* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises?

+3
surfnturf90
falconfansince81
Mcnair2wycheck
7 posters

Go down

Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises? Empty Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises?

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 pm

I just feel like if people lose interest as the year goes along, there will not be enough replacement owners to keep everything running.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises? Empty Re: Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises?

Post by falconfansince81 Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:45 pm

yeah i agree, we have enough with plenty vacant slots. rather keep them full and going than start a new one...i wouldn't be in a new one this late in the year anyways.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises? Empty Re: Does anyone fear that we have too many franchises?

Post by surfnturf90 Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

yeah i completely agree

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 pm

yeah but the whole thing is ur really not going to get back to 32 members solid.. plus with any new guy that comes in except for a few they are going to look over the teams the pick a team available in an old lg then once they have a bad season or they lose so many games they will leave the league... since they didnt draft the team anyway.. the team will be not what they thought or with players they cant play the way they usually do with their own draft teams so the lg will start to fall out and stay around 24-28 members the rest of the time...

the lgs will never get back to where they need to be... u can make posts on ea.com and all that other stuff but if its just about looking for replacement owners then most people are just going to look past it and say i dont care.. just like i made a post about ez lg on ea.com.. what happened numerous views and only 1 person has came to claim a team.. besides i think coward who was already in another mg lg... so most people want a join a new franchise that they can draft their team instead of being an replacement owner...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:02 pm

I just feel like next year we should limit it to 9 or 10 franchises in the first 4 months of the game and then close it up and make newcomers take replacement teams. I know that when I joined the site in November I would have taken a replacement team if it was my only shot at joining a franchise, this would keep the leagues all completely active until the end of that Madden season. I'm very fearful that MG Surf, in which I love the team that I drafted, will flop in the next year or two not because of bad management, but because we will simply be unable to replace the owners who leave.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:I just feel like next year we should limit it to 9 or 10 franchises in the first 4 months of the game and then close it up and make newcomers take replacement teams. I know that when I joined the site in November I would have taken a replacement team if it was my only shot at joining a franchise, this would keep the leagues all completely active until the end of that Madden season. I'm very fearful that MG Surf, in which I love the team that I drafted, will flop in the next year or two not because of bad management, but because we will simply be unable to replace the owners who leave.

i mean there is not much that can be done.. i mean yeah u can limit the next madden to 9 or 10.. but like i said before people who will look at the post on ea.com and see replacement players needed.. then they will either look at a another post that is taking new franshises or they will join as an replacment player and if there season dont go right or the team they pick aint the way they like it.. they will just leave the league and the commish will again be stuck looking for another owner.... after season 1 every madden lg goes down hill to an extent.. bc very few people want to take on an replacement team or something comes up and people have to drop out bc of other duties or they dont like the lg anymore bc its not as active so most of the lgs wont get back to full capacity.. just like green 2 is about to be going into yr 3 and it has 27 or 28 owners right now it mite get back to 30 or 32 for the draft but mid season it will drop back down to 28 or 26 players.. same thing in ez lg.. we are down to 26 or 27.. i made a post on ea.com what happened?? 2 people joined.. 1 that was already in the mg and the other from the outside..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Yeah, I just posted on Madden-school and Maddengurus. I'd just hate to see any franchises die, I feel like limiting them would help to an extent.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:22 pm

ohh i know.. i would to!! bc i love all my teams in green 2, ez lg, and in surf's lg.. the 1 in cheddah's lg is an work in progress but i would hate to see these lgs die..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:23 pm

but u can only do so much..

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:01 am

I mentioned this to some at about our 7th franchise. Its been very unfortunate some of the early and first franchises ran by some of the original guys have suffered because of this.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 pm

yup season 1 VIP league was amazing! sad really
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:25 pm

For the Record I have kept track of every player that has come in and out of the Madden Group since the First Greenerrrr Draft. I am in all the leagues and I have kept my eye on pretty much everything. There is a real good solid core of players...And surprizingly enough there are some real solid players that only play in only one or two leagues.

When I say solid players I am talking players who play there game VERY consistantly.

We have many players that joined too many leagues and scaled back (Bit off more then they could chew!) But have been consistant in the leagues they have kept.

We have players that came in and started slow and picked up more leagues as they figured out how many they could handle.

There are new players joining that are fitting this mold as well and time will tell if they are in it for the short term I will continue to monitor as we move through the winter.

This is my thought once we move to Madden 12 We will be able to make probably 5 to 7 extremely strong leagues right off the bat WITH PROVEN PLAYERS, leagues that will experience little turnover as hopefully people will only join the amount of leagues that they feel they can handle.

I myself will never play in 11 leagues again as this has consumed my life (But it's been awsum).

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum