* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule?

+2
Fr8trainShane
BlaineTheMono19
6 posters

Go down

Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule? Empty Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule?

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 pm

What was decided upon?

Top 2 WR slots MUST be WR? top 3?

And what about Tight formations (I, Weak, Strong, etc.) Example: Using a tight I-formation as an overload-type power-running formation. Bringing in a 3rd tackle at TE, and going with two TE's at WR. It would show up on the play screen much like a goal line package, and that's basically what it is.

Not trying to start another argument on this, just couldn't find the actual rule.

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule? Empty Re: Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule?

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Top 3 has to be WRs
No you can not sub in TEs for WRs in those formations.
No you can not sub in a Tackle either.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule? Empty Re: Depth Chart issue: What's the actual rule?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Shane is right.

Except, you can put Tackles in as TE's whenever you want, just don't put a TE at WR.

You're also confusing what a tight formation is. Regular I formation is not a tight formation. I-Tight is a tight formation. Tight formations are called as such because they only only use 1 player split out, with everyone else being on the LOS. So formations like Singleback jumbo, I-tight, I twin TE, Strong twin te...any formations that only use 1 WR are usually tight formations.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:12 pm

I meant Tackles in at WR, sorry.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Tackles register as TEs when you sub them in at the TE position

I dont think anyone has a problem with Tackles in instead of TEs...

I just wish the game would classify a TE or RB subbed in at WR...as a WR.

Its essentially the same thing. But they call the tackle a TE when at TE....

How hard is it for the play call screen to call the RB or TE...a WR?
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Delmas26 wrote:Tackles register as TEs when you sub them in at the TE position

Again, no they DON'T register as TEs, they register as nothing.. I had 1 guy who had a T at his TE2 position, and when he went into a 2TE set I kept getting 2WR, 1RB, 1 TE. I just wish people would stop being little bitches about not getting to know exactly what formation people are going to be in, knowing the personnel is all you can and should get.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BlaineTheMono19 Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:32 pm

phantomshark wrote:
Delmas26 wrote:Tackles register as TEs when you sub them in at the TE position

Again, no they DON'T register as TEs, they register as nothing.. I had 1 guy who had a T at his TE2 position, and when he went into a 2TE set I kept getting 2WR, 1RB, 1 TE. I just wish people would stop being little bitches about not getting to know exactly what formation people are going to be in, knowing the personnel is all you can and should get.

Exactly. That's what I said it was an unbalanced rule. The offense suffers with this rule.

"Knowing the personnel is all you can and should get" cheers

BlaineTheMono19
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by bjcole26 Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Delmas..the new owner Broncos owner in Surfs league does this... When he runs one of his packages, it shows 1 rb 1 te and 0 wr..
bjcole26
bjcole26
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum