcorder is a Sanyo VPC-CG20 HD quality that also takes 10 MP stills. I think it's around $200 regular price, and goes on sale fairly often.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:26 pm

thanks, appreciate any advice I could/can get....

I didnt see that one when I did alot of review searching...but I'll take a look.

I've owned a Sanyo Cellphone and TV in the past...and never had issues.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

I take that back...I did see that one.

It's like holding a gun...almost.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:59 pm

True "Pocket" size pure camcorder Kodak Playsport, the z8 from kodak is nice also but this as better optics. a modified version is used in the field at work

http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/PLAYSPORT_Video_Camera__Zx3/productID.169976100

Portable HD camcorder, with this you will get much much better image quality and night shooting capability i like the sony

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666023693

but the sanyo isnt bad

Or if video is secondary but you want size and the best picture quality while still haveing the option to take a few quick videos every once in a while my favorite digital cameras right now are

panasonic shoots 12mp pics 720 vid
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Cameras-Camcorders/Digital-Cameras/Lumix-Digital-Cameras/model.DMC-ZS7K_11002_7000000000000005702

samsung shoots 14 mp pics and 720 video
http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EC-ST80ZZBPBUS
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Sony's are always a good bet, but the picture quality on stills on the one listed above is not very good. Sanyo has the highest resolution still photos of all the video cameras, so that's the one I always recommended for people trying to do both. Generally digital cameras take crappy movies and video cameras take crappy stills, the Sanyo is not the best at either but it's good quality on both.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:32 pm

I noticed that Sony Bloggie...my only issue with it....

is that you cannot take out the memory card and put a new one in...or have a backup...can you?

isnt it all intergrated? so, if you fill up on (ex. vacation) you'd have to dump it to a CPU

heres a link...http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bloggie-Touch-MHS-TS20-NEWEST/dp/B0043CYRT6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294187346&sr=8-2

Last edited by Delmas26 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Delmas26 wrote:I noticed that Sony Bloggie...my only issue with it....

is that you cannot take out the memory card and put a new one in...or have a backup...can you?

isnt it all intergrated? so, if you fill up on (ex. vacation) you'd have to dump it to a CPU

Correct.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 pm

yeah the larger sony units let you plug in an external hard drive and do a dump not the smaller units.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum