* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really?

3 posters

Go down

Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really? Empty Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really?

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 am

Its been brought to my attention that some players have been dropping players with high contrraqcts and resiogning them to lower contracts...

I dont see how we can do this in a salary cap league - some1 argued that this was teh same as renegotiating a contract with an over paid player - but before u can do thiS it would be seem reasonable that every other owner in the league be given the opportunity to take that player at his "higher " contract - if some1 else is willing to pay him, why would he take a pay cut and play with your team?

This has to stop now - guys that have done this, I ask you to fess up, let me know and I will adjust the players contract back to what it was before...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really? Empty Re: Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really?

Post by kavorka2 Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm

cheap moves...

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really? Empty Re: Dropping and Resigning player WITH CONTRACTS? really?

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:16 pm

kavorka2 wrote:cheap moves...

i am not calling it cheap - some guys were following others leads - and some guys meant no ill will and thought it was acceptable...

Please know - i wll think no "ill will" to anyone who admits to doing this in attempt to fix it (actually quite the oppisite - u would have my respect for stepping up and fixing the issue) - but when i do print screens of all the contracts thats should be and compare them to the contracts on your team - and there is a disparity caused by this drop and release (and u havent come forward in attempt to fix it) - that will not be looked on well...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by sconn1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:50 pm

guess i have to repost since my post from yesterday was "mysteriously" wiped out. in a nutshell, this is what was said yesterday....

1) when we discussed this previously, you were all for it green,,,and APPROVED IT. the issue was that recently bidded FAs and rookies couldnt be churned.

2) players conceding lower amounts is common in the NFL. every year most teams irl get vets and underperformers to accept lower amounts jsut to stay on the team so the team can make cap.

3) in the discussions that were in the chat yesterday, most people agreed that the practice should be limited in some way, but cap realities dictated the necessity. among the more popular suggestions were limiting the practice to declining players (lower overs than the previous year) and limiting the amount of players that could be renegotiated. also, that it could only be done in a clear cap situation, not if the player had the room to spare.

4) while this distraction has been going on, the fact that someone reset the entire league, which created this situation, has gotten away with getting FAs that were competitively bid on for far less than the bidded price. the example used is the colts won hester @ 34million, but now only has to pay 3 million. of course, there are many others that had their value pushed up thru the bid process, and the perpetrator knows that these players, held mainly by teams with oodles of cap room to begin with (they had to be in order to bid in the 1st place or LM wouldnt allow the bid) are now so lost in the shuffle that the crime has been "gotten away with" while this farce continues to play out. and yes, the reset which wiped out all the FA bid numbers, yet left the won players on the teams for greatly reduced salaries was surely the big crime here.

4) releasing a player into FA will not always reduce their salary,,,some guys go up.

5) (this wasnt mentioned yesterday by me) in my case, most of the vets i released / resigned were because they had NO contract. i was simply getting them one in the same method we did for release, resigns. the 1 guy i did rem resigning, was tommy harris. i released him initially with no intention of resigning but to make cap room for others so i could field a team. when i was further along the process, i checked him and found i could fit him in. some of the other releases had to go thru the "add a player" process as the player couldnt be released because they were the only one at a position, like my kicker, for example. btw,,,harris was in FA for a few hours, where anyone could have acquired him. and had he been acquired, i would have made no claims on him. the only other player i rem resigning, i dropped when i rememebred that i had acquired him thru FA bidding (although his salary went up from where i bid on him initially when i dropped him) a bit after i picked him back up.

at the end of the day, this is a phony crisis. yes, phony. and it also serves to distract from the real crime of the lg reset. i know i didnt reset the lg. and i take green at his word that he didnt. only 1 other person had access to the admin function. that same person has backloaded rookie contracts to ease cap impact (something LM isnt capable of) along with players myteriously makin well less than he makes in any other lg (by 1.5mil in one case) despite not ever being dropped and resigned. it also distracts from the fact that many teams are not even bothering to resign players and playing gmaes with players not under contracts in any way, shape or form.

i reasonable solution should be sought here. not one that is made on personal vendettas and obsessions. renegotiations happen irl for teams trying to make cap. we should do our best to impose a reasonable system to mimic that and not turn it into someones personal witchhunt.

also, the cap is @ 120mil. that was the 2011 cap level. we are in 2012, where the cap is raised. most all the research i have done points to a 125mil level for 2012 irl. this oversight has made things even more rough than it should be.

sconn1

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:13 am

fyi kavorka wasnt even around when all this went down - he doesnt know u scoinn - and has no reason or motivation to reset the leaguie - as far as some1 "hacking" pw - i am niot even gonna comment on that - it stands on its own merrits (or lack their of...)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum