* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

schloer419 in DW LG

Go down

schloer419 in DW LG Empty schloer419 in DW LG

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:01 am

Well after last weeks special teams debaucle (BS, Rubberband AI, possible KR cheesing...whatever it may have been) coupled with the significant injuries to their primary receiver Anquan Boldin in week 2, followed by the anchor of their rushing game going down, all of America was wondering if the San Diego Superchargers could continue their winning ways. Well the questions have been answered ladies. The Chargers are back on their game and continue to win despite a makeshift line and virtually no threats through the air.

All kidding aside. I played the Cards this week. I didn't really know what to expect this game...but I never blow out my opponents so I knew I'd have to be on my game, despite Schloer419's 0-3 record. It helped that DW mentioned that a couple of his games were simmed so I had a feeling that his record might not have been indicative of his skill. Offensively he's got some nice weapons. Percy Harvin is a killer route runner and shook one of my best Corners and then split two defenders for a late score to start making things interesting. What I noticed about his offense (and I may be wrong bc most of the time I was on defense I was trying to figure out what I should do next possession) was that when Harvin is lined up on the short side of the field it's usually a crossing pattern. When he's lined up in a trio set with Harvin in the Trio, its usually a Post route. He also looks to throw to best out of the backfield, but not always in the flats. He rarely runs the ball, but he's not too bad at it when he does. Up until the mid point in the third he only had 5 rushing attempts for something like 11 yds. But then with the score at 14-7 (right after the Harvin TD) he hit me with a nice counter play as I foolishly did a strong side blitz with my two best LBs, and took it for a 40yd TD.

On defense, he likes to blitz...a lot. He throws in a lot of combo blitzes and user controlled one of the blitzers each time. He was constantly in my face before deep routes could develop. His go to is a bump n run coverage audible combined with multiple blitzers (one of them being a user controlled nano blitzer. Thankfully I've played tons of people like that before and knew what I was doing. For those of you who don't. If you weren't one of the idiots who invested solely in speed and got a big physical receiver like I did (Bowe) call a quick route and beat him in the single coverage. Strong receivers tend to shed bumps easily...especially from corners who aren't rated that high and just have speed. Anyway, by audibling to quick routes, using screens, flats, hooks, drags, and every other quick route I could think to audible to, I was able to get him on his heels, which caused him to ease up his blitzing a little. Of course, when this happened I was able to mix in a deep route here or there and move the ball. Other than that, good luck running the ball if you have an average back like I do, because he's super aggressive against the run (obv with all the blitzing) and controls the linebacker really well, shooting the gap. He does tend to over pursue plays at times that can leave him susceptible to the cut-back if you have a back agile enough to work that out. It was a good game though, finished at 21-14 after an impressive almost-atr-long drive to end the third move into the 4th by me, and then a User-pick on the following possession to put it away. Def a good game.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum