* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

I need to vent and get input

5 posters

Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty I need to vent and get input

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:04 am

ok a little back ground on the situation. me and 1 of my best friends have a heated rivaly going all the way back to madden 07 when i first met him. now we play similar he is sim and i am sim so we have execellent games most the time. over the years i have developed more skills as so him. according to him my skill have acquired some bad habits. now this for him is real frustrating. he is a guy who passes very very well maybe better than me. he reads zone coverage the best i have ever seen. he has great timing with his passes. he can throw slants and posts very well. he uses the titans in madden and he has vince young and justin gage workin. anyways...

in ncaa 11 our main teams are alabama for me and texas for him. all my family lives in mobile, alabama so naturally i play with bama.i went to school there in alabama for middle school. and he is born and raised in dallas texas so naturally he plays with texas. he hasnt won a game with them since we started playing ncaa 11 he is currently 0-9. he started experimenting with other teams to see if they can beat bama. i wont give him that opportunity so i played with florida and lsu. he decided to go with vtech. they have tyrod taylor and he has the second best rb in the nation so naturally he runs alot of option and spread offense runs off the coverage and take off with taylor. now here is were it gets dicey. in ncaa 11, man coverage is the main defense because zone coverage does not work at all. so when he runs man coverage i have to user catch to make sure i get some separation to make the catch. now he believes that any user catch is freestyle driven and should be outlawed. now he doesnt see the skill that is involved to user catch and what it brings. now he finally won1 game yesterday with vtech and i played with lsu. i can say i lost because i didnt know their playbook and weapons. so this game we played a few hours. he picked off an option pitch to go up 7-0. i scored with huge run 7-7. i picked his pass off for td 14-7. he spread me out ran with tyrod and did a few options 1 in particular he scored off of after he had taylor pitch the ball to his rb when he was going down to score 14-14. here is the problem. it was about 1:20 left before halftime and so i had to go to shotgun and get down the field fast. pass #1 i throw a double move post corner route to the sideline to the impact wr toliver. that pass i user caught all i did was hit the circle slow my wr down then triangle to catch it. pass # 2 i throw a flag pattern to the toliver again hitting circle and triangle jumping to the ball making the wr catch it with his body. 3rd pass was again to toliver this time double move corner post route i hit toliver without any user catch just perfect pass. he calls me says he will never play me again.

the part that angers me is the part where he calls me a cheater and a glitcher he says im rocket catching. if im not mistaken a rocket catch is when u stop your wr in mid stride turn him around and jump straight in the air to catch the ball. none of that i do. i cut in front of safteys to catch post routes and i slow my wr down to make sideline catches without taking them off of there original line he was taking to the ball i finish the catch the wr was alrady going to make i jus make it sooner.

is this not sim? is this wrong to do to your friend? i try not to do it as much when playing him nbut when im losing my competitive juices come out and i make plays. yesterday i came back to win a game after i went down 21-0 in the first quarter from me throwing picks. i just dont know were he come off callin me these things and sayin i wont ever play u again when i dont complain about his offense. i dont complain about him running with his qb after he has run off my coverage. u cant blitz caus then u have no help if he gets a slant in there. so i run man of course. i dnt complain about him being able to pitch the ball to his rb when his qb is halway on the ground cuas the defense stops moving. i dont.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty Re: I need to vent and get input

Post by nickkwiesh1 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 am

just to start off well having played a lot of ncaa 11 i can tell u i have never seen 1 rocket catch. but first off because hes ur friend he probably wants to beat u everytime he plays u. thats the way i act with a lot of my friends. if i dont beat them i usually start to say o well there running the same play too much or running the ball constantly. im pretty sure u didnt glitch or chz him in anyway hes just frustrated because when he plays u he thinks he should win. plus since he started out 0-9 it gives me the feeling that he doesnt have a team or a gameplan yet. the same thing happened to me when i first got the game i rushed myself and went online only to start 0-4. after a while i started up a few online dynastys to play against some guys that i had met. now once again im getting my butt kicked but its all for fun. if u really want to show him that ur not chzing or anything i suggest playing with a unranked team maybe or i guess let the cpu catch a few since he thinks ur rocket catching. good luck

o btw im glad u tried a team other than bama cause no offense to u or anything but there way too good in this game i cant stop them with anyone. hence when i get into a game and the other guy picks bama well i just leave cause i dont think i even have a chance.

nickkwiesh1

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty my 2 cents... (which are probably only worth a penny)

Post by Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:04 am

1st off - I have found that in Madden and NCAA football - IN GENERAL - people take losses MORE PERSONALLY - if i lose a game playing MLB the SHOW - i forget about it INSTANTLY! but when i lose in Madden - the loss sits with me - (i go over plays in my head - and any play i deem as BS - meaning a play that was decided by a Madden programmers decision matrix - like fumbles or dropped passes - I BECOME INFLAMED ABOUT) - NOW - I RECOGNIZE THIS BEHAVOUR - and I am trying to put my best foot forward - when i lose - being a gracious winner is simple - being a gracious loser is a challenge - ESPECIALLY IN MADDEN - (or NCAA) - maybe just give your buddy some time to vent...

The arguement of USER CATCHER or ROCKET CATCH is an old debate - (and I am sure you have seen the discussion in the "Developing a list of Online Franchise CLOWNS!" (link at bottom of page) - guys talking about Boywonder410 (a player from last year) - ultimately I think the issue with him was the same - some guys saw his User catches - as so called "rocket" catch and therefore an illegal glitch - other people - like myself - thought his User catches were based on superior skills - and if I can't improve my game to counter or keep up with his scores - THAN I DON'T DESERVE TO WIN...

So - what may be helpful with you and your boy is to try and discuss - WHAT IS and WHAT IS NOT a "rocket catch" (and if you get a good comparative definition - let me know too!) - perhaps you can go to U-TUBE and try to see if their are any examples that will help your side of the arguement - you can go to the practice session (vs CPU or a volunteer online player) - do your style catch - save the footage - upload it to you EA account - and give him the link "rocket catch" examples that you got form U-TUBE - or even better - do a rocket catch in your practice session - and show him the difference directly...

In closing - recognize that your buddy is acting out of frusturation - NOBODY LIKES TO LOSE and Madden and NCAA games losses are tougher on all of us! so maybe cut him some slack - let him vent for the night - then tomorrow present your LOGICAL - WELL THOUGHT OUT - analysis of what is and what is not a "rocket catch"

hope this helps u bro!

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f8/developing-a-list-of-online-franchise-clowns-t25.htm

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty nice post Nickwiesh!

Post by Admin Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 am

Its a mature attitude to have - well written - some nice insights - ty for the contribution....

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty thanks

Post by nickkwiesh1 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 am

we pretty much had the same ideas lol i read urs and i was like dam lol.

nickkwiesh1

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:01 am

this goes on all the time with us its a personal vendeta he has against me and he wont play anyone else because he says that i am the best person he has played and he wants to beat me so bad...he calls me at like 9 am and like so u want that ass whoopin now lol...idk man i think he is mad because i picked a new team and he picked a new team and he still couldnt beat me.

we have almost come to fisticuffs over madden. he has almost thrown his ps3 into his halway once i had to tackle em to stop. this past year wen madden 10 came out he beat me like 4 games in a row when it first came out and i was so mad i threw my stick "literally" down the street.

i have come to terms with his rediculous out bursts. there is no talking calm to this guy and compromising because it is completely wrong in his book. i have tried showing videos. i have tried showing him in person. i cant change how i play. even when i do its always something. i dnt user catch its a close game. i user catch and i comeback from down 21 lol. idk i can pass without it but in ncaa 11 man coverage is so strong that its impossible to pass without it. unless u do what he does and run slants the whole time wait for his guy to either outrun my cb or for there to be a rub off of my defender by my cb and his other wr colliding. idk if he doesnt want to play me anymore im fine with it. honestly i can do without the 9 am wake up calls of him talkin shit caus he cant sleep caus he thinking of ways to beat me and when it works after i shut him up half sleep he wants to bitch.

thanks for your imput guys. im only up caus i thought the madden demo was gonna be released at midnight so i watched a movie but tht would be too perfect right lol

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:02 pm

ok so he called me this morning at his usual 10:30. all he said was i gotta break the silence then we started talkin bout the madden demo and stuff like that and lookin at mw2 black ops vidoes on youtube just talkin and stuff. took em a hour and a half to say..." so man u ready bro...i want my rematch" i told em no u dnt want to play no mo...we talked about what happened his issue is still user catching. he said u clicked onto your wr stopped em at the sideline and mad the catch. there is no way to defend that in his eye. he hit my wr in the air and most the time thats a drop but it was to an impact player. the second catch he agree wasnt that bad but it annoyed him. but we talked and we just gotta agree to disagree on this situation because i told em like i dont move my wr's at all i just make the catch. he said when u need to make plays i turn freestyle. i said no but i do agree that when i need to make plays i squeeze passes in where i wouldnt if i didnt need to make play but i dont go freestyle...imo

here is video i captured on my phone a few days ago that made him not play for the rest of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5iVtuvgtw

here is a lil background on that. it was a borderline catch to me honestly. but here is y it is ok with me. it was 4th qt :20 left. 4th down and 13 on his 30. as u can tell my qb kinda got hit so the ball floated all i did was make an adjustment on the ball. it was throw almost in the back of the endzone...it was a throw up ball to me so it was ok...wat do yall think

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty you have to be kidding me

Post by dtigertron Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:25 pm

If that video is what he is complaining about, or similar plays. Then you need to play him in coach mode or not at all. There is nothing wrong with that play. That looked like it could have on any Saturday. If he can't pass or cover, that is his fault. If you guys want to get into a run fest, then agree before game that you will both run, but to limit passes to slants in not football. To limit a game to running isn't modern football. If you played the CPU on any setting higher then rookie, you have to user catch to win. I suggest you tell your friend to practice on the hardest setting, when he beats the CPU a few times, then he can get another rematch. Also you might suggest that he tries to learn how to user catch. If you can do it, he can. Besides, lets be honest, he won't be a good football video game player til he learns how to user catch. From what I read about Madden 11, if you don't user catch, you don't get the completion.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

I need to vent and get input Empty RE:u have 2 b kidding me

Post by videogameprojr Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:27 pm

honestly how do u user catch
videogameprojr
videogameprojr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 am

videogameprojr wrote:honestly how do u user catch

not the expert - maybe biggbudah will weigh in as well...

while the pass is in the air - you push triangle and take contol of the intended reciever - I believe triangle is the catch button - takes great timing and practice...

You can employ a similar strategy to defnd the pass -On defense - when the ball is in the air - push triangle (you will take control of the the DB that is closest to the play) -=you can use triangle to intercept the pass or press R1 to SWAT the ball down - again takes great practice - (if you miss the ball while doing this and the reciever catches it - its likely gonna be a huge gainer - because it highly possible you will move the player out of position to make a tackle while your trying to make a play on the ball...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Yea...I mean like I said before he is 1 of the best pure sim players I have ever played. Me and him play over 100 games a year but idk...he passes more than me and he doesn't have to user catch caus he has excellent timing and reads plays really well presnap and post snap...its all good tho we have played a game since I won but he was cool with it.

User catching is a skill that is needed to break through that top tier of players. Being able to squeeze balls into tight coverage to get the ball down the field. User catchin is mainly about making the catch before the cpu tries to which usually is too late specially on sideline and back of the endzone. And it also give extra seperattion to make the catch

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum