* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

turbo on turbo off

+4
johnnylagz17
tomer629
Elnino713
videogameprojr
8 posters

Go down

do u want turbo on or off 4 league?

turbo on turbo off  Vote_lcap50%turbo on turbo off  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
turbo on turbo off  Vote_lcap40%turbo on turbo off  Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
turbo on turbo off  Vote_lcap10%turbo on turbo off  Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

turbo on turbo off  Empty turbo on turbo off

Post by videogameprojr Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:53 pm

my oppinion turbo off
videogameprojr
videogameprojr

Back to top Go down

turbo on turbo off  Empty Re: turbo on turbo off

Post by Elnino713 Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:31 am

turbo off for sure, there are situations where i don't turbo on purpose, adds a little more skill to the run game turbo on is for newbies tbh!

Elnino713

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Elnino713 wrote:turbo off for sure, there are situations where i don't turbo on purpose, adds a little more skill to the run game turbo on is for newbies tbh!

I disagree. Turbo adds more variety to the running game. If you just hit the turbo every time your RB gets the ball you wont do very well. You have to jog behind your blockers and let them set up, and THEN hit the turbo through the hole. IMO it adds another level of skill to the game in that you have to actually time it right and think about when you want to use it. If you use it at the wrong time it will hurt you, if you use it at the right time it will help you. You need to have the SKILL to use it at the right time.

Either way I will be happy, I admit I am a little interested in playing with no turbo, it would deffinately be different, but I vote Turbo On like it has always been.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:01 pm

like tomer..

having the choice when n where / who / how to use the turbo is part of the skill as a madden gamer...bet using it wrong has cost alot of good players games...

I don't trust the pc with my turbo or w/e they do with the speed movement of players but I'm reluctant to rely on the idea of building up speed

not having the option wont kill me Ill adapt as we all would but I dont think it makes it more sim I think it just makes it easier for other players to compete with guys who have the turbo use down

also ..picture a guy wide open ..your cbs right there .. balls thrown to early to a spot the wr isn't at yet on say a short come back route , you can beat him there with turbo .. like in the nfl the guy would just pounce on the ball

- but now your cb whose a zone and tackle/ cb whose speed is very low for a cb ... does the cpu get him to that ball that you would have gotten to if you could hit turbo ?

that's what bothers me .. that's just an example of course..

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Put it this way. Would you trust the CPU to do all your jukes? All your spin moves? My don't we let the CPU decide which player to throw it to while we are at it.

I would be ok with a NO TURBO option

but from the way I read the options screen, it sounds like its either user controlled turbo, or CPU controlled. You cant completely turn it off. Maybe im wrong. I would love a confirmation on what the option does from EA, but Im sure we will never get that.

tomer629
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm

exactly .. and that just takes more of the game out of our hands and into the games .. soon the game will just play itself ..

its already calling your players , blocking , running routes , you know everything you don't do already now add in the idea your not calling the plays or using the speed burst

... its leveling the playing field and making it more important to have a good team instead of being able to be a good gamer.. think about it

rookies have the coaches game plan.. I use to love planning out ok I use this play now and hit him with this after if it works and yada yada.. like run run p/a deep , run , screen , slant you get the idea .. now others who cant game plan they're going ok bomb bomb bomb qb sneak! damn didn't work...

now they have the AI giving them a way to even the playing field ...

turbo involves skill to use , you give it to the cpu like tomer said and I get nervous , you actually turn it off and end up with relying on the players ratings then answer me this ...

- who out runs who an 88 de or an 88 wr ? real life the wr , madden ..who ever madden decides uses the turbo first..or if it's off ..well my heads about to explode trying to figure out how a de would do that but I bet it'd happen more than ever in the nfl lol

... these new additions take more of the game away from the gamer .. I'm minorly concerned though since it was just a demo and news..let's see the actual game before we make any votes that count...
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Im down with Turbo on. As tomer eluded to I like the variety it adds to the gameplay. The gameplay already seemed slow enough on the demo.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aug17 Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:20 pm

is turbo a new feature?? is it the same as Speed burst?

Aug17

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Aug17 wrote:is turbo a new feature?? is it the same as Speed burst?

yha thats the same thing AUG17
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

turbo on turbo off  Empty turbo

Post by morrisbrown94doc Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:59 pm

i'm not a GREAT player..but always liked having turbo...so i say yes for it

morrisbrown94doc

Back to top Go down