* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

The Lost Art

+8
Cheddah_Cheez
MoWarrior79
phantomshark
jmojsoski
saastar
Mcnair2wycheck
falconfansince81
Child_Please4285
12 posters

Go down

The Lost Art Empty The Lost Art

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am

Ok so i don't think alot of guys no this but WRs suppose to catch passes not just RBs and TEs. Most of the people i play just throw it to the RBs and TEs. Its getting pretty bad If you go into any league stats you will see half the leagues leading receivers is RBs or TEs. Now i really don't have a problem with the TE passes but RBs leading your team in receptions is pretty bad, i saw a guy whos top 2 leaders in receptions is RBs. Throwing to a RB all game will never be effective versus myself so im not complaing due to that, its just that it makes for a very boring game! Im sure im not the only guy who has seen someone throw it to there RB so fast its counted as a rush instead of a pass since the guy cancelled his automatic dropback to throw a backwards pass. That is so annoying! Now im sure someone's gonna say well everyone just runs Man coverage. Well last time i checked that is not the only way to beat Man coverage and surely the the most effective in fact if you look at most of the really good players in the league you will see they barely throw to there RBs. Im not sure what point im trying to make but, I miss the days where QBs throw to WRs may it is a "Lost Art"
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

The Lost Art Empty Re: The Lost Art

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:03 am

rb's are supposed to be checkdowns for the most part...i see this a lot too, and granted some plays are designed rb passes but most the time its not. i like to motion mine out as a decoy, and i think i play fairly realistic so tallied up my reception stats for each league as a comparison. wonder what others get?

deathwish franchise (not counting the cpu gm where i just threw one pass play vs cpu to moore all gm)
wrs' - 41
te's - 25
rb's - 18

greener 2
wr's - 72
te's - 55
rb's - 48

cheddah league
wr's - 88
te's - 21
rb's - 36

surf's league (smith was hurt for half the season)
wr's - 137
te's - 23
rb's - 50

ez's league - didn't have time to finish tonight, i'll edit it tomorrow...but i'd e curious to see what some other people come up with.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 am

I truly find it difficult to get the ball to WR's without risking interceptions, especially on All-Madden. Besides, look at Lesean McCoy, he had 78 receptions for the Eagles this year and such a performance isn't even an anomaly.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 am

i usually dont have time to look down field unless my wr has beat his man off the line or im doing crossing routes over the middle.. so most of my passes go to te's now.. it use to be the hb when i used the buc playbook bc they had alot of screens... but now its just mainly te's then wr's maybe rb's depending on the league bc if i dont see anything open down field most of the time i will have my rb going out for an pass or fb... so if nothing else is up ill check it down...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

^^^ Exactly, if your first two reads aren't getting separation within a second and a half or so, you have to check down. And curl routes are impossible to throw on All-Madden because even when the receiver appears to be completely open, it still gets picked 20% of the time.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 pm

ever since curl routes actually worked in 09 when everyone played zone, they took them away because people bitched about their effectiveness. if theres a curl in my playart i'll hot route it to something else. i still try and get the ball to my receivers though, except in DW league cause my rookie TE is better than all my wr's combined lol...but overall i try to read the defense, which is usually 2 man under, so its just waiting for separation off a route. if the cb's aren't synchronized i'll take a shot at one of my wr's, if they are sync'd i'll check it to my rb or te.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm

what i have noticed alot more is what CP has mentioned about people not dropping back...They are hiking the ball and immediately throwing to there RB..that is annoying and unrealistic...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:26 pm

yeah i would agree.. thats messed up.. but i havent really seen anyone doing that at all in my past 8 games... i mean i mite see like 1 or 2 plays from where someone hiked the ball waited like 2 secs after catching it then threw to the hb in the flat.. but it wasnt every down or any of that...

FF- yeah i never used curl routes period in any madden.. never seemed to help me much if any at all.. but most of the time if im sitting there in the pocket waiting on a wr to get open and its not crossing routes then more then likely im going to have to wind up moving around in the pocket or taking off with speed qb to find someone open.. but oh well as long as im picking up first downs im happy

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

the curl route in 09 was deadly, specially vs cover 3's which is what 90% of people ran cause zone awareness was what 2 man under is in 11. 09 is still my favorite next gen madden, but i think 10 had the best balance of zone/man realism. i don't know if anyone else notices, but people also like to throw the ball the instance its snapped...which is fine once in awhile if people are playin off coverage but sometimes i think it gets excessive and eventually its just taking advantage of the ai, but thats another issue...
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I find that my WRs are usually locked down and I'm getting hit in a second and a half, plus my TEs are all big-time pass-catchers (Dallas Clark in 2 with Winslow as the 2nd in 1 of them, and Jermichael Finley in the other).

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:05 pm

You're rb should never lead the team in receptions! here is one example that trips me out(not mentioning lg or owner)
1.rb reggie bush 51 rec.
2.wr taylor price 32 rec.
3.mendenhall 26 rec.

2 rb in the top 3 smh
134 receptions as a team and the rb's accounnt for 85 of them lol
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 pm

found another
1.hb michael turner 50 rec.(not even a pass catching rb lol)
2.wr a.bryant 25 rec.

his rb has double the catches of his next player WOW
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

MoWarrior79 wrote:You're rb should never lead the team in receptions! here is one example that trips me out(not mentioning lg or owner)
1.rb reggie bush 51 rec.
2.wr taylor price 32 rec.
3.mendenhall 26 rec.

2 rb in the top 3 smh
134 receptions as a team and the rb's accounnt for 85 of them lol

First off that's my team. Secondly, if you look at the stats more closely, rashard mendenhall has only 6 receptions since he's been on my team, the other 20 were before he came to me...so thorough research would be appreciated. More importantly, my receiving core consists of Taylor price, Johnny lee Higgins, Todd Watkins, and recently Mike Williams. On the depth chart, none are better than reggie if reggie was a receiver. Most importantly, I just got Mendenhall. For the entirety of the season before that Reggie was my only running back, and between his horrible trucking, low strength, shitty injury, and miserable fumbles he's not suited to be an every down rusher so I used him just how the Saints use him, or how the Eagles use Shady. I send him on patterns out of the backfield, not just flat routes and outs. If you also notice, I'm top 15 with him rushing as well. I never throw the ball to him behind my QB or any of that BS. I use him exactly how he's used in real life. I maybe have 16-21 passing attempts per game, it's not my fault that people don't cover him.

For the record, My team's top 3 receivers are Reggie (51), Price (32), Cook - TE (23)...then Williams, Higgins, and backup Taylor (before I acquired Mendenhall) are all tied at 5 catches. So before you go trying to blast people you should check your figures more thoroughly. I play based on my team, in my other leagues I rarerly throw to RBs, as in DW My leaders are Maclin (17), Lincoln (14), Copeland (18), and Wheeler (10)
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:59 pm

i think thats realistic cheddah, i'm learning to do the same with sproles in surfs league as well but its still a work in progress. i like to motion him out to the slot or something just to create a distraction, i rarely throw to him but if its a slow lb manned up yeah i'm taking that all day. point is though, some guys just snap-throw-flats at least once/set of downs whom 5 or 6 i can name off hand. zones don't go shallow enough and you can't exactly press the rb so its kinda cheap, but i don't let it bother me. i hate 2 man under a lot more lol.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with the fact that throwing it to an RB immediately is gey. And I don't find I have to take a shot down field in order to get my WR targets - you can hit them on short and medium routes quite effectively IMO.

But there have been plenty of teams over the past 25 years that had HB as their leading receiver. Especially receptions. In 2000 - two NFL teams had their FB lead the team in receptions. LT caught 100 passes in 03 - but other names that were always up high on the reception list are Marshal Faulk, Westbrook, Centers, Bush. TE are spattered in there too.

Anyways - a guy like Bush leading the team in receptions isn't out of the ordinary. I believe he has done it twice for the Saints, and if he could stay healthy it would probably be more.

Just my 2 cents.
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 pm

NFL teams sometimes throw quick passes to their RB's too, some of them are backwards which is why you sometimes see the defense end up with a fumble recovery when the pass is incomplete. Obviously doing it over and over is stupid, but doing it every once in a while when the defense is stacking the box or something is completely fine, in my opinion.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

why is it someone always bring up 1 or 2 instances where something happened! yes there has been a few times Rbs has lead there teams in receptions but thats not what this is about, I'm talking about half tthe league
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 pm

It not like anyone is averaging 10 catches a game with there RB or TE. So what ever they are doing it is not against rules. So thanks for bringing it up.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:58 pm

In general, I hate when someone brings up something, and says 'only a couple of teams do it'. Ok, so do we draw straws for which couple of teams in our league get to do it? I can also say, in the NFL only a couple of teams can play man like every team in these leagues can do, thanks to Madden's AI.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 pm

Vista3131 wrote:It not like anyone is averaging 10 catches a game with there RB or TE. So what ever they are doing it is not against rules. So thanks for bringing it up.

1. i never said it was against the rules 2.10 catches is a bad comparison when it comes to madden, the NFL leaders usually average around 100 catches in our franchises its usually around 80 ive seen this eclipsed but it was by RBs and TEs so my point is very valid. 3. I'm free to bring up what ever the hell i want to if you think its a pointless post just don't respond.

And phantom i agree its hard to manage something like this but i really don't see how it that effective vs man coverage really inless theres a speedy rb matched on a slow LB but ive seen this done with slower rbs also.

My whole point of the thread wasn't to create a rule change but to make people aware of the lack of passes to WRs thus hopefully help them better there games
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by MoWarrior79 Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:11 pm

My bad Cheez i was just lookin at the stats i didnt know he just got traded to you
MoWarrior79
MoWarrior79
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:52 pm

sometimes THE DEFENSE dictates that the TE and RB get more receptions... when i play SICKSTICK he blitzed so much - my only option was to pass to TE or RBm (and wasa the smart play)... but he is at the extreme of agressive play....

I would agree that passing to the RB consistantly is a lil gay... i will take a look at my stats and make sure i am not passing to my RB too much in comparison to others and adjust my play accordingly if i am....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum