* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Too Many Franchises????

+2
Cheddah_Cheez
Vista3131
6 posters

Go down

Too Many Franchises???? Empty Too Many Franchises????

Post by Vista3131 Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 pm

I wanted to move this post up here because I think it is a great topic.

For the Record I have kept track of every player that has come in and out of the Madden Group since the First Greenerrrr Draft. I am in all the leagues and I have kept my eye on pretty much everything. There is a real good solid core of players...And surprizingly enough there are some real solid players that only play in only one or two leagues.

When I say solid players I am talking players who play there game VERY consistantly.

We have many players that joined too many leagues and scaled back (Bit off more then they could chew!) But have been consistant in the leagues they have kept.

We have players that came in and started slow and picked up more leagues as they figured out how many they could handle.

There are new players joining that are fitting this mold as well and time will tell if they are in it for the short term I will continue to monitor as we move through the winter.

This is my thought once we move to Madden 12 We will be able to make probably 5 to 7 extremely strong leagues right off the bat WITH PROVEN PLAYERS, leagues that will experience little turnover as hopefully people will only join the amount of leagues that they feel they can handle.

I myself will never play in 11 leagues again as this has consumed my life (But it's been awsum).

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Too Many Franchises???? Empty Re: Too Many Franchises????

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Next season I'll prob only join DW's league if he does it again, and my league...maybe I'll join one more after that, but I find that for myself anymore than 3 franchises is too much.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Next season I'll prob only join DW's league if he does it again, and my league...maybe I'll join one more after that, but I find that for myself anymore than 3 franchises is too much.

agreed, it was good to get more experience and helped me learn a lot, but being in more than 2 or 3 leagues is just overwhelming for me

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:11 am

i completely agree. at one point i was in 10 franchises and i'm now down to 4. i only resigned from 3 and 4 others folded. those folded leagues represent alot of wasted time, i myself next year will join 5 maximum depending on my schedule.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 am

yeah im in 5.. which i can handle 5 for right now so it aint to big of an deal but yeah there are alot of franchises with alot of multiple members lol...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Only thing i worry about in this regard is the MG becoming a SNOB FEST that doesnt let new people in...

Personally i think that commisjhio0ners need to tale more responsiblity in determining iof members have the time to join their LGs - only a handful of players have shown they can play in 3-4+ lgs (which i personally enjoy b/c i never ghave to go to the lobby to look for a game) - but i have the financial freedom not to be tied to a 9-5 job so my circumstance is unique and i count my blessing for that,,, BUT when golf season comes along this spring - the links may take me away form my PS3 - but i wiull mainatian my commitments i have made...

We have almost 300 members - i would say 100 of them MINIMUM are LEGIT and ACTIVE - only 32 guys can be in DW lg - IN addition our membership base is only going to increase...

what we have to do for next season is BE SMART ABOUT EXPANSION - ensure b4 u sign up a member that theuy have the time to play - and if they dont - get some1 else -= there are plenty of guys to choose form...

That gies in line with tghe newest lg i c reated - ITS ONLY FOR GUYS WHO HAVCENT had a chance to dratf their own team because they joined late - this is a last minute accomodfation to them -
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum