* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

im bored how bout u?

+6
falconfansince81
GREENERRRR
Rui_F
jmojsoski
COsMiCTrAvO
bigbuddah
10 posters

Go down

im bored how bout u? Empty im bored how bout u?

Post by bigbuddah Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 pm

i never thought that i would be sitting in my apartment watching this much tv. i dont have anything else to do. i go to work almost 40 hrs a week but on my off days im chillin here twiddlin my damn thumbs. dont kno what to do. i dont have any games that need beating and all the games i play are online games. black ops and madden. i play nba2k 11 and i already did a full season (82 games + playoffs + rookie developement before the draft + summer circut games) in the 3 weeks that playstation has been off. i play a little apf 2k8 but thats maybe 1 or 2 games a day. the emotional rollacoster of hearing "good'' news then hearing ''bad news'' and now im at the point where i dont want to hear anything and ill just wait to see signed on when i turn my playstation on. the psn being down has killed this forum which they cant do anything about. its hard to think of the next madden season now when there is no telling when it will be on. i never thought i was this geeky to where im bored caus i cant play an online game haha i should be ashamed of myself.

u go to the movies, u work out, hang out at the bars, chill wit a female or 2 then wat. at the end of the day, u have nothing else to fall back on. are yall as bored as i am? what have u changed up or added to your schedule since playing playstation is out of the equation? have yall picked up any offline games u can play?

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

im bored how bout u? Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon May 09, 2011 9:36 am

Haha yeah man I've played through the Fight Night Champion story mode which is a blast, Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare all the way through pretty much. I just started SOCOM 4 story mode yesterday and it rocks! I've also been playing my guitars a lot but what else is new. I never thought the psn would be dead this long wow what a trip.
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

im bored how bout u? Empty Re: im bored how bout u?

Post by jmojsoski Mon May 09, 2011 9:54 am

Yea man, I kinda feel your pain bro, but I have been enjoying myself.. I am able to enjoy myself because a couple years back my PS3 Yellow light of death on me and I had to cope without using my system at all for 5 months. SO the PSN being down wasnt much of a biggie...

But some suggestions: if you like sports try to play some recreational sports, softball, football (flag) or basketball.. Usually I travel around the northern part of my state signing up for week passes to gyms (Gold gym, LA Fitness to name a few). There I usually play tons of ball and ask around to see if any leagues are going on currently, also its a great way to meet new people. Most of the time there is a recreational league going on, so there might be a small fee for equipment and so on but you would have something to do. This is also a great to possible meet new clients. IDK what kind of industry your in but, this is another way to network.

Also, Try and pick up a hobby to occupy your time, like building shit with lego's, puzzles, I like working on cars. I have taught myself quite a deal about automobiles by working on my truck in my spare time( I have a 94 Jeep, so something is always wrong because of her age..lol). I like taking stuff apart and reconstructing it. Maybe volunteer, I do from time to time, recently I just helped build a school playground for a local public school in my area.

There's tons to do bro... But its hard to replace the PS3...lol
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rui_F Mon May 09, 2011 10:46 am

Been working 60 hour weeks since about 2 weeks before ps3 went down so the extra hours without ps3 been helping actually, been hitting the gym. Weather is pretty good so did a 50 mile hike this weekend also took car to the track last weekend. But caught up on some tv and movies also so its not all healthy stuff. lol
Rui_F
Rui_F
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

im bored how bout u? Empty RE:

Post by COsMiCTrAvO Mon May 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Yeah I got a basketball goal in Feb and it is always cool to step out and shoot some hoop! Seriously I don't think it's all that big a deal either as long as we have this stuff worked out by next Madden season!! Very Happy
COsMiCTrAvO
COsMiCTrAvO
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon May 09, 2011 1:39 pm

mY GOLF game has never been in better shape in years AnD THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED REALLY!! - spending lots of time at the practice facility - hitting balls AT LEAST every other day of at the range - and putting time around the green as well (the short game is where medicoe players like myself can pick up the most strokes) - the courses are still in poor shape - they are in "spring condition" but i had 3 birdies in 1 round FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER (with spring rules in effect on 2 of those holes - so an astrisk is certainly beside this personal best accomplishment) - and the 5 double bogies, two triple and an ugly "9" made the round an unremarkable score overall!!! If you have never played GOLF before, i encourage you to try it - Its a great game - more mental than physical... It can be frusturarting as hell - but when u make a great shot it brings back SOME of the feeling of making a big hit in football or scoring a TD - its not on par with these feats on the grid iron but it is the closest thing i can do now on the athletic field to bring back those personal feelings of accomplishment (althoiugh as a coach you live these moments through your players - BUT ITS NEVER THE SAME) but the feeling of pride you get for having your players be successful can be more rewarding than what you would think! Anyhow - Golf is a game, if you out of shape (like myself) - its still a sport u can play effectively - (and yes i ride a power cart all the time - more out of convenience - but gonna try walking the course more this year - hopefully this will aid myt physical fitness level as well)

Its been strange - all through University i was never quite fast enough to be a high contributing DB - the coach bugged me to gain weight and switch to LB - BUT I COULD NEVER GAIN WEIGHT - i would drink protein shakes, raw eggs - huge meals - BUT ALL THROUGH MY EARLY 20"S I COULDNT GAIN A POUND - i turned 35 and weight has been super easy to gain!!!! I am at the point where for the first point in my life i am gonna start "counting calories" - totally strange for me to be in this situation - but i am learning to deal with it - BUT I WOUL;D HAVE LOVED TO HAVE THIS EXTRA 30 POUNDS 15 YEARS AGO!!!

I am going to my HS 50th aniversary and reunion in 2 weeks - all graduates over the 50 year will be there - of course it will be great to catch up with classmates (which would have been over 20 years since we were convicated)- but i am looking forward to seeng my "kids" i have coach in FOR 14 SEASONS AT THE SCHOOL - so the youngest graduates who i coached will be in the early 20`s and the oldest graduates in their mid 30's - Its an entire day event - open house in the day - and a big party in the evening - not sure what to totally expect - but i am looking forward to it - has any1 elsew done a HS reunion before?

sadly this will be the last re-union for the school - it is set to close in june - demographics changed in that area of the city and the school doesnt have enough kids to stay viable - so its going to be a bitter sweet nite....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Yea the flag football season hasn't started yet here..been waiting for that to start since I moved here. Ima start back bowling once I get a set schedule. It is a lil difficult to find things to do with my spare time. Usually I only have 5 hrs maybe to do nothing. I need to fill those 5 hrs or so. I workout so that's 45 minutes to an hr since I'm injury prone now. Everyone has good ideas tho.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Mon May 09, 2011 7:52 pm

i did 2 road to glory players in ncaa11, then tried to import my LB to maddens superstar mode which was so terrible i failed to make it through the first half before ditching that idea.

fired up the ps2 and found my old love of 2k5, the game is so immersible im now in my 2nd season rebuilding the jags. with some very realistic and difficult sim sliders i went 4-12 my first season but built a beast team through the draft and with a couple trades as well. now 9-1 and took this team from 82 ovr to a 94 ovr, although my oline habits in madden are killing me in this game where ratings matter. i traded jimmy smith and my punter hanson to get fitz in his 2nd season but the fucker got a concussion and is done for the year Sad

dread having to go back to that joke of a game madden, but do miss the online competition. i could play 2k5 all day though once the controls are down pat, there are plays every game where i just shake my head and say damn why can't madden be this good? off to do my weekly preparation for a big game vs the colts.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 pm

My two boys and fulltime job keeps me fairly busy. Im glad the timing of this was not during madden time even tho some league were still running.

I have been enjoying some mlbtheshow offline and cardinal baseball mainly. Also apart of a semi-pro football team 8 on 8. Thats been a blast so network bein down has been probably more of a blessing for me.

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 pm

I personally have enjoyed it and also think it sucks. I enjoyed my time in the Mg but it has been nice having the downtime. Been able to spend time with my wife and kids and with our baby coming in the next month it's probably a good thing. But I am ready for Psn to come back up.
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I've been exercising heavy. Also playing Castlevania LOS its really good, MK9 as well. I'm Joining a Flag Football team also. For as much as i miss madden, i must say its a Blast not having to schedule games and be forced to play everyday. But i will be looking forward to the Grind come August
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

i suggest MG members make the best of the situation - put in as much family or GF time as you can when the the PSN is down - My thought is that this is `money in the bank`for when Madden is released in Aug - When Madden is released i will tell the GF:

`remember the last 2 weeks of April and the entire month of May? I showered you with attention at the expesne of alienating my MG and MLBTSG friends - and although it cost me numerous losses in my LGs and i have jeopardized by standing in both groups because of a lack of particpation I WOULDNT HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!! - the time we have shared together has been unforgettable! We are closer than we ever have been and that will never change but, i have to make things up to the guys in the MG and MLBTSG!! I know you understand... And the countless amount of time we shared is a symbol of how you are the light of my life but at the same time we both need our own interests - so call your sister, she can take my place in the BIRD WATCING CLASS we signed up for - ( i will hate to miss out on it - i was looking forward to it immesely but you an I owe it to your sister because of all the time we stole from her by being together so much recently) - its time we stop being SELFISH and take care of the people who we neglegted in our lives because of the time we spent together recently!!!` - THE KEY IS TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE WHILE YOUR SAYING THIS TO HER - if you feel yourself starting to breakdown - BITE YOUR LIP - or PINCH YOUR SIDE - she has to see how important this is to you and laughing mid-sentence will not help!!! ...LOL

Feel free to use this tactic word for word or change it to fit the way you speak to your GF - but no harm in practicing this in front of the mirror either!

You should also know that this can be risky tactic as well - if you spend a bunch of èxtra time with the GF while the PSN is down, she may come TO EXPECT THE SAME LEVEL OF ATTENTION WHEN IT COMES BACK ONLINE - so utilize this strategy with caution (u know your wife/gf best)- but i know i have accumulated a ton of GF `chips`and i will be cashing them in when the PSN is back online!!!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

Nate your ate up

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by BiLlDoZeR_27 Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Haha honestly?
BiLlDoZeR_27
BiLlDoZeR_27
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Thu May 12, 2011 5:03 pm

I probaby shouldn't reallt comment on matters of the heart but I figure if yo woman can't accept your hobby how can be with her..that's just me. U shouldn't have to dope her into lettin u play...unless that's some part of a relationship I don't kno nothin about.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mjkight Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 am

Fortunately my old lady is pretty understanding of my hobbies...thankfully!

Mjkight
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by saastar Fri May 13, 2011 8:47 am

yeah mine is the same... she likes to read books and i bought her 1 of those kindles for christmas... so she reads and i dont bother her and i play madden and she dont bother me... Very Happy

saastar
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 pm

my last post was definitely made in "jest" - my GF knows the deal - Madden was around before her! lol - she is relatively low maintanance anyhow (as long as she has access to a vehicle, credit and bank accounts - she could care less how much time i spend playn Madden or the Show LOL) - but all joking aside - i have spent more time with her since PSN has been down - playn CPU opponents in any PS3 tires fast - so i have done more "dog walking" with her and have even spent time visting her obnoxious friends with her - she knows the PSN is down, and i am sure she realizes thats why I have this xtra time....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down