* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Week 1 Game Dispute

+3
Deathwish22
bigbuddah
Cheddah_Cheez
7 posters

Go down

Week 1 Game Dispute Empty Week 1 Game Dispute

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:47 am

Well...in my week 1 game I've already had a problem (not really a problem but kinda). I played Mblammers (Chiefs), and the first time we played he was up 13-0 with about 4min left in the 2nd qtr and dropped connection (not on purpose). So I said on the rematch we'd count it as him being up 13-0. During the game he asked when I was giving him his 13 (I assumed we could tell the DW and he'd fix it after the game and told blammers that) and he said he was just kidding anyway. But I still decided on my own that I'd play as if I was down 13. With 45 secs left I was up 24-14 and had just scored so I was ready to kick an onside. But since Blammers had said earlier that he was kidding about the 13 I figured I'd message him to ask if he was up 3 and I should kick an onside. We went back n forth bc we weren't sure if the commishes could actually change scores and then he said he wanted his 13 then (but if I gave him that I wouldn't have my 45 seconds to try an onside kick) so I looked up the rule and it said he should get half (7), but when I told him that he said just call it a gg. It was really clumsy trying to have a discussion about it over PSN with lag, etc...and I feel like he just didn't wanna deal with it and kinda conceded.

Now I feel like a huge dick, even though we didn't argue with each other at all, and it was a really good game in my opinion. But I still feel like a dick.

DW if there is a way to fix the scores you can go ahead and give blammers the win and me the loss for our matchup. Or blammers if you read this, and wanna settle it on our own I can let you win when we matchup again in Week 14.

Bottom line, I feel like blammers got cheated and I dicked him over in some way. I'm willing to take the L if the scores can be adjusted. He's a hell of a player (we played in CantBbeat's franchise and I won legitimately 14-7) and I thought all of our matchups were good games.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Game Dispute Empty Re: Week 1 Game Dispute

Post by bigbuddah Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:24 am

unfortunately i dont believe the commish can adjust scores. EA needs to put that in there specially for games that start more than once. there is no continuation system in online franchise u can agree to do that but the amount of time on the clock is going to be an issue. this was a problem for me last year got tired of the servers so i stopped playin online franchise cause wen u play in a league on leaguedaddy u can do contiuation like that say the score is that and only play a half or 3 quarters or wat ever. EA needs ot fix that man

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:50 am

For the record. I'm very limited on what I can actually do to manipulate anything in this franchise. I CAN NOT ADJUST SCORES or ANY OF THE AI SETTINGS. If that happens again...you have to actually give the guy his 13 points if you agree on it...and try and run the clock down to get it back to the original time where it cut off.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 am

For the future...if you play his team again this season (being that he is the chiefs in your division you definitely will play again)...I can boot you and he can play his game against the cpu...it is totally up to him. That is basically giving him the win...but the CPU can be a tougher opponent at times than a real player...especially with all-madden difficulty on. It is totally up to you. But next time...instead of assuming what I can do...please text me...that is why my information is online...and I can help solve these disputes if I'm not online that way...my phone is glued to me 24/7. Truthfully, if you both agreed to spotting him his 13 points...then yes he did get screwed.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am

Just my .02

If you are going to give him a win that week 14 game you play agree to it now so if one of you or both is in the playoff hunt its not a issue. Or you could treat this game as the week 14 game and the next time you play spot him the 13 or whatever and play from there.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Game Dispute Empty No beef here.

Post by mblammers Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Cheddah,

that WAS a good game, and it WAS awkward trying to figure it out over PSN at the end. I think the biggest issue was poor communication, but you don't need to feel like a dick at all. Truthfully, here's how it went on my end: I was feeling pretty cocky going into our restart game. I figured that we would spot me 13 and run the clock to set up the same situation as when the previous game left off, but when that didn't happen I was also more than happy to say fuck it and lets just play. I was unaware of how the rule went. I think if we both had read the rule and discussed it before the rematch it would have cleared a lot of this up. (Although after reading the rule I think its stupid that only 1/2 the points get restored to the winning team if they did not disconnect on purpose - but I digress).
We are a good matchup, and I honestly thought I would beat you straight up. Then when I realized that you weren't fucking around, and after the turnovers and missed field goals, I started to think, "sure would be nice to have those 13 points." I think thats when I asked you when I was going to get the 13 points - half kiddingly.
I don't know how much the thought of having those 13 points "in my back pocket" affected my effort or game plan, and I don't know how much it affected yours. Doesn't matter to me now at all. I could have asked about the points earlier in the game or at the beginning. The way I see it, once the game was on the line in the 3rd or 4th, it was too late for me to start asking for hand-outs.
My bottom line in all this is that we had a good game (or a 1 and 2/3 games), and I will do my best to beat you in the rematch later in the season (hopefully with the AFC west at stake). I don't want or need any kind of gimme game or anything like that. For me the fun is in playing SIM football, and you do that, so we're all good.
I do appreciate you posting about it though. Thanks.
p.s. check your pm's I got a trade offer for you - and if you really want to make it up to me, you can throw in your 1st and 2nd round draft picks next year (lol).

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:45 pm

what would mae this better in a way is that if everyone uses the site chatbox instead of the bogged down psn when in game on madden. its faster OR OR even better use a headset

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 pm

just for the record...you guys are showing great sportsmanship...good job
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks for the input fellas. As for blammers, I was actually playing the whole game as if I was down by 13, and when I was up 17-7 I figured I was going to win it out right...but then you hit that late deep pass when I fell asleep controlling the safety...which forced me to run that hurried offense to rush it down field next possession. But regardless every matchup we've had (even the one in CBB's league) has been a legit close game. I can't wait til our next matchup.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:42 pm

here is the rule sorounding this issue:

24) If a player INADVERTAINLY loses a connection in the game:

- If he was behind and wishes to restart the game - his opponent has the right (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) to restart the game... He can insist the game be continued with the same scoring differential and with the time clock in the same position or he can concede the game and allow his opponent to finish the game vs the CPU and complete the EZ win.... Use your judgement - if the game is out of reach - finish vs the CPU - If the game is contestable restart BUT BE SURE TO AGREE ON THE PARAMETERS B4 YOU EXIT THE CPU GAME!

- If he was ahead - his opponent DOESNT HAVE TO RESTORE SCORING DIFFERENTIALS AND THE TIMECLOCK (but would advise that it to be ethical to offer to do so)... If the score differential is greater than 10 - I would suggest that half the score be reawarded to the player (This will give a player a penalty for a "bad" connection and still his opponent (who did no wrong) interested in the game!)... If the player is up less than 10 points - score differentials and times should be re-established...

for clarity sake - we should have stated that you have to account FOR THOSE POINTS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME - (the score differential being the key) - just allow some1 to score until the approriate scorfe differential is reached - u can run the clock off if u want too... I WANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT IF THE PERSON WHO WAS LOSING - HAS HIS OPPONENT LOSE HIS CONNECTION - HE DOES NOT HAVE TO RESTORE ANY POINTS - (but form a spirit of sportsmanship should offer to do so) - THE REASON OF THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE ALL RESPEONSIBLE FOR OUR CONNECTION AND IF YPOU LOSE CONNECTION THEIR MUST BE SOME SORT OF CONNEQUENCE... (nevertheless with the way EA servers have been actn this may be a liul much to ask)...

In the end wanna commend you BOOTH - ON YOUR SPIRIT OF SPORTSMANSHIP - its nice to see... (both you went up my unofficial QUALITY GAMER list) MUCH RESPECT OUT TO BOTH YOU!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Game Dispute Empty LET THIS BE A LESSON

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

every1 should take the time to copy and past the Universal SIM rules - and print them (copy / paste them on a word file - make a lil easier)

i will adjust the rules - so that players know that they have to accounbt for differential in scoring thyemselves and the commish cannot fix that... (besides - madden plays differently when yopur UP or DOWN and if you are within 1 score with 2 minutes left in the gfame (not a big fan of this DIFFERENCE - its done to MAKE the game more exciting - and i think every1 should be treated the same ALL THE TIME) - regardless of score
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum