* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

What is needed in Madden 12???

+4
Child_Please4285
slickmonkyz
Mcnair2wycheck
GREENERRRR
8 posters

Go down

What is needed in Madden 12??? Empty What is needed in Madden 12???

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 pm

What are the things that are needed to amke the game what we want it to be in Madden 12???? I am interested in the MG ideas - i know guys have touched on this in other threads - feel free to copy and paste such comments to this thread....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

What is needed in Madden 12??? Empty PLAYERS SALARIES - related team TEAM BUDGET or SALARY CAP

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:22 pm

I think this is an aspect of the game that will make things MONUMNTALLY more fun... Each player has a contract length - and when that contract period ends - he becomes a FREE AGENt... the simple concept of a FREE MARKET ECONOMY - where each team will have to decide on how to allocate its LIMITED RESOURSCES (their team budget or salary cap), amongsst a limited supply (the total # of players available to sign via free agency) while tryn to fullfill their INSATIABLE needs...

This would certainly make the offseason more dynymaic - I am sure there will be instances wherfe guys OVERPAY for players and their will be instances where players are got at a price cheaper than what they are worth - but this dynamic would certainly shake things up...

I know this would complicate things more (and would be more wishful thinking) - but if they could institute a form of compensatory pics for teams that lose a free agent, that would be interesting - not like baseball thouigh - thats gets way to complex - something like u get a sandwhich PIC between rounds - based on teh value of the player - just so that if a team loses a player - he gets some form of MARGINAL COMPENSATION!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

What is needed in Madden 12??? Empty Re: What is needed in Madden 12???

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I would love it if they added a cap and free agency and made us do an online free agency period kind of like the draft.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

+ 1 to salary cap and free agency period , that way cp cant have all those god damn recievers ..lol .. dont count ur chickens tho.. prolly not gonna happen
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:43 pm

I sure hope Salary Cap will not be on M12. Personally i will have no problem with it, but it could really destroy franchises. Think of how many people we have to replace and how somebody will completely screw a team and leave the league and it will be next to impossible to get a replacement for that team. Trades will be a thing of the past,Due to cap penalties but someone still gonna go all out and trades and be stuck with 40 million in penalties have to drop there good players to make it under the cap and get mad then leave the leagues
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by mblammers Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:03 pm

I don't want a salary cap either.

I would prefer more random draft classes though. And a better progression system.
We shouldn't be able to predict how good the rookie classes are going to be.

mblammers
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by slickmonkyz Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:23 pm

one thing that needs to be added is being able to trade pics,, would make things easier all the way around
slickmonkyz
slickmonkyz
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:30 pm

i dont think an salary cap is that big of an issue.. u just wouldnt be able to stack ur team with god awful trades like ez winds up doing Very Happy. and u would have to deal with what u draft... i personal like salary cap lgs alittle more bc u wouldnt have all these crazy trades and what not... also to make an trade u would have to factor in the value of both players to make it were both owners are under the salary cap.. would make trading alot better in my opinion..

i also agree with blammers that they need an better progression system bc the one right now aint worth 2 cents...

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:51 pm

the problem with the "idiot" trades is the "fly by nite" players who are not 100% committed to a LG; they make trades without a thought of reprucussions down the road because they only plan on playn short term anyhow... - i know i will have 32 committed guys in my LG next season well before the release date of the game and i anticipate these players being on board for the long haul (i am really high on 6-7 guys i have added over the last 5-6 weeks; any player willing to committ to a LG this latein the Madden year clearly is a committed player - especially when all they can talk about is draftn there OWN TEAM next season)...- and i am certain the turnover in all the LGs (not just mine) will be significantly less because not only the size of the MG- but we have a base of owners who have shown they are committed to the game for the long haul - and a subset group of them who have prooven they are committed to LGs for 10 seasons...

but perhaps when we do have new additions to the LGs - and eye popping trades are made - perhaps they should be reviewed and possibly vetowed if the trades appear shortsided, foolish or wreake of collusion... maybe a judgement call left up to a commish - of course these would be NO BRAINERSITUATIONS - if it is even debatable - it shouldnt be vetowed...

but point taken - if a Free Agent system was implemented, the mismanagement of teams will cause some teams to fall apart - this inturn may lead to an owner bailing on a LG (because he team sucks...)- but than again if a person bailed on any LG within the MG because he ran a team into the ground, i think that would be grounds for instant banishment from all LGs within the MG - afterall if you created a mess - you should live with it or at least clean it up before you bail...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm

Child_Please4285 wrote:I sure hope Salary Cap will not be on M12. Personally i will have no problem with it, but it could really destroy franchises. Think of how many people we have to replace and how somebody will completely screw a team and leave the league and it will be next to impossible to get a replacement for that team. Trades will be a thing of the past,Due to cap penalties but someone still gonna go all out and trades and be stuck with 40 million in penalties have to drop there good players to make it under the cap and get mad then leave the leagues

great point, its not hard enough taking over a cpu drafted team let alone one with overpaid, aging players with no cap room. there seems to a be a ton of improvements to gameplay and presentation this year, and word on franchise/online improvements will be released in may.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Salary cap league was my idea and I think if managed right u shouldn't be in trouble. We all kno that the reason y rookie generated players suck is caus their awareness is low and good players with low potentials are what 74 progress to a 78 at best. so I dnt think ur team will be ok and that the highest teams salary cap will be is the first year we draft plus u get an extra cushion u get after the cap is set for ree agency.

Now what needs to be in madden 12 besides the gameplay issues, I think that a practice or scrimmage mode in online franchise needs to be added. No injuries unlimited time either conventional scrimmage or offensive only or defensive only.

A custom jump in system for dc'ed game should be added or atleast the commish ability to edit scores of dc'ed games

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

What is needed in Madden 12??? Empty PLAY ACTION NEEDS HUGE WORK OVER!!!

Post by GREENERRRR Sun May 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I get so disgusted when players run the ball only a hanbdful of times in a game and the their defensive opponents bite on playaction!!!!

This is such a fundemental way that Madden 11 fails miserably (specially when early in the year - if you had more than 3 pass rushers - ay playaction pass was blownup after the fake - they fixed that somewhat in a patch) but evn after the patch if u blitzed, u often blew up playaction - and blitziing is a common tactic medicore players use to compensate for a weak run defense - so it was win - win situation to blitz vs a run heavy team... - If it was run, u had more players committed to the LOS and if it as playaction u had a good chance to blowup the play in the backfield...

My point is, If you run the ball consistantly (even if you do a medicore job at running the ball - but still make the committment to run the ball consistantly...) - PLAYACTION SHOULD BE HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL when done on "running downs" - If you have success running the ball - PLAYACTION SHOULD BE EVEN MORE SUCCESSFUL!!!

conversely,

If you only run the ball FROM TIME TO TIME - IN NO WAY SHOULD THE DEFENSE BITE ON PLAYACTION!!!! Why would they? U have to show the willingness to consistantly run the ball to have defensive players make agressive action to attack the playaction thus falling for the deception - if you havent made this committment to the run, why would any1 fall for the fake???

Its even worse when players who dont run the ball CALL PLAYACTION ON PASSING DOWNS and the defense bites on this playaction!!! HOW THE HELL DOES THIS HAPPEN AT THE PRO LEVEL?? THE WORST PLAYER WOULDNT BITE ON PLAYACTION ON 3RD AND 15 WHEN A TEAM HASNT RUN THE BALL ALL GAME - BUT NOT IN MADDEN 11!!!! This sort of thing happens all the time!!!

Unfortunately in Madden 11 the amount and the success you have running the ball has no impact on the success rate of playaction - and when you consider the fact that defenses are more likely to blitz to stop a run heavy team - than the playaction becomes even less efective...

I GUARANTEE YOU, if playaction worked like it should, I would pass the ball 4-5 times more a game and thats 35-50% more than what i do now - this would stop the belly aching of my anti run complainers - so in a sense, the amount i run is definitely influenced by the fact that playaction doesnt work like it should!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

What is needed in Madden 12??? Empty i just thought...

Post by GREENERRRR Sun May 01, 2011 1:34 pm

Maybe thats why the DRAW is such a successful run play for guys that rarely run - AND IT SHOULD be - AS ITS showing a pass action (hopefully having POA defenders dropping to zones or covering clearing routes from recievers) and the run is deceptively run underneathe of that...

I have never got more than 4-5 yards from a draw play (granted u could count the # of times i called a draw on your hands - and i only would use a draw when it was 3rd and long and i was playn conservativve, where i didnt want to risk a throw downfield - usually at the end of a half/game because i wanted to keep the clock running)... but guys who run draws in downs where players are expecting pass, especially when they havent ran the ball much - should have an advantage here - DO U THINK EA GOT THIS RIGHT??? It must just be a coincidence they stumbled on... lol

regardless the draw this season was more effrective than it should have been... I view the draw as a CONSERVATIVE play call that will ALWAYS GET A FEW YARDS (keep the clock running) - but under the right conditions, if the defending team is expecting a deep pass down field, the draw has the opportunity to be a huge gainer - KINDA OF AN ALL OR NOTHING PLAY - but the way guys often used it this year was more like it was their BASE RUNNING play - in that regard Madden Failed Miserably... (btw thee i a difference between a "draw" and inside handoff from shotgun) - they are certainly similar and the fact its run from shotgun does create the "pass allusion" that is a fundemental part of the draw but the QB doesnt physically create the allusion - its olnly assumed because of the shotgun formation status - so they are certainly similar but clearly different...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 am

i think they pay to much attention to the playaction rating. players like tom brady and peyton manning who's play action ratings are high so when u use playaction with these players regardless of blitzing or not then the % of success is greatly increased. in ncaa10 i believe (maybe been in ncaa 11 as well) they had a feature that made a playaction of a certain run successful if u set that play up. say u run a power O out of I-formation and u run it either 3x and have good to great success or bust a long run that % of the play action of that run goes up and u can use it when u choose. same with certain pass plays with the same motion. that feature worked very very well and i believe madden and EA tiburon needs to adapted this feature to take out the play action rating and bring some realism to that side of gameplay.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down