* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING

+5
dtigertron
jmojsoski
GREENERRRR
johnnylagz17
Admin
9 posters

Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING

Post by Admin Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Democracy at its finest!!!! Last year, there was only a handful of us who had input on our Universal SIM rules and i had 2 complaints about this being not what the `majority of members` wanted... I would argue that the rules were embraced by the GROUP - nevertheless; I want the Madden Group to be seen as a more Democratic organization - making such discontent less likely!!! soooooo The Governing Council was created!!!! It will make all the MAJOR decision (including rules) in a majority vote manner!!

We have had an application processs for Council Members since the sites inception...- but if you think you would be a good member of the Governing Council (or maybe i have missed your application) - post under the approriate section in the Governing ouncil Section and i will consider adding you!!!

We have had a lot of informal banter around our SIM rules... I have also taken the liberty to bring a wider debate of the most common and controversal SIM rules to the Madden School SIM section - hoping to get a bropader input... between these 2 initiatives we have a lot of GREAT CHATTER about how we should do things...,

ITS TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS - We will have our initial rules meeting of the Governing Council for Madden 11 on Thursday Aug 12 - 9 pm EST - we will conduct in a chat room on the PSN network (confirm your attendance by replying to this message) - I will send out chat invites around 8:45 pm...

If you are a Council Member who can't attend - I encourage you to consider my - Rules Meeting Overview Sheet (TBA in the Governing Council Section) - and make any specific comments/suggestion known their - i will try to let your opinions/votes known by proxy...

Please realize - THIS IS ONLY OUR INITIAL RULES DRAFT FOR MADDEN 11 - we will only have had access to the full game for 60 hours... We will consider other rules as deficiencies to the SIM aspect of the game present themselves (which is enevitable) - but we have to start somewhere - and this will be it...

I ask members to keep the retorect to a minimum at the rule meeting- Any grand-standing and over-explanation of rules or adjustment to rules need to be done b4 the meeting (ideally in the brainstroming section for SIM rules - In the Universal rules section) - I realize that discussion around various rules has been done throughout the message board - I will do my best to copy and paste any posts regarding rules to this thread - so that Governing Council Members can access them in 1 spot - and of course you have a week to make furthur posts... AND I ENCOURAGE ALL MEMBERS TO HAVE VOICE THEIR OPINION REGARDING SIM RULES IN THIS SECTION - its not too late to hear from you now (click the link below and reply their pls)...

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/universal-league-rules-f2/brainstorming-league-rules-t1.htm

In addition - ALL COUNCIL MEMBERS NEED TO BE KNOWLEDGABLE OF THE RULES/TOPICS WE DISCUSS - make sure you come to the meeting prepared!!!! -

I hope to have an overview sheet (1st draft ready tonight) - If you think their should be an addition/counter arguement added to the draft - post a reply under the thread where this sheet is released - and I will make appropriate changes!!!

Ideally - this is ORGANIZED and quick meeting - we go through the points suggested for rules - and pass/reject them by simple majority - all the debating is done between now and the meeting!!!! I expect the meeting to take 30 - 45 minutes - than we can play some exhibition games - and start to climb the Madden Schools Individual SIM Player Ranking (which I encourage all Members of the Madden Group to participate in) -it brings a lil extra excitement to the game!!!

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty Re: Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING

Post by johnnylagz17 Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:32 pm

quick summary making sure I got this down right lol

you want us to be blunt when we vote? .. makes sense if that's what you're saying we cant all sit there arguing for hours and gettin points confused when in a chat b/c you couldnt finish your thought since you can only type so much and some1 else usually posts and then u get cut off and have to re explain urself

so being blunt and short sounds good suggestions of rules and w/e get brought up and we vote like ok turbo on or off and we all vote saying yes or no and #s= the ruling correct? lol

sounds good ... love the idea of the council , should keep everything clean in the leagues .
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty Re: Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:38 pm

U got the idea joke - just making up the reference sheet we will be following - it will be itemized... and make things EZ to follow

Every1 should be familar with the arguements by the time we get to the meeting - so no need to debate - we just vote - and move to the nbext order of business...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:31 pm

smart easy enough .. appreciate the effort man
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty Rules Meeting Overview sheet complete

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Check out the link below - or you can find it in the Governing Council section... If you feel there should be other rules discussed at the meeting (other than the rules mentioned on the overview sheet in bold) - make a reply at the bottom of the sheet and I will investigate...

This is a direct link to the Rules Meeting Overview Sheet:

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com/the-governing-council-f7/rules-meeting-overview-sheet-t64.htm
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:59 pm

good news greeneer..i should b up and running online on thrusday of next week..just in time..lmao
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty I should be there.....

Post by dtigertron Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:01 am

...if I haven't crashed from playing madden for the first 48 hours, lol. No, I will do my best to be at the meeting. Just curious, what if there is a tie vote for a rule? I propose ahead of time, if there is a tie, we let every member of the group vote on this site.
dtigertron
dtigertron
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:53 am

dtigertron wrote:...if I haven't crashed from playing madden for the first 48 hours, lol. No, I will do my best to be at the meeting. Just curious, what if there is a tie vote for a rule? I propose ahead of time, if there is a tie, we let every member of the group vote on this site.

if there is a tie - I would prefer the Governing Council to finish what they started - Maybe have the founding members of the Madden Group (on the Governing Council)break the tie - a second vote with just - dtigertron - DEN24 - mjkight - jmojsoski - Schloer87 - Cantbbeat83 and myself... (u are not obligated to vote the same way as you did in the initial vote)

what you guys think? - ty for tyhinking of this dtigertron - it ould have been difficult to decide what to do if we had a tie - without this pre-planning....
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I would like that idea but if there is a tie maybe we should have a rewrite of the rule/w/e is up for voting and meet again on w/e topics tied for a vote .. if they tie again

then either do that or you mjk and 1 other guy from your list could vote ..3 is quicker lol

that way all rules get a fair change to be adjusted if no1 likes them or hates them ( tie ..mixture of course ) before we just get it over ruled by the vets lol ..

but if no1 likes that idea I can live with what you guys came up with
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePlague0208 Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:12 pm

If there is a tie maybe bring the vote up league wise and have majority wins. Say maybe you give everyone 1 day or so to vote and figure the outcome.
ThePlague0208
ThePlague0208

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 pm

interesting theory but it takes away from the idea of the council a little bit and also the point is to make it quick even my idea makes it slower though so maybe what they said ( tie=revote vets only ) makes sense ? ..

I think bringing too many ppl to vote ( it's not just 1 league we're talking about here ) could be h#ll .. not that you guys couldn't come up with a good idea or vote or something where I aim to put you down lol but when you gather masses like that it can get crazy

a simple poll could be good if we can ensure it's 1 vote guaranteed but again ..why have a council ...

I think we should take a revote on any tie .. like the second there is a tie on a vote greener could ask " does any1 want to change there votes?" .. if 1 person does that's where it will stop and it will be made that rule .. if not then it goes to a revote with the vets ..
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:31 pm

i agree with the idea of the second vote concerning the original Council....it will b much easier...also, rewriting the rule proli can take some time, but this too is another good idea..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:40 pm

yeah it would take time it's my own idea and I'm even skeptical but rules sometimes deserve a chance ..maybe after 4 games we put those rules back up for debate if it seems to be that maybe the leagues would be better off with a change ?

.. again I can deal with entrusting you guys if the rest of us on the council can't conclude a vote 1 way or another .. but maybe if some1 is half n half and sees that it is tied they may switch their vote after seeing others vote on it so much that maybe they get swayed after they already voted ?

all in all the rules won't be anything we'll wish we had looked further into as there really is only so much we all seem to have any disagreements on..

like the salary cap thing going back and forth ..the ideas are similar and I kno I could live with either pitch .. just what's best for the leagues is all that matters ... ( some1 want to say duh ? lol )
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:57 pm

I will attend the 1st official meeting...maybe we can do it in the chatbox

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:06 pm

no we should keep it to the least amount of chat as we can since ppls statements get cut off and every1 will end up confused lol
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by DEN_24 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:20 pm

k man... i appreciate the opportunity to have my voice heard on these things... i liked the way things ran last year, but im sure some changes could improve things a bit... i hope i can make it to the meeting and stay the whole time, but i sent in my votes and opinions via private message as u requested, just incase i cant make it... and about the discussion up there about sharing each other opinons well... it would take way too long, so i think guys should just have their votes ready to go... discussions and debates could take place prior to 9pm... like if one guy strongly beleives in a couple things, then he should make it a point to be there early and share his ideas with others... who knows, it may just impact other guys opinions and swing their votes... so i say from 9pm forward, it should just be the voting... and maybe a little recap at the end... cuz with the amount of ideas/opnions in this string alone, i think we'll be there all night if we sit there and explain why we voted the way we voted on every single question lol
DEN_24
DEN_24

Back to top Go down

Governing Council 1st OFFICIAL MEETING Empty Chizz mosetti league

Post by chizz522 Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:01 pm

I will be there for sure
chizz522
chizz522
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by jmojsoski Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:35 pm

just brought my copy of madden...c u guyz online tonite...lol...around 6 pm eastern time..
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:38 pm

DEN_24 and jokere have the right idea - THE MEETING IS A TIME TO MAKE DECISION - if you wanna debate a topic - make a reply on the overview Rule sheet - and people will hear your thoughts there... this meeting shoud take 30 - 45 minutes tops

Admin
Admin

https://maddengroup.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down