* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Madden 12 info...

+4
Rui_F
Child_Please4285
Fr8trainShane
falconfansince81
8 posters

Go down

Madden 12 info... Empty Madden 12 info...

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 am

this was a good read on presentation/authenticity:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/major-presentation-graphical-upgrades

vague gameplay description:

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/first-look-gameplay

specifics on the new collision based tackle system

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5607176.page

was hoping for a video like ncaa12 did, but apparently this was the big unveiling moment for m12.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Madden 12 info... Empty Re: Madden 12 info...

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:27 pm

As is always the case, I read the reviews and reports and I get all excited.....
Who knows until we see it live right? lol

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I Must say im excited but i have to see for myself. Not to mention Ian Cumming quit for a reason lets see why
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:47 pm

he quit so they wouldn't fire him just looks nicer on your resume, lol.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:11 pm

i dont know if you got a chance to see, but they posted a presentation and gameplay video as well. gotta say, i'm actually aboard to hype train looks like EA really went all out in attempting to improve gameplay and presentation. here are the vids...

gameplay
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/videos/...fl-12-gameplay

presentation
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/videos/...001165140aRCRD

they even got grass stains, field paint, and helmet scuffs that progress through the course of a game along with progressive lighting and field degradation. bout damn time, really curious to play the demo and see how well this momentum based tackle system is. hopefully psn will be up by august.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr8trainShane Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:11 pm

neither link works FF....way to fuck with our heads Smile

Fr8trainShane
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 pm

im not sure if this should be its own topic but ill put it in here. with all the new info coming out on the changes and improvements they are making for the game what do u guys think will happen to fantasy drafts for next years franchises. i kno its a lil early i jus want to spark up conversation.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:05 pm

its kinda interesting , i will use my draft strategy from last year in next year.

During the first fantasy draft, I would draft faster and smaller WR's due to the imbalance in speed on teams with the initial fantasy draft. Overall Ill draft faster players. Then as the season progress Ill draft more athletic players because the rookie drafts will balance the teams out more. The athletic players would mean: bigger WR's, great catching and hitting LB's, Great Catching DB's and Safetys and so on. But this strategy can change depending on what ratings become more relevant in madden 12.
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 pm

yea well i kno ima have to go younger than i did the first 2 fantasy drafts but if blockin is any similar to apf 2k8 o line will mean a hell of alot more but ill see when the game gets in my hands

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:36 am

bigbuddah wrote:yea well i kno ima have to go younger than i did the first 2 fantasy drafts but if blockin is any similar to apf 2k8 o line will mean a hell of alot more but ill see when the game gets in my hands

nahhh Oline means nothing... watch all the FF videos and leave all the solid oline / FB for me to draft while you spend your picks on CBs with spd and man coverage skills...

i am skeptical about these promises - they actually sound vaguely familar - i bet if we look at last few years previews the same things would have been promnised and not delivered... but who knows? Maybe human resource moves have made things work better thsi year...

1 thing did jump our at me - NO IMPROVEMENTS MENTIONED FOR ONLINE FRANCHISE - didnt they say they left out improvements to Online Franchise for Madden 11 (in terms of Salary Cap/team budget, player contracts, depth of stats, trading draft pics and widening the setting for individual LGs like the trade deadline) Didnt they promised to widen Online Franchise for Madden 12???? (in actuality they said that these were "server side" improvements that they could possibly get into the game b4 Madden 12... I guess we know how that turned out!)- if they could just address simple things like what i mentioned - i would be happy and i am willing to bet it would take 15% of the resources they put into this PROTAK new system (but wait its not really new - thought they fixed that last year???) lol

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:48 am

just looked up some old reviews we had archivved for Madden 11 (back when the demo for Madden 11 was just released...) - funny the same topics are beiong discussed now - and the big unveil of EA was their Game flow system - gee that was a great success!!!! It amazeds me how SONY comes up with these "stellar" ideas and ditch on great SIM ideas like the QB passing cone!!!!

Anyhoiw - here is a small quote taken directly out of the Q aned A portion of the review for Madden 11 demo - sound familar? lol!!!

How is the AI, specifically in the secondary?

The A.I. is much improved this year and while just as on NCAA Football 11 you will be able to beat down the computer on the lower difficulty settings, once you move that difficulty level up prepare to play hard every game and that’s good because it keeps you engaged more of the time. When watching the secondary players on instant replay they seem to be playing their receiver reacting to his movements.

what a joke - who ever wrotye thios has to be on EA payroll... you can re-read the entire preview on the link below - another thing that jumped out at me wasd the IMPROVED GRAPHICS - the same reviewers keep spoutying the same ACCOLADES for enhanced graphics - STOP WASTING YOUR DEVELOPMENTAL RESOURCES ON UNIMPORTRANT DETAILS - idc if the fans in the stand look realistic! Idc if i see Payton Manning coming off the bus pre-game!, Idc that the fans sing the washing redskins "fight song" after they score, idc if the fans have detailled banners and signs supporting their team - ALL THIS IS BS! give substance! I want improvements on the field - Often developers spend more time "making the colour of shoe laces" correct when they get the fundementals of te game wrong - THESE SORT OF DETAILS SHOULD ONLY BE A CONCERN ONCE EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME IS PERFECTED...

anyhow here is the link to he old madden 11 demo review...

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2010/07/23/madden-nfl-11-demo-impressions/
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:26 am

just go to easports.com/madden all vids are posted there idk why link aren't working.

oline will still be meaningless, so let greener waste his draft picks as i blow him away in rushing yards like i always do with my 60 ovr oline Smile

yes, talk is cheap...so we'll wait to get our hands on the demo. BUT, what i LIKE is they are addressing core gameplay fundamentals and at least acknowledging an attempt to improve the awful tackling system. pro tak was a joke and i'm glad its being scrapped, and for ONLINE FRANCHISE those updates will be announced in may i believe. there is supposedly a week by week progression system as well...but time will tell, i think it at least looks more promising than scat-pad and game-flow.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:44 am

In one of the interviews the lead guy specifically mentions vacuum blocking as something they are working on so if they do fix that I think they will have to revamp the oline AI or else people will get blown up on every play.
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:06 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:oline will still be meaningless, so let greener waste his draft picks as i blow him away in rushing yards like i always do with my 60 ovr oline Smile

dude - i mean no disrespect - but in every lg i have played in -= in almost every season of the LG, i have been the leading rushing team... - (i may not have had the LEAGUES LEADING RUSHER - but from a team perspective i have always been the #1 leading rusher) - This distinction is for a couple reasons -MOST NOTRABLY I RUSH THE MOST!!!! but in addition to the obvious, I have traded the leading rusher away more than ounce in the middle of the regular season (beannie Wells lest year in cheddahs LG) and i use a RB by committee approoach to my run game -= i find that RBs are more effective WHEN THEY ARE FRESH - so i like to have a rotation of players at RB - this tacticv subtracts from individual rushing accomplishments but helps the team in its overall goal...

I do concede that i rush that ball more than most guys therefore INTUITIVELY i should have the highest rushing yards - but for FF to say, "i blow him away in rushing yards like i always do" - is simply FALSE...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:10 pm

falconfansince81 wrote:yes, talk is cheap...so we'll wait to get our hands on the demo. BUT, what i LIKE is they are addressing core gameplay fundamentals and at least acknowledging an attempt to improve the awful tackling system. pro tak was a joke and i'm glad its being scrapped, and for ONLINE FRANCHISE those updates will be announced in may i believe. there is supposedly a week by week progression system as well...but time will tell, i think it at least looks more promising than scat-pad and game-flow.

glad to hear that there is going to be an investment in ONLINE FRANCHISE form of play - they gave us nothing in madden 11 and promised they would in the future - the future is quickly approaching...

GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:30 pm

GREENERRRR wrote:I do concede that i rush that ball more than most guys therefore INTUITIVELY i should have the highest rushing yards - but for FF to say, "i blow him away in rushing yards like i always do" - is simply FALSE...

my YPC is always higher, which is based of probably 20% less runs. you only pass the ball 5-10 times a game so of course your total will be higher (although in dw i think im still leading in rushing yards, again), my point is i'm more efficient with an oline i literally put together in FA after a rookie draft. if the ratings mattered i shouldn't be able to churn out more than 2 ypc but i still average around 5.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 am

falconfansince81 wrote:
GREENERRRR wrote:I do concede that i rush that ball more than most guys therefore INTUITIVELY i should have the highest rushing yards - but for FF to say, "i blow him away in rushing yards like i always do" - is simply FALSE...

my YPC is always higher, which is based of probably 20% less runs. you only pass the ball 5-10 times a game so of course your total will be higher (although in dw i think im still leading in rushing yards, again), my point is i'm more efficient with an oline i literally put together in FA after a rookie draft. if the ratings mattered i shouldn't be able to churn out more than 2 ypc but i still average around 5.

well you should said i BLOW HIM AWAY IN YARDS PER CARRY - which of course the way i game planputs me at a disadvantage - i run the ball 70% of the time - i dont hide the fact that i am going to run the ball - I face 9-10 men in the box every game - but most of the time i still run the ball successfully...

the fact of the matter is that defenses know i am going to run - and defend accordingly - this going to bring down my YPC significantly - but i dont even know what the YPC #'s are - but i highly doubt U BLOW ME AWAY IN YPC - not sure what constitutes blowing some1 away - but i am certain if you made the calculation no reasonable persoon would say "u BLEW ME AWAY" and thats despite the inherent disadvantages my run game faces due to the direct - no bs - mano o mano - smash mouth approach i take advantage in my my game planning....

as far as the stat intecurentseason of DW lg go - that is no indicative of a typical season for my run game i have had 4 SIM games (which is 70% of all thye SIM games ihave had in all the 9 LGs i have been withion the MG - i just became disenchanted with DW LG the w3ay every1 was quiting - and if my appointment didnt contact me to schedule a game - i didntr bother to schedule one with him - I am not proud of this - but thats the way i deal with frusturation in that LG) but if i played thesegames that were SIMED i am certain that my rushing stats would be on par with previous years - which u can easily see anyhow on the extreme site
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:55 am

actually have some concrete stats for you...

2012 season In Chz's LG -i had a 5.6 average and FF and the COLYTS had a 5.1 average (of course i lead the LG in total rushing)...

and the 2011 season in CHZ LG... I WAS THIRD AT in YPC at 6.3... and FF and the COLTS were 4th at 5.9 TPC - and once again i lead the league in rushing...

2014 in DW LG - the last full season - i was 4th in YPC (of course i was first in total rushing yards) and the Falcons (who is FF team) was a marginal 17th in this category...

2013 in DW LG - i was once again first in total rushing yards and 4th in YPC - but FF was a less thna impressive 10th...

dude -in no way do you in yards per carry blow me away - the fact of the matter is that i consistantly beat you in this category as well!!!

But i do concede the fact you are a better Madden player me overall - but when it comes to rushing the ball - i have an advantage over you - but the way you pass the ball down (in comparison to me) - makes you a better overall player - nevertheless; for the context if this discussion - you are just wrong now twice over...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Delmas26 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 am

YPC is a laughable stat to even be categorizing someones running ability...

You know how I know that?

You said...CHZ LG...as the example...

I see the "Detroit Lions" in those statements about being near the top in YPC...

I'm a terrible runner....TERRIBLE....

My numbers are inflated from decent running yardage with my QB (Freeman) and my draws...I'd guess they average 6-8yards per carry. If I actually run under center......I'm under 4YPC...guaranteed.

Im a bottom feeder...in running ability...so if Im near the top...the stats flawed
Delmas26
Delmas26
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:21 am

Delmas26 wrote:YPC is a laughable stat to even be categorizing someones running ability...

I see the "Detroit Lions" in those statements about being near the top in YPC...

My numbers are inflated from decent running yardage with my QB (Freeman) and my draws...I'd guess they average 6-8yards per carry. If I actually run under center......I'm under 4YPC...guaranteed.

Im a bottom feeder...in running ability...so if Im near the top...the stats flawed

dude - the CFL this year only has 1 single game that the stats are based on - you cant make any conclusions based on a single game...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Delmas26 wrote:YPC is a laughable stat to even be categorizing someones running ability...

lets add in a 1200 rushing yard minumum for the year. i run a lot, behind a shit oline and get more yards on less carries than a 90ovr oline is the point.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Tue May 03, 2011 12:55 am

yall are trippin..way to take over a post with yall goin back and forth about rushing yards per carry. stats mean nothing. i dont lead the league in any stat (besides either year 1 in chz league in points per game but shared it with txboy) but i still manage to make it to the playoffs with 3 losses at the most to choke it away in the playoffs. like i said before if blocking is anything close to apf 2k8 then o line will mean way way more than it does in madden 11 and will definately change the value o linemen when we draft again for these leagues.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum