* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Deathwish is the Man

+4
phantomshark
Dominator1291985
Cheddah_Cheez
surfnturf90
8 posters

Go down

Deathwish is the Man Empty Deathwish is the Man

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am

So I just got done playing DW in his league, it was a close game throughout, and I feel like I should tell everybody what he did, because honestly I was really impressed by it.

It was the beginning of the 4th quarter, he was up by 6, at midfield, facing a 3rd and 6. He tried to run, but Frank Gore got stripped, and the fight for the fumble animation came up on screen. Eventually, it says "Fum Rec, Donovan" (thats my OLB), so it should have been my ball at midfield. However, when we get to the playcall screen, I'm still on defense, and he has a 1st down, so I pause the game and text him asking "what the hell happened?". He says he doesn't know, maybe the ball changed hands in the pile, and then he sends me a text saying to let the play clock run out. I do, and he punts the ball to me, on 1st down, from midfield, in a 6 point game.

I thought it was a really classy thing to do, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have made that move in a close game, but that's just the kind of stand up guy DW is.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Deathwish is the Man Empty Re: Deathwish is the Man

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah I've come up on the short end of that a couple times recently. It's annoying, but I just assume it changed hands in the pile. The worst was when it happened on a 3rd and long...the fumble would have made it like 4th and 25 if they receovered...not only did it say I recovered, but it gave them the ball back AND a first down.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominator1291985 Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:29 am

The first down part six but they mess up all the time. It say 2 fumble recoveries it has wrong team cheering, but he supernice to give you ball I know I wouldn't lol especially since I fumbled every game last season with reggie

Dominator1291985

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:50 am

Doesn't make up for the fact that he's a cheeser
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 am

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:Yeah I've come up on the short end of that a couple times recently. It's annoying, but I just assume it changed hands in the pile. The worst was when it happened on a 3rd and long...the fumble would have made it like 4th and 25 if they receovered...not only did it say I recovered, but it gave them the ball back AND a first down.

Yeah them getting the ball back is fine, that happens, but even if the ball changed hands in the pile, they shouldn't have a 1st down. It would be impossible for one team to gain possession in the pile, and then subsequently lose it, because they would have been immediately touched down. Without that change of possession, it should still be whatever down it would have been without the fumble.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:32 am

I figured this out. What happens is, 1 player recovers the fumble then he fumbles and there's another fumble recovery. If the defense recovers then fumbles and the offense then recovers, it'll be a 1st and 10. They will show the first player to recover though. (Funny when on the first play of the game there's a fumble and the guy shows '2 FR'.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 am

phantomshark wrote:I figured this out. What happens is, 1 player recovers the fumble then he fumbles and there's another fumble recovery. If the defense recovers then fumbles and the offense then recovers, it'll be a 1st and 10. They will show the first player to recover though. (Funny when on the first play of the game there's a fumble and the guy shows '2 FR'.

Yeah but like Surf said...that couldn't happen in the NFL...at least not in a Pileup like that. If a player gains possession in a pile up, he's immediately down. Which is why you could never see a guy receover a ball in a pileup and then get up and try and return it. Since he's immediately down, it's impossible to recover a ball in a pile up and fumble it yourself. So even if the ball exchanged hands, which does happen in actual pileups, the result is always one of two things: first down for the opposite team or a continuing of downs for the other team.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 am

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
phantomshark wrote:I figured this out. What happens is, 1 player recovers the fumble then he fumbles and there's another fumble recovery. If the defense recovers then fumbles and the offense then recovers, it'll be a 1st and 10. They will show the first player to recover though. (Funny when on the first play of the game there's a fumble and the guy shows '2 FR'.

Yeah but like Surf said...that couldn't happen in the NFL...at least not in a Pileup like that. If a player gains possession in a pile up, he's immediately down. Which is why you could never see a guy receover a ball in a pileup and then get up and try and return it. Since he's immediately down, it's impossible to recover a ball in a pile up and fumble it yourself. So even if the ball exchanged hands, which does happen in actual pileups, the result is always one of two things: first down for the opposite team or a continuing of downs for the other team.

That's not what I meant. The team gains possession prior to the pile up then loses it and causes the pile up. You can tell because normally the light is on over the offensive team during the pile-up and switchers at the end to the defensive team if they get the ball. However, occasionally the light is on over the defensive team, meaning someone on the defense recovered the ball and then fumbled it.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 am

phantomshark wrote:
Cheddah_Cheez wrote:

That's not what I meant. The team gains possession prior to the pile up then loses it and causes the pile up. You can tell because normally the light is on over the offensive team during the pile-up and switchers at the end to the defensive team if they get the ball. However, occasionally the light is on over the defensive team, meaning someone on the defense recovered the ball and then fumbled it.

Nah it wasn't like that, it went straight to the pileup animation. Plus, the first guy to fall on the ball was lying on the ground when the pileup happened, so again, he'd be down as soon as he recovered the ball and it couldn't change possession.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 am

its a flaw in the game....I wouldnt have punted. Nobody has punted to me.

In fact, in my 1st 2 games in CHZ LG this season...I've had Brandon Hiller get the fumble according to the game....and the boxscore reads fumble recovery....

but I never indeed get the ball....

so, stats wise...the play happeed...but in the game...it didnt.

Just a flaw...

Hell, I might have 1 more victory if people punted to me! LOL

but, classy thing to do.....I just wouldn't do it...

Heck, i think it happened in my game vs Billdozer as well...where it said I recovered the fumble...and it gave him a 1st down on a 3rd and 12 or something....(might not have been BIlldozer, but it was one of my games in CHZ LG) -

I doubt if the defensive player recovers the ball during the scrum...he has possession long enough to constitute the offensive team getting a 1st down...via a fumble recovery. Its a flaw in the game. Period.
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 am

Wasn't against me
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Delmas26 wrote:its a flaw in the game....I wouldnt have punted. Nobody has punted to me.

In fact, in my 1st 2 games in CHZ LG this season...I've had Brandon Hiller get the fumble according to the game....and the boxscore reads fumble recovery....

but I never indeed get the ball....

so, stats wise...the play happeed...but in the game...it didnt.

Just a flaw...

Hell, I might have 1 more victory if people punted to me! LOL

but, classy thing to do.....I just wouldn't do it...

Heck, i think it happened in my game vs Billdozer as well...where it said I recovered the fumble...and it gave him a 1st down on a 3rd and 12 or something....(might not have been BIlldozer, but it was one of my games in CHZ LG) -

I doubt if the defensive player recovers the ball during the scrum...he has possession long enough to constitute the offensive team getting a 1st down...via a fumble recovery. Its a flaw in the game. Period.

exactly, its a glitch in the programming that couldn't happen in the NFL, which is why DW punted, because it was the SIM thing to do. But I agree with you, a lot of people wouldn't have done it

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:53 pm

I agree the CPU is too fast to give possession to the D before the pileup, real refs don't do it that fast. But it happens all the time, so I'm not gonna punt not knowing that the other guy would do the same thing. Over time it will even out for and against me, so I take what the CPU dishes out.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:55 pm

phantomshark wrote:I agree the CPU is too fast to give possession to the D before the pileup, real refs don't do it that fast. But it happens all the time, so I'm not gonna punt not knowing that the other guy would do the same thing. Over time it will even out for and against me, so I take what the CPU dishes out.

If the D had possession before the pileup, they would keep the ball, because they would be down by contact as soon as the pileup started

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Yeah refs call possession as soon as they determine it. If they see a guy grab possession before the pileup his team gets the ball. The only times they wait on the ruling is when two guys get there at the same time or the pileup occurs before anyone can clearly grab it, which is the only time the pileup matters because at the bottom guys can wrestle it away...along with some other dirty shit that happens under there lol
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:24 pm

but in madden, its predetermined the moment the cut scene occurs...much like a challenge on the field. just gotta hope it doesn't do that 1st down glitch cause thats pretty retarded.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:but in madden, its predetermined the moment the cut scene occurs...much like a challenge on the field. just gotta hope it doesn't do that 1st down glitch cause thats pretty retarded.

yeah the 1st down is the only problem I have with it, because that obviously couldn't happen in the NFL.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:57 pm

rule time!

actually this happened in team play the other day, think it was me, cp, jmo, saastar, bjcole and fr8train we all witnessed it and just laughed...we were 3rd and goal on their 1 yard line, fumbled, recovered...even though it said they did, and got a first down lol. damned if we kicked that shit, qb sneak!
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Lmao
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:41 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:rule time!

actually this happened in team play the other day, think it was me, cp, jmo, saastar, bjcole and fr8train we all witnessed it and just laughed...we were 3rd and goal on their 1 yard line, fumbled, recovered...even though it said they did, and got a first down lol. damned if we kicked that shit, qb sneak!

Scored a TD as I recall Smile
lol

I think one of us even said, "Make a post about it" Smile lol

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: