* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston

+10
mblammers
falconfansince81
Dominator1291985
BiLlDoZeR_27
phantomshark
GREENERRRR
Deathwish22
Cheddah_Cheez
Child_Please4285
BlaineTheMono19
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 pm

The hatred between these two teams has been no secret. From fake FG's, to risky 4th down gambles, this series has been especially heated as of late. The Titans started the current streak with a late-season win over the Texans last year, only to see the division handed to Houston due to another controversial matter involving Texans' owner, Greennerrr. Due to this injustice, the Titans were forced to travel too Houston for the WC round of the playoffs. A game in which they won. Both victories were disputed by Greennerrr, once for a fake FG, the other for a 4th down conversion. Both legit, within the rules ways to win.

Fast forward to this season. Due to some a tough schedule and some unfortunate mix-ups resulting in sims, we entered the game 3-4. Houston was rolling along at 6-1.

The game opened with Houston receiving the kick-off resulting in a long drive within Tennessee's red zone. The Titans' D had been known for throwing a lot at opposing QBs this season, taking advantage of an athletic front-7. This style has seen a rise in Ints as the secondary and LB's have been able to consistently attack the confused QB. This is exactly what happened to Chris Robinson as he fell victim to Keith Rivers bailing out of a called-blitz and jumping the route for the pic.

Titans took the ball down the field on a long, time consuming drive that resulted in a FG. Houston matched the FG, kicking off to the Titans with under 2 minutes left in the half. This is when McNabb took over, leading a brilliant two-min drive down the field and tossing a 10 yard post to Gonzo for the score with 20 secs left. 10-3

"It's just like last year," said McNabb. "They don't know what we're gunna do. We had success doing everything out there. We should have had another 7 but I missed Steve down the sideline one play, that's on me. But really, we feel they can't stop our passing game. If we spread 'em out, their heads start spinning. It's kinda fun."

Tennessee took the kick after half time and marched down for another FG, 13-3, Titans' lead.

The Texan offense began frantically trying to move down the field, and eventually, early in the 4th, they punched it in with Jonathan Stewart, who was very effective all game. 13-10.

Tenneessee offense moved the ball down the field on a drive that would eventually win the game, not with a big play or touchdown, but because of all the clock that was chewed. A few big pass plays to Gonzo were key. And this would be what Greeneerrr or Tragicallyhip would hang his hat on, claiming one of Gonzo's catches was a RC. Yet he didnt say a word till the end of the game. LIke all the plays he claims are dirty, the pass was clean, just Gonzo using his height advantage over Greenerrr's lost little backers. Anyways, We kick a FG with under 4 mins left to go up 6.

Houston comes out, connects on a nice pass over the middle to Tate. The following first down, Wimbley sneaks in the backfield for a sack on Robinson. 2 and 18 becomes 3rd and 18, becomes 4th and 18. On 4th and 18, Houston attempts to do something few teams have been able to over the past two seasons: attack Syd'Quan Thompson's side of the field. The young fella snaged it for his 6th pick on the year, the 2nd highest total in the league.

A few Spiller runs later and game over. Does Greenerrr say GG? Nope, just tells me how bad I am, how the computer won the game because my record was worse than his, and claims the 3rd down "RC" by Gonzo cost him the game. Ofcourse, the guy loses and he bitches up a storm.

He may be 6-2, but I've won three in a row vs him. It's becoming easy.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty Re: Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 pm

one of the best rivalrys inMG
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty Re: Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:05 am

Damn, sounds like you got his number.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:30 am

That's awesome bro!!! Congrats!!!!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:25 pm

BlaineTheMono19 wrote:He may be 6-2, but I've won three in a row vs him. It's becoming easy.

Gotta love the confidence. Very Happy

I saw the video you were talking about of the RC's...to me it didn't look like rocket catches...it just looked like Gonzo dominated with the height advantage.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm would consider myself pretty good friends with Greener...I just wish he would take his losses and go. Every single time he loses to someone in this franchise I get a message (or 5) about how they were cheating....it's not everytime...but even when I beat him...he was complaining that I kept running the same play over and over again...and sent me 5 messages letting me know...ALL IN CAPS....total BS. I know all most all of you now and your game play style...none of us could get away with cheating at this point. It's just becoming ridiculous. I've lost 3 games this season...and not once did I message my opponent and put them down. Each time...I congratulated them on the win and noted my weaknesses in each loss to them that cost me the game. Not once have I ever shouted out at them saying they cheated. Blaine...you're one of the most legit playing guys in this franchise....you have less complaints against you than 90% of the others in this league. I seriously doubt you were purposely rocket catching...I saw the the video...I've seen rocket catching before...and to me...you weren't violating any rules or anything. I'm sorry you had to deal with the harassment after the game from him...It's out of my hands...but I would like you to know that I've got your back and will stick up for anyone if I don't see anything wrong with what the other person was reporting on them.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 am

u guys are blind to blainthemono - - 100% RC - has all the characteristics...

1) THe ball INTENTIONALLY THROWN HIGH - McNabb was not under any pressure at all - there is no way he throws that ball high UNINTENTIONALLY - only way it it thrown HIGH is if it done so INTENTIONALLY (for doing a RC)... I would understand if it was some scrub QB or if he was under pressure - neither was the case... he had all day to pass - sat in the pocket - planted his feet and delivered a textbook throw - IT WAS ONLY THROWN HIGH BECAUSE THIS IS A PREREQUISITE TO A RC!!!! (irrufruitable)

2) THe receiver was square to the LINE Of SCRIMAGE - facing the qb directly (irrufruitable)

3) The reciever jumps in the air "LIKE A ROCKET" and come down with the ball (*irrifruitable)...

4) Regrdless of thge defense and the coverage - the player will make the reception - i had a defender HANGING OFF HIS BACK - and a 2nd right there as well (irrufruitable)...

5) Happened another time - but only 1 replay available to saved - WHICH IS ENOUGH - breaking the rules once is too many!..

If it walks like a duck - squawks like a duck - paddle like a duck - ITS PROBABLY A DUCK!!! and this was a RC! it has all the ellements!!!

Blaine is not a BLATANT CHEATER - he only cheats when he is desperate or needs a key reception - LIKE THIS EXAMPLE!!! HE HAS ALL U GUYS FOOLED - AND NOW I EVEN POST UNDENIABLE VIDEO EVIDENCE - and u still believe this clown - amazing!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 am

all three of your wins vs me ALWAYY A GIMMICK - never a straight up win -

1st win... - fake field goal...

2nd win... -two BS 4th down gambles - in the 1st half - in his end (but somehow accpetd by the MG as legit play)

3rd win... RCs by GONZALEZ on 2 key 3rd and longs...

Maybe u get upset about this - because u know the truth hurts a lil bit - I NEVER START ANY OF THESE THREADS - JUST YOU - maybe you are trying to justify something in your own mind!!!! Keep teeling yourself you are a legit player -MAYBE - EVENTUALLY - u will actually come to believe it... but til u beat me straight up - LIKE I BEAT YOU 6 OTHER TIMES - STRAIGHJT UP - WITH ZERO BS CIRCUMSTANCES you will get zero respect from me... and u had the BALLS to ask for an appology??? Now way in hell i will appologize for calling a spade a spade - Till now i havent had video evidence - just seen it with my own eyes - but now every1 can see your bs...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:19 am

I always try to throw high, BECAUSE IF I DON'T A LINEBACKER 20 YARDS AWAY FROM THE RECEIVER WILL KNOCK THE BALL DOWN! Hmmm, caps didn't make me feel better. But throwing the ball high does not equal a rocket catch, and in fact everything I've seen in Madden 11 that people call a rocket catch looks like just a tall receiver jumping and catching. I have not seen any feet around the head of the defender like they had in past years.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 am

Okay, I'll make one post, then be done with it. Long ago, sometime during season 1, this league moved passed the "he out-jumped me, must have been a rocket-catch" cry. The ball was high because I was trying to get it over the second level. Gonzo squared to the line of scrimmage because it was a comeback, smart-routed to go to the sticks. When the commish of the league makes a statement saying the play was legal, that's kinda the end all be all.

As for the other 'gimmicks'

1.) Fake FG. Well, I won by 7, so the 4 point difference didn't matter anyways. And it's a legit play, I just called it at the right time.

2.) We've been over this. NEVER did I go for it on my side of the field. I went for it on 4th down twice. Once inside your 25, and once inside your 40.

3.) I held you to 10 points. Comon man, you accuse me of rocket catch? THAT cost you the game?

You've soiled your reputation on here. Any time you lose it's because someone cheated. It's never your fault for running the same four plays on offense, or not being able to properly run a cover-2, or throwing ints in the red zone.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty see for yourself...

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 am

below is a utube video of RC for madden 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkLo3FK0Vpc

below is blainethemono BS plays - few different angles:

http://www.easports.com/player-hub/media/PS3/tragicallyhip_

there are 5 angles of this catch saved - idk why - but when u view 1 of them the order of the video resets - u can view the others by clicking NEXT...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:37 am; edited 4 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:23 am

BlaineTheMono19 wrote:

2.) We've been over this. NEVER did I go for it on my side of the field. I went for it on 4th down twice. Once inside your 25, and once inside your 40.

this is a 100% LIE
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:33 am

phantomshark wrote:I always try to throw high, BECAUSE IF I DON'T A LINEBACKER 20 YARDS AWAY FROM THE RECEIVER WILL KNOCK THE BALL DOWN! Hmmm, caps didn't make me feel better. But throwing the ball high does not equal a rocket catch, and in fact everything I've seen in Madden 11 that people call a rocket catch looks like just a tall receiver jumping and catching. I have not seen any feet around the head of the defender like they had in past years.

so at least he admits to throwng the ball high intentionally - "because a LB will knock it down" - i call BS aand say "NICE EXCUSE" - frankly he would have been better off sayn that McNaBB let a pass get away on him! (doubtful but not compeletely unplausible) - BUT HE EVEN ADMITS THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!! what a load of crap that spues from your mouth...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 am

Try Again, Greenerrr...

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:48 am

GREENERRRR wrote:
phantomshark wrote:I always try to throw high, BECAUSE IF I DON'T A LINEBACKER 20 YARDS AWAY FROM THE RECEIVER WILL KNOCK THE BALL DOWN! Hmmm, caps didn't make me feel better. But throwing the ball high does not equal a rocket catch, and in fact everything I've seen in Madden 11 that people call a rocket catch looks like just a tall receiver jumping and catching. I have not seen any feet around the head of the defender like they had in past years.

so at least he admits to throwng the ball high intentionally - "because a LB will knock it down" - i call BS aand say "NICE EXCUSE" - frankly he would have been better off sayn that McNaBB let a pass get away on him! (doubtful but not compeletely unplausible) - BUT HE EVEN ADMITS THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!!! what a load of crap that spues from your mouth...

Hello, that was me not him. And throwing the ball high is the only way to complete a pass once your receiver has gone about 20 yards. Nothing wrong with throwing the ball high.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:11 am

I'm not taking anybodies side on this because I personally get sick of all this he said she said bs or in this case the he did he did bs. Look I like both of these guys but has it ever occured to anybody that sometimes the ball does get away from the Qb and your reciever makes a sick catch? It's not like every Qb in the game of football is perfect.

Just sick of all these damn ramblings all the time. Don't know why people got to talk shit and why people can't just play the damn game.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominator1291985 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 am

I was accused of rocket catching from him a well and I wasnt even controlling the WR @ any point in a game I won by 20+, he cried all game I told him watch replay @ end. Never heard another word about it after but never received an apology either for him wasting my time with 15min break mid game with me up 3TDs. It was only time I've ever played him and don't get why he acts the way he does if he is the "leader" of this group.

Dominator1291985

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:17 pm

i already posted an example in our rule vid of rocket catching, which is different than user catching. rocket catching is spinning your player around up to 180 degrees and triggering the animation using a certain button combination...what deems it illegal and unsim is players rolling out and intentionally throwing it high and short so they can run back and do this.

if its a legit looking pass...just let it go, some players do actually execute the spec catch animation cause they outright should. if it looks realistic, thats all you can ask. rocket catches are almost impossible to do with a short a pass as blaine did, they are generally 30+ yards to allow the player time to perform the stick moves. blaines just looked like a spec catch...same animation, but nothing illegal about it really...

besides, there hasn't really been a 'rocket catch' since like 09 when it was also called jet packing. all this looks like to me is a jump ball, your defender can do the same as well as swat it down.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty my .02

Post by mblammers Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Doesn't look like what I consider a rocket catch at all.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:38 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:i already posted an example in our rule vid of rocket catching, which is different than user catching. rocket catching is spinning your player around up to 180 degrees and triggering the animation using a certain button combination...what deems it illegal and unsim is players rolling out and intentionally throwing it high and short so they can run back and do this.

if its a legit looking pass...just let it go, some players do actually execute the spec catch animation cause they outright should. if it looks realistic, thats all you can ask. rocket catches are almost impossible to do with a short a pass as blaine did, they are generally 30+ yards to allow the player time to perform the stick moves. blaines just looked like a spec catch...same animation, but nothing illegal about it really...

besides, there hasn't really been a 'rocket catch' since like 09 when it was also called jet packing. all this looks like to me is a jump ball, your defender can do the same as well as swat it down.

+1. That catch by Gonzo is NOT a Rocket Catch.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

There are times in the game when players jump and make spectacular catches without the user hitting ANY buttons.
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace1129 Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm

I dont know anything about the RC cuz i dont really care about all the little BS that most ppl cry about. The thing that annoys me is how the LBs do RCs all the time. There can be a receiver 20yds past the LB and the LB will jump 3 to 4 feet in the damn air to INT the ball. Wow that is annoying to say the least....Not taking any sides here but...I PERSONALLY THROW THE BALL HIGH ALL THE TIME JUST FOR THAT REASON ALONE. Just my opninion not judging either side

Ace1129
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Titans build streak to 3 against bitter-rival, Houston Empty ace

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:53 pm

I have to agree with ace about the LB stuff. Boy do I know what that feels like. Check my stats lol.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:42 pm

phantomshark wrote: Hmmm, caps didn't make me feel better.

LMAO!!! lol!
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:43 pm

surfnturf90 wrote:
falconfansince81 wrote:i already posted an example in our rule vid of rocket catching, which is different than user catching. rocket catching is spinning your player around up to 180 degrees and triggering the animation using a certain button combination...what deems it illegal and unsim is players rolling out and intentionally throwing it high and short so they can run back and do this.

+1. That catch by Gonzo is NOT a Rocket Catch.

+2. I totally agree with Falcon here.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next