* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule

+2
phantomshark
Icebreaker009
6 posters

Go down

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule Empty Can someone clarify the 4th down rule

Post by Icebreaker009 Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:45 am

I just played Ace and we were in the 4th quarter with about 5 min left and I was down by 7. So it came to a 4th and 2 on the 49 yard line. So being down, and realizing he held the ball for almost all of the 3rd quarter on a very long drive I went for it and got the first down. Ace then tells me to "read the rules bro" but the only thing I can find on the 4th down rule is u r allowed to go 4 it if u are 4th and inches or down in the final quarter. So we continue to play and I tie up the game at 14. Ace gets the ball back and drives to about my 40 yard line and I stuff heim on 3rd and long. He then decides to go for the 4th and long while we r tied and gets the first and ultimately wins the game. So I just want to know what is the rule on 4th down?
Icebreaker009
Icebreaker009
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule Empty Re: Can someone clarify the 4th down rule

Post by phantomshark Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:01 am

Both 4th downs were ok, your because you were down in the 4th, his because 4th and anything is ok on opponents side of field.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule Empty Re: Can someone clarify the 4th down rule

Post by ezweightloss Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:41 am

phantomshark wrote:Both 4th downs were ok, your because you were down in the 4th, his because 4th and anything is ok on opponents side of field.

+1

ezweightloss
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:29 am

phantomshark wrote:Both 4th downs were ok, your because you were down in the 4th, his because 4th and anything is ok on opponents side of field.

?? i thought his was ok.. but i thought the new rule was it had to be 4th and 5 or less from ur opponents territory??

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:15 am

ezweightloss wrote:

+1

+2
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:15 am

saastar wrote:

?? i thought his was ok.. but i thought the new rule was it had to be 4th and 5 or less from ur opponents territory??

Not in the 4th quarter if you're down. If you're losing in the 4th quarter you can go for it on fourth down wherever you are on the field.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Post by Icebreaker009 Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:21 pm

So we can go for 4th down in a tie game as long as you are in your opponents territory?
Icebreaker009
Icebreaker009
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathwish22 Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Correct. BUT ONLY IN 4TH QUARTER.
Deathwish22
Deathwish22
All-Madden
All-Madden

Back to top Go down

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Deathwish22 wrote:Correct. BUT ONLY IN 4TH QUARTER.

Cool man thanks for that clarification. That info helps me out.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by phantomshark Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:15 pm

No, you can go for it in opponents territory anytime. You can go for it in your own territory only when you are down in the 4th quarter. There are no longer any distinctions made for distance I don't think. This really needs to get put into the 'official sim rules' post, I can no longer find the post that references this.

phantomshark
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Can someone clarify the 4th down rule Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:33 pm

phantomshark wrote:No, you can go for it in opponents territory anytime. You can go for it in your own territory only when you are down in the 4th quarter. There are no longer any distinctions made for distance I don't think. This really needs to get put into the 'official sim rules' post, I can no longer find the post that references this.

Def because now I'm a little confused. Question
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum