* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Giants and Titans (Season 3)

4 posters

Go down

Giants and Titans (Season 3) Empty Giants and Titans (Season 3)

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 am

Giants trade:

1st rd pick

Titans trade:

DE Julius peppers
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Giants and Titans (Season 3) Empty Re: Giants and Titans (Season 3)

Post by coward1984 Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 am

confirm
coward1984
coward1984
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 pm

I gotta say this is kind of a sketchy trade to me. I swear I'm not trying to start shit, but it doesn't quite pass the smell test to me.

Can somebody let me know if they think this is kosher?:

It is my understanding that during the draft, Cheddah (the commish) inadvertently missed a pause request from Coward in the second round (I know this b/c I was the one who was supposed to give my 2nd to coward) because there was no pause, the CPU picked a RG

Coward said something like wtf Cheddah! you fucked me!
Cheddah says, "sorry bro. I'll make it up to you"....and then..."tell you what, I'll give you my 1st round pick next year."

Coward then says "that's cool thanks. I'll give you Peppers to make it even."

For some reason to me this doesn't pass the smell test. I'm not saying that there is sneaky dealing, or bad intentions. But I think the Peppers transaction is not a "trade" at all.

In fact, in a legal sense, this would fail for "lack of consideration". In other words, Coward already had Cheddah's 1st round pick. Therefore, he wasn't receiving anything of value in return when he decided to give up Peppers.
I think we all agree that if a team trades a player, especially a player of Peppers ability, there should be value received.

What do you think? Do I have a point? Nit-picking?

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:57 pm

mblammers wrote:I gotta say this is kind of a sketchy trade to me. I swear I'm not trying to start shit, but it doesn't quite pass the smell test to me.

Can somebody let me know if they think this is kosher?:

It is my understanding that during the draft, Cheddah (the commish) inadvertently missed a pause request from Coward in the second round (I know this b/c I was the one who was supposed to give my 2nd to coward) because there was no pause, the CPU picked a RG

Coward said something like wtf Cheddah! you fucked me!
Cheddah says, "sorry bro. I'll make it up to you"....and then..."tell you what, I'll give you my 1st round pick next year."

Coward then says "that's cool thanks. I'll give you Peppers to make it even."

For some reason to me this doesn't pass the smell test. I'm not saying that there is sneaky dealing, or bad intentions. But I think the Peppers transaction is not a "trade" at all.

In fact, in a legal sense, this would fail for "lack of consideration". In other words, Coward already had Cheddah's 1st round pick. Therefore, he wasn't receiving anything of value in return when he decided to give up Peppers.
I think we all agree that if a team trades a player, especially a player of Peppers ability, there should be value received.

What do you think? Do I have a point? Nit-picking?

Alright... I don't need any opinions. I am nit-picking. I just looked at Peppers attributes. He is not the guy I thought he was. Forget what I said above.

Nothing to see here. I'll erase this soon. lol sorry for wasting your time

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:59 pm

i still wonder how peppers gets a 68 tackle and 62 block shed...the guys a legend.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down