* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players

+11
COsMiCTrAvO
slickmonkyz
phantomshark
sam22smith
falconfansince81
saastar
BiLlDoZeR_27
GREENERRRR
mblammers
Cheddah_Cheez
Fr8trainShane
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players Empty CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Instead of continuing the old thread, I'm going to create this new one, because of the new element...

I'd suggest that instead of awarding people with CPU games, that we start using substitute players.
There are enough MG members online, all the time, that we can do this.

There are 2 ways to do it.

1) You have assigned subs. You contact the assigned subs for each league, and they play the CPU game that your opponent misses.
2) Its random. Sometimes you might get me, other times you might get CP, Jmo, or FF... who knows. Whoever is online, and answers the call.

No more drama.
No more whining about SIM injuries being too high a percentage.
You get to play a LIVE PERSON....which is why you all say you are in these leagues.
And If you say you don't have time to play a sub game, then you didn't have time to play the Real game to begin with, and you should just SIM the entire game....

What do you think?

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players Empty Re: CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:Instead of continuing the old thread, I'm going to create this new one, because of the new element...

I'd suggest that instead of awarding people with CPU games, that we start using substitute players.

1) You have assigned subs. You contact the assigned subs for each league, and they play the CPU game that your opponent misses.
2) Its random. Sometimes you might get me, other times you might get CP, Jmo, or FF... who knows. Whoever is online, and answers the call.

No more drama.
You get to play a LIVE PERSON....which is why you all say you are in these leagues.
And If you say you don't have time to play a sub game, then you didn't have time to play the Real game to begin with, and you should just SIM the entire game....

What do you think?

I like it
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players Empty Re: CPU Games No More....Time for Substitute Players

Post by mblammers Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

works for me.
seems troublesome from a practical standpoint, but it sounds to me like Shane is volunteering to run this sub program. so no worries Laughing

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:42 pm

why should i play some1 other than the player i was schedule to play? are they gonna be the same skill level?

I dont jerk around restartn CPU games... I play my game - and take my injuries...

Perhaps - u could make this idea work by you get 1 chance to play the CPU game - but any start after the 1st has to be played vs a substitute player - i could live with that - because it wouldnt effect me - it only would effect guys who gratuitously restart CPU games because they get an injury...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Great Idea. I like it.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Fr8trainShane wrote:Instead of continuing the old thread, I'm going to create this new one, because of the new element...

No more drama.

What do you think?

i dont like it.. bc i feel if i waited the 32 hrs to play my gm and my opponent has been to busy to get the gm in then i should be awarded the cpu gm... and not have to sit there and wait on day 2.. the day before the advance to see which random mg member i have to play.. when i derserve the cpu bc i was actually trying to contact my opponent and get the gm in and he was no where to be found or on this advancement had other stuff to do... next madden this yr is just way out of hand how they made injuries to players.. bc it always seems every other gm there is an player getting hurt with an stupid injury and being out an long time.. so i think its an great idea to turn off injuries for that gm so that the person who couldnt make the gm this advancement dont get injuries they dont deserve..

with the whole sub another mg member.. i would rather just sim the gm and possibly get the W or L and it be 50/50 then have to possibly play the same people over and over. when there is an sub gm.. like everyone in the mg has people they dont like facing.. as do i.. so if the sub player is an person i dont like bc of the way he plays or just bc of something else that happened else then i would just let the gm be simmed..

finally i again think we are trying to hard to make to many rules... if u want to put an thing on restarts against the cpu fine.. make it like 2.. if u want to have people stop crying bc injuries get turned off during cpu bc its the right thing to do then fine.. live them on so people stop crying.. but i wouldnt eliminate cpu gms... and do random mg members being fill ins...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:why should i play some1 other than the player i was schedule to play? are they gonna be the same skill level?

I dont jerk around restartn CPU games... I play my game - and take my injuries...

Perhaps - u could make this idea work by you get 1 chance to play the CPU game - but any start after the 1st has to be played vs a substitute player - i could live with that - because it wouldnt effect me - it only would effect guys who gratuitously restart CPU games because they get an injury...

+1 my point exactly.. just make restarts against the like 1 or 2...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 pm

i thought there was only one person complaining about it? i really don't care either way, i'd much rather play a human opp than the cpu so i like the idea personally.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:57 pm

ok i over exaggerate.. on saying people...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 pm

saastar wrote:
i dont like it.. bc i feel if i waited the 32 hrs to play my gm and my opponent has been to busy to get the gm in then i should be awarded the cpu gm... and not have to sit there and wait on day 2.. the day before the advance to see which random mg member i have to play.. when i derserve the cpu bc i was actually trying to contact my opponent and get the gm in and he was no where to be found or on this advancement had other stuff to do... next madden this yr is just way out of hand how they made injuries to players.. bc it always seems every other gm there is an player getting hurt with an stupid injury and being out an long time.. so i think its an great idea to turn off injuries for that gm so that the person who couldnt make the gm this advancement dont get injuries they dont deserve..

with the whole sub another mg member.. i would rather just sim the gm and possibly get the W or L and it be 50/50 then have to possibly play the same people over and over. when there is an sub gm.. like everyone in the mg has people they dont like facing.. as do i.. so if the sub player is an person i dont like bc of the way he plays or just bc of something else that happened else then i would just let the gm be simmed..

finally i again think we are trying to hard to make to many rules... if u want to put an thing on restarts against the cpu fine.. make it like 2.. if u want to have people stop crying bc injuries get turned off during cpu bc its the right thing to do then fine.. live them on so people stop crying.. but i wouldnt eliminate cpu gms... and do random mg members being fill ins...

Thats a pretty weak argument. The point is to play a live person, and avoid CPU games. Which is why we are all here. Since the subs could be random people, you never know who you'd see. How would it be any different than you being matched up against them in a league game that was schedule? It is what it is. Maybe the random member sub is the way to go, so u don't face the same person over and over.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:14 pm

scratch

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:16 pm

AS FAR AS INJURIES GO - I DONT THINK INJURIES HAPPEN TOO MUCH in this game - if anything its underweighted compared to what actually happens on NFL rosters... and although injuries have cost me SB chances - it would suntract from SIM play to have them turned off - but having said that we cant have guys manipulating the game to avoid injuries either - THAT IS 100% BS...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sam22smith Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:32 pm

I'd rather get pounded by FF than play a CPU game. Fr8train subbed in for kavorka one time against me in CHZ league. I'm on board with this all the way.

I will gladly be a sub - weekend nights are the only realistic time for me to be a sub but I will let the commishes know when I am on and available to sub in. Also - I will request sub players. Like when Iivan was on vacation and I played the CPU in DW league - I would have rather played a person - and I bet Iivan would rather have people playing with his team rather than the stupid CPU.

This system would work very well when people are on planned vacations - we should at least try to implement it on that basis first.
sam22smith
sam22smith
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

The sub rule would make so many of these other arguments moot. Here's how I suggest we run it:

It the main section of the MG, we have a list of subs. Numbered. When someone can't make a game, you ask their opponent when they want to play (have a certain minimum time frame, like you have to give the commish at least 2 hours to get the sub). So he says, I can play Tuesday at 10pm est. The commish texts the first guy on the list who is not playing in the same league and conference as the person missing (same league opposite conference is ok if the person doesn't mind, or you could make a rule no one in the same league period) and says can you play Tuesday at 10pm? If he says yes, game on. If he says no, go to the next person on the list. Once he finds a guy, he posts 'Contacted #1, #2, skipped #3 same conf, #4 will sub' and whoever is running the list will move #1, #2, and #4 to the bottom of the list, #3 will stay because he was skipped. I'd volunteer to run this list if you want, and I'd certainly volunteer as a sub.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm

sam22smith wrote:I'd rather get pounded by FF than play a CPU game. Fr8train subbed in for kavorka one time against me in CHZ league. I'm on board with this all the way.

I will gladly be a sub - weekend nights are the only realistic time for me to be a sub but I will let the commishes know when I am on and available to sub in. Also - I will request sub players. Like when Iivan was on vacation and I played the CPU in DW league - I would have rather played a person - and I bet Iivan would rather have people playing with his team rather than the stupid CPU.

This system would work very well when people are on planned vacations - we should at least try to implement it on that basis first.

I agree 100%.
Hell I stayed up way too late last night to play our game to avoid a CPU game lol... like I said, I'd rather lose to a live person than win against the CPU. Thats why we are all here.

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

phantomshark wrote:The sub rule would make so many of these other arguments moot. Here's how I suggest we run it:

It the main section of the MG, we have a list of subs. Numbered. When someone can't make a game, you ask their opponent when they want to play (have a certain minimum time frame, like you have to give the commish at least 2 hours to get the sub). So he says, I can play Tuesday at 10pm est. The commish texts the first guy on the list who is not playing in the same league and conference as the person missing (same league opposite conference is ok if the person doesn't mind, or you could make a rule no one in the same league period) and says can you play Tuesday at 10pm? If he says yes, game on. If he says no, go to the next person on the list. Once he finds a guy, he posts 'Contacted #1, #2, skipped #3 same conf, #4 will sub' and whoever is running the list will move #1, #2, and #4 to the bottom of the list, #3 will stay because he was skipped. I'd volunteer to run this list if you want, and I'd certainly volunteer as a sub.

wow. nice suggestion. thanks phantom.

I would also volunteer to sub. Besides, I'm almost as easy to beat as the CPU, so there should be no problems.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 pm

mblammers wrote:
phantomshark wrote:The sub rule would make so many of these other arguments moot. Here's how I suggest we run it:

wow. nice suggestion. thanks phantom.

I would also volunteer to sub. Besides, I'm almost as easy to beat as the CPU, so there should be no problems.

Nice suggestion with it being out of conference out of the league...I like it.

I'd be on this list Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:20 pm

sign me up.. sounds good,, theold lady iis goin to florida so im good the next couple weeks, if u get a section to post . ill post my # and the times i am available and what mg lgs im in ,, when she gets back the hours i can play obviously change..lol
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

this rule is handicaping the guys that have been doing things right (guys that play their CPU games and accept their injuries)... It a good fix for the guys who restart CPU games consistantly - but not fair to come down on the guys who have had the uptmost integrity in this issue...

Of course i would rather play a human than the CPU - but the CPU game is no doubt an EZ win - so if i was in a tight playoff race - and lost to a `sub` player - this would suck big time - not to mention it rewards the player who has not been available to play the game with a win (where he deserves a loss because he was unavailble to play)...

This idea would get my UNEQUIVICAL SUPPORT - and i would be its biggest promoter IF IT CAME INTO PLACE AFTER THE 1ST GAME WAS PLAYED... if you restart a CPU game - u must play a `sub`player or if you prefer not to play the CPU - u can play a `sub` player right away - thats up to you.... but not fair to come down on guys who have been playing out their CPU games like they should be (BY ACCEPTING AND LIVING WITH THEIR INJURIES)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:48 pm

both sides make good points .. i for 1 would rather play somebody on the other end,, maybe give the one who has a computer gm the option of playin against a real player,,
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:59 pm

slickmonkyz wrote:both sides make good points .. i for 1 would rather play somebody on the other end,, maybe give the one who has a computer gm the option of playin against a real player,,

thats what i am sayn - if you have shown that you accept your injuries when u play the CPU - then u should be allowed to continue the way we have been playn CPU games - but if you are a player who has restarted games consistantly in the past - clearly playing a SUB players makes more sense to you- because its obvious you despise playn the CPU and would porefer to play a SUB anyway
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:this rule is handicaping the guys that have been doing things right (guys that play their CPU games and accept their injuries)... It a good fix for the guys who restart CPU games consistantly - but not fair to come down on the guys who have had the uptmost integrity in this issue...

Of course i would rather play a human than the CPU - but the CPU game is no doubt an EZ win - so if i was in a tight playoff race - and lost to a `sub` player - this would suck big time - not to mention it rewards the player who has not been available to play the game with a win (where he deserves a loss because he was unavailble to play)...

This idea would get my UNEQUIVICAL SUPPORT - and i would be its biggest promoter IF IT CAME INTO PLACE AFTER THE 1ST GAME WAS PLAYED... if you restart a CPU game - u must play a `sub`player or if you prefer not to play the CPU - u can play a `sub` player right away - thats up to you.... but not fair to come down on guys who have been playing out their CPU games like they should be (BY ACCEPTING AND LIVING WITH THEIR INJURIES)

The more important point is that guys join the MG to play PEOPLE not the CPU. So why should you want a CPU gm in the first place? To me, I'd rather a loss than play the CPU...in fact in Surf's lg I've taken many losses rather than play the CPU...so if the goal of the group is playing PEOPLE, this would solve that. The guys playing would be unbiased, since they come from a pool of players not in that particular league, so there are no problems with that. All this sounds like is that the guys are against it are trying to sneak out as many free wins as possible.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:06 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:
slickmonkyz wrote:both sides make good points .. i for 1 would rather play somebody on the other end,, maybe give the one who has a computer gm the option of playin against a real player,,

thats what i am sayn - if you have shown that you accept your injuries when u play the CPU - then u should be allowed to continue the way we have been playn CPU games - but if you are a player who has restarted games consistantly in the past - clearly playing a SUB players makes more sense to you- because its obvious you despise playn the CPU and would porefer to play a SUB anyway

Greenerrr your argument for the compromise makes no sense...if you allowed subs from guys that restart, they could still escape any injuries that happen in their first attempt. If we have subs, we can be sure no one skips on injuries, and no one will ever have to play a CPU game. Problem solved.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 pm

How about a compromise? Person can choose to play sub or CPU, but if he chooses CPU it's 1 start only, after that start he takes the sim result.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Cheddah_Cheez wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:

Greenerrr your argument for the compromise makes no sense...if you allowed subs from guys that restart, they could still escape any injuries that happen in their first attempt. If we have subs, we can be sure no one skips on injuries, and no one will ever have to play a CPU game. Problem solved.

it makes complete sense if you are one of the guys who never skirts a CPU game injury... and by INSISTING U PLAY A SUB IN A 2ND GAME ATTEMPT - the UNDERHANDED CHEATERS could have the chance to avoid injuries by quiting the 1st game - BUT IT WILL BE CLEAR WHO IS MANIPULATING THE SYSTEM - if u ask for a sub after u played the 1st CPU game more than 2 or 3 times - i would say you were up to something (even though u cant proove it) - because if you truely wanted a sub, why wouldnt u ask for it initiually?

The bottom line - u shouldnt screw over guys that have been 100% ethical about CPU games - they deserve to carry on with how they hve done things - THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG....

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next