* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Just an idea....

+7
bigbuddah
surfnturf90
GREENERRRR
ezweightloss
Child_Please4285
phantomshark
Deathwish22
11 posters

Go down

Just an idea.... Empty Just an idea....

Post by Deathwish22 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:32 pm

Would you guys be for or against automatically advancing after 24 hours if we have 70% of the games played? I don't wanna have anyone's game simmed...but this is just an idea to kick this franchise into high gear. Just a thought. Or should we just keep it the same and advance every 48 hours once we hit 70% like we have been since day 1? Let me know what you guys think.

ONCE AGAIN...THIS IS JUST AN IDEA. If we have more than a couple people against it...then I'm not even going to consider it. I have just noticed it seems to be the same group of guys week after week who always wait until the second day to play their games.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Just an idea.... Empty Re: Just an idea....

Post by phantomshark Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:55 pm

I think 48 hours is better. There's plenty of days I just can't play, or there's a problem with scheduling, and if I get a game simmed because 70% of the games got played when I wasn't playing til the next day, I'd be pissed. If it happened more than once, I'd be gone. I don't like simmed games, even if I'm completely out of it I want to play.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 am

well i can play a game everyday so of course i would love this but realistically not everyone can i think if the completion percentage is 85% we should advance but 70% after one day thats basically moving the franchise to a 24 hour franchise cause most weeks 70% of the games is played the 1st day
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

How is it fair though if you get together with someone and schedule a game for the following day, and then come on and find out it was already advanced? Basically you are making it a 24 hour league and forcing everyone to play inside of 24 hours to not risk a sim, and I know I can't commit to that. Probably 75% of my games are played the 1st day after advance, but I'm not willing to risk having 25% of my games simmed.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 am

i like the idea but with alot of guys living on the east coast people wont be able to play me on mondays or wednesdays when i don't get home to atleast 10 est at the earliest. so i don't wanna run into that but i think we should shoot for making another VIP league next year where people signing up will know that they are joining a lg that advances on an everyday basis

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:47 am

phantomshark wrote:How is it fair though if you get together with someone and schedule a game for the following day, and then come on and find out it was already advanced? Basically you are making it a 24 hour league and forcing everyone to play inside of 24 hours to not risk a sim, and I know I can't commit to that. Probably 75% of my games are played the 1st day after advance, but I'm not willing to risk having 25% of my games simmed.
it just a idea nothing more
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:16 am

its pretty tuff tpo coordinate schedulkes within 48 hours sometimes - it could be really tuff to do in 24 hours - i think as long as we keep moving at the 48 houir pace - we will have over 90% particpation each and every week and we will get to season 10 in lateJULY - early AUG -the pewrfect segui into Madden 12...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by surfnturf90 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:44 am

I'd be up for it, but I think there are some people who would have a problem with it. I agree with EZ, we should try that with the VIP league again next year, but for now it's probably better to stick with what's been working.

surfnturf90
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 am

i think we should keep it how it is. for me i go out and stuff so if i go out and we get to 70% then im screwed. i dont really care about sims tho so if we go to it its all good. i think we should keep it how it is tho.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:04 am

I agree after thinking about it more last night. I think we should just keep it the same. You guys are right. We're moving fine at 90% each week. It was just an idea I had sitting there last night looking at the games left and minus shlarman and surf's game...the other games involved Djgamer and Huff...both who are extremely hard to get ahold of and both have had way too many sims in the last 2 seasons. We're staying the same.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

VIP ran pretty strong like that for the 1st season, then we had to switch to 48 since COD came out and people lost interest.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by ezweightloss Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:34 pm

yeah you did a really good job FF. my team was a beast in that league too. i was pissed when it disbanned. but anyways... i think we can do it next year, we just gotta get the right guys who we know will get their games in on a daily basis.

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:17 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:VIP ran pretty strong like that for the 1st season, then we had to switch to 48 since COD came out and people lost interest.

In actual fact the COD effect actually gave the G a bump in membership!!! - no dout we lost a few players - and some players decreased their committment level - but many LGs got CRUSHED!!!! and were disbaneded by the COD phenominum - so the DIE HARD players (the real quality members of these LGs)- needed a place to play and many came to the MG - so on a NET BASIS i think the COD phenmominum may actually HELP strong organizations such as ours because players that are tired of the "fly by nite" LGs look for a place to play with a track record...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 pm

DW - what about advancing 4 times per week? This would basically add two advances per month but would not really add strain to people - I think. Instead of finishing in mid August - this could push us to early August and give a little buffer time before the release of 12.

Advance on Monday - Wed - Thur - Sat so you have one period of 24 hour turnaround - every Wed night basically is game day.

Thoughts?
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:08 pm

sam22smith wrote:DW - what about advancing 4 times per week? This would basically add two advances per month but would not really add strain to people - I think. Instead of finishing in mid August - this could push us to early August and give a little buffer time before the release of 12.

Advance on Monday - Wed - Thur - Sat so you have one period of 24 hour turnaround - every Wed night basically is game day.

Thoughts?

I made a suggestion similar to this, for next year... having set days for advances, so people in multiple leagues don't forget or get confused on which days which leagues advance (since its constantly changing)...you'd just know you need to get all games in all leagues by Monday, or Wednesdsay its...

If you are doing this, make it so 2 advances are on the weekend.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:53 pm

sam22smith wrote:DW - what about advancing 4 times per week? This would basically add two advances per month but would not really add strain to people - I think. Instead of finishing in mid August - this could push us to early August and give a little buffer time before the release of 12.

Thoughts?

I don't like having a 24 hour period for an advance. I'm just worried that would cause too many problems. I think we just continue every 48 hours...that is still guaranteed 3 games a week...sometimes 4.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Just an idea.... Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah the flexibility of 48hrs is good I think. I do like the next day adv when theres 100% participation, however rare.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Yeah...the 100% advancement is rare...we normally have 1 or 2 per a 16 week season.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum