* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think?

+2
kevdog
GREENERRRR
6 posters

Go down

2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think? Empty 2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think?

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 pm

THIS RULE WILL GO IN FORCE FOR START OF MADDEN 12

The new rule is only a samll emendment to how we view `contain` pass rushers Iin relation to rule #3... A player given a contain pass rush resposibility is a HYBRID betwen pass rushing and cover... He Doesnt actively pass rush the QB until the QB tries to move outside of the pocket - he penetrates 3 yards deep past the LOS and can effectively cover the shallow flats in zone or cover a RB release (directled to his side) in man to man while maintaining his contain pass rush responsibility... its clear that he isnt exactly a complete PASS RUSHER nor is he completely committing to Coverage...

To reflect this HYBRID pass - coverage status, In terms of rule #3 a player given contain responsibility will be considered a HALF of a pass rusher - therefore if you have 2 players in contain - that counts as 1 complete pâss rusher and you will be required to have 1 other player actively pass rush to be in compliance with rule #3...

The ammended rule #3 is as follows:

3) You must PASS RUSH a minimum of 2 players EVERY PLAY (that means no "gay" defense)... You are prohibited from moving a Defensive Linemen off the Line of Scrimage (to a traditional LB starting position) before the snap... If you want to play with less DL and more LBs or DBs than call a defense that has such a strategy implemented ...

note: DE that are given a "contain" responsibility are considered HALF of a pass rusher (so if you hve your two DE in `contain`pass rush - that only counts as 1 pass rusher (in terms of rule number 3) and you will be required to have 1 more player pass rushing...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think? Empty instant SACK blitzes...

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:59 pm

after reviewing some game film - I have seen some crazy fast blitzes that hit the QB before he could finish his standard drop back... I am considering an addition to our current blitz rule...

Possible new rule for Madden 12:

You cant place a pass rushing player manually in the gaps from C to C gap... that means u cant put a blitzing LB in between Center and Guard or the Guard and Tackle - within 1 yard of the LOS - unless you are inside the 10 yard line of your end...

note: this rule would still allow you to place a speed pass rusher on the edge - as that would be consider D gap or even D gap plus
\
what u think? lets hear it!

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:01 am; edited 3 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think? Empty Re: 2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think?

Post by kevdog Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:02 pm

I think that this will help stop abusing poor AI blocking assignments. What compounds this blitz is that if the lb is assigned a yellow zone the oline will ignore him and not block from inside to out.

Kevdog

kevdog

Back to top Go down

2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think? Empty Re: 2 rule changes for madden 12 - lets hear what u think?

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

although this late in the year - its smart to see how such a situation ius dealt with in Madden 12 - but having a discussion around this certainly doesnt hurt...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by WolvIE19 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:59 am

The first rule sound good. But the second one i would have a couple of questions about. Such as when you call a pinch or engage eight or another all out blitz. Or a blitz that calls for a linebacker to hit that gap. If you manually rush that line backer in his assgined gap woulld that be ok. Now if its not a called for in a blitz and you put him there to burn the AI i would agree with that. But i think you should be able to manually blitz if the play calls for it.

WolvIE19

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

WolvIE19 wrote:The first rule sound good. But the second one i would have a couple of questions about. Such as when you call a pinch or engage eight or another all out blitz. Or a blitz that calls for a linebacker to hit that gap. If you manually rush that line backer in his assgined gap woulld that be ok. Now if its not a called for in a blitz and you put him there to burn the AI i would agree with that. But i think you should be able to manually blitz if the play calls for it.

yha the gap line up rule i am not sure is going to fly....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by mrrajesh Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Rule amendment about at least 2 man rush i'm cool with, but the LB rule i'm not. I believe it happens more in actual football than madden. That blitz is the fastest way to get to the qb. I've even seen safeties follow LB's thru that gap just for the simple fact that the qb is closer to get too. Also i think if you pinch your lineman it gives the qb more time, and if you notice it in time your TE or any Reciever crossing over the middle is wide open. I'm don't think there's any glitch, to me that just seems to work the best. Just like in the NFL.

mrrajesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:52 am

While I agree that nano blitzes are unsim, not being aple to manually move any blitzers to the middle can severely hamper run defense, I'm really not in agreeance with that rule.

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by dtigertron Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am

mcnair, if you learn the line adjustments (l1, r1, ect) than you can stop the run. You shouldn't have to manually move guys. Maybe look for other formations and plays that help stop the run otherwise. I have no problem slowing down runners, I always have very good run D. I never move players pre snap, except a Safety if I am going to stay with that safety the whole play.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:03 am

Mcnair2wycheck wrote:While I agree that nano blitzes are unsim, not being aple to manually move any blitzers to the middle can severely hamper run defense, I'm really not in agreeance with that rule.

WE ARE NOT PUTING THE THE `GAP`adjustment rules in - thats nit gonna flyt - but u stillcan only MANUALLY move 1 passs rusher before the snap - if u want to move more than 1 player that rushes the passer b4 the snap - use the SHIFT options - I know this can hamper somne legitimate plays from time to time - BUT IT ILLIMINATES MANY SO CALLED `NANO`BLITZES - so the ends justify the means...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcnair2wycheck Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:10 am

^^^ Yeah I think that's an understandable ruling, and you can move as many non-rushing players who are in a zone/spy as you want, right?

Mcnair2wycheck
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrrajesh Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I like the rule because when you move players around and switch players to make your own assignments I think thats when you get those nanos or the ai problems. You should only be able to move one player, the guy you're gunna be. If your moving other players around, they shouldn't be able to come within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Other than that I feel blitzing is a major part of the game, you can't take that away from the defense. Shifting your defense is also key, sometimes you have to make a shift because of how the offense is in formation or the offense motioning.

mrrajesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum