* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

Pats and Jwallace

3 posters

Go down

Pats and Jwallace Empty Pats and Jwallace

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:01 pm

He looks to attack the edgess on runs - make sure u move OLB in a spot where he cant be blocked and lose outsiode containment - or bring your safety down slightly and to the outside so he better angle of pursuit on outside run...

He also looks to pass the ball at the LOS just outside of the TE - he does that i think with the first part of an angle route to a RB or a flat pass to the TE...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Pats and Jwallace Empty Re: Pats and Jwallace

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:29 am

just figured out what that weird lil angle pass is that he runs to the FB over and over - when FB is in an offset position - and u hot route him to a CURL - he does this odd ANGLE OUT then downfield - ITS SIMPLIEST PASS TO COMPLETE - just a lil dump off - there is no zone anywhere close to defnding this area and its way before a player in MAN 2 MAN defense is able to pick this up...

i did notice that u could ONLY DO THIS TO THE OFFENSIVE RIGHT - when u try to do it to the left (and have the offset FB to the left side...) - the FB still runs back across the formation to the right side angle (messing up the route completely...)

I would suggest making a user play - maybe a 3-4 and be the OLB and sit literally in D gap (or in 9 technique) and look for this lil dump pass - i completed 10 in a row vs ALLMADDEN CPU - so its high % - but i am sure if sat on this play - he wouldnt be able run it very well...
- Maybe use a BLITZ and ENGAGE tactic - have an OLB with a blitz responsibility - USER him to take away this lil dump pass to FB - if he doesnt throw the ball to FB, CONTINUE TO PASS RUSH THE QB - because if he throws the ball later in the route it should be picked up by a simple LB in hook zone for an easy knock down or likely pick (the key for him on this play is to throw the ball early and before the coverage - o take that away and the route is useless... and if the player u are using to defend this play is rushing the passer - u can easily continue with this assignment of the rushing the passer...

remember play is only run to the right - so dont even worry about him doing it to the left - and this concurs with how he played in our game...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by jwallace0317 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:15 pm

I think it's about time to chime in on this. I think it's funny that Greener and I played our user game 10 days ago and he's still editing and adding to his "scouting report" for our game, lol. That alone speaks volumes about the guy.

For the record, there is no "odd angle route." An angle route is an angle route, and there are plenty of them in just about every playbook, in multiple plays and formations. Sometimes I throw to it to a HB or FB, and sometimes to a TE. The nature of the route is that you can either throw to the receiver in the early part of his route (when it's basically a flat route), or after the cut. That's how the route is used in real life (I have run this route myself in real life and have coached receivers on it as well). You sell the "shoot" part of the route, which the QB can use to throw hot, or your receiver makes a hard cut to evade the cover defender. Angle routes are also sometimes used in conjunction with the trail concept. Anyone who knows anything about passing concepts is familiar with trail. On the TWO times that I threw to a receiver running an angle route in my game vs. Greener, it was using a trail concept.

Other routes that I threw to in my game vs. Greener, two or more times:

Dig routes.
Out routes.
Crossing routes.
Slants.
Streaks.
Screens.

My top receiver for the game was Steve Smith, 5 catches, 90 yards, and he did not run any angle routes. I also gained 113 non-angle-route yards on the ground. I'm going through the trouble of mentioning all of the above because Greener's statement of "he runs this over and over" is bullshit. I ran the trail concept twice. And if there's anything I don't tolerate, it's people making false statements about my gameplay. My playcalling on offense is mixed with lots of different formations and concepts, and has been that way for years. General and ksar (who I've played in leagues for years), and the other users I've played against in this league this season can attest.

Other than having an offense that couldn't seem to do anything (other than during a no-huddle drive that he suddenly ran in the 3rd quarter, when I played soft defense with the lead), my scouting report on Greener is this: the guy was actually buzzing me with text messages in the middle of the game expressing amazement at how I got a positive result on a draw play. In the middle of the fucking game! lol Then, afterwards, he repeatedly claimed via text that this part of the game and that part of the game (the parts that didn't go his way) would all be different (i.e., in his favor) if we were playing on All-Madden. Mind you, he knew what the gameplay settings were for this league, and like all of us he's played the shit out of this game and should know how the game plays on All-Pro, but regardless....one of the top 5 signs of a sore loser is a guy who immediately starts bitching about the gameplay settings afer a loss, instead of being a big boy and just saying good game and being done with it. Maybe it's the time spent coaching that affects my mindset on this, but after a game you shake the hand of the opposing coach and give a simple congrats, without spouting off about all the things that affected the game that you believe were not under your control (weird bounces of the ball, bad calls by ref, etc.). That's just how a man handles it, and it's childish and bad form to do otherwise. If anything, you just have humility about the stuff that you DO have control over, and how you could have coached better to get the win.

There were some other choice texts I got after the game as well (there was a ramble about how he hopes that in 4 seasons after my good players have retired and he beats me, that he hopes I don't quit the league because then I would be a "pussy", blah blah blah), but I won't waste any more text reproducing the immature comments here.

I fully expect Greener will give me the game of my life when we play again. And if I lose, I'll probably mention something I did poorly, mention something he did a good job on, and other than that he'll get a GG and good luck the rest of the reason wish from me.

Greener, put your big boy pants on! lol

jwallace0317

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

whats the big deal about me adding to my scouting report? I just realized what your "odd" route is - (although i could have it wrong) - it very possibly could be the first part of the route is an "angle route" - but it could be as i described too - they are virtually the same nevertheless; as members of a great league - we should be doing scouting reports regularly (and dont think your anything special - I have done reports for jersey and 4 other guys this year!)

Anyhow, after reading your post - your clearly still upset about our post game exchange - but lets set the record straight - your account is off the mark!

here is the text that i sent jwallace after the game that got his panties all in a bunch!

postgame text from GREENERRRR to jwallace wrote:GG!... but if were playn on allmadden those 3 passes u threw into coverage (which were gratuitously dropped by my CPU controlled players, would have been turnovers instead of scores for you...

I never play allpro because i think it protects guys who are not careful with the ball but i made an exception because this was HON's league...

U played well though! Not your fault that dbs drop passes thrown into double coverage! LOL!

You attacked the edge well... GG

In no part of this message am i saying anything negative about jwallace - but some how he takes it that way - In fact i go out of my way to explain that he played well - and that my criticisms of the game had NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM - I guess he may have got sensitive about the comments of him throwing into coverage - but it wasnt a criticism of him - just an observation that was clear for everyone to see who watched the game - and if he took it as criticism - THEN I AM SORRY - i didnt mean it that way....

and as far as "playn the shit out of the game" - i swear on everything important to me - I HAVENT PLAYED A SINGLE ONLINE GAME OTHER THEN IN THE 3 LEAGUES I AM IN (and this is the only league that is on all-pro) - I cant stand playn in the lobbies - i wont do it and would rather do a thousand other things then play the game room clowns - so although he may have "played the shit out of the game" - I can tell u exactly how many game si have played this year (10 games in Hons league - 10 - game sin my league - 8 games in chizz league = totalling 28 games) - Thats far from playn the shit out of the game - but in the 10 games i have played in Hons allpro league it has become evident that DBs drop passes thrown right at them literally 10 times more then they do in allmadden and yes i do hate playn on allpro (as i watched jwallace throw into coverage multiple times and the only reprecussion he got was a loss of down - whereas on all-madden those would have been picks - but this is an old debate going back to last year and not the point of this section....)

for the record - jwallace ran that "angle" play more then twice - all 5 receptions the FB had was this play (and i think i broke up 2 more) - so maybe a SMALL exageration to say that jwallace did this play "over and over" but this play constitutes to 18% of his play calls - so "over and over" is not far from the mark...

and yes i do get pissed off when the game plays like NFL BLITZ and not like a simulation of NFL football... jwallce was running draws (with no TE) vs a 5-2 and 3-4 defense - all sitting in zone... Fundemental football says draws should be EATEN UP by these defenses but in madden this doesnt translate... - LBs dropping to zone should have their head on a swivel - looking at recievers threatening their zone and reading the GUARD to the QB for the release of the ball - The LBs (in real life) - would see the inside handoff on the draw - and attack the ball carrier INSTANTLY - there is already 3 DL taking up 3 OL (assuming there are no double teams - which generally there is at least 1 doubleteam of a DL at the POA) - and this leaves 1 (maybe 2) free linemen to block 4 LBs! How does that play gain any positive yards? AT BEST THE OFFENSE SHOULD GET 2 YARDS AND BIG HEADACHE ON THAT PLAY (add the fact that my LBs are CLAY MATHEWS, LAMARR WOODLEY, NAVARRO BOWMAN and DEMARIO DAVIS - THIS MAKES THE FACT THEY DONT MAKE THIS PLAY EVEN HARDER TO SWALLOW! This is the best LB corp in the league!) ... -

Granted if you are playn MAN 2 MAN defense - the draw would be highly effective as the 4 LBs would be busy covering recievers who are doing clearing routes (and in MAN 2 MAN defense you generally dont look at the QB releasing the ball - so the LB would think it was a pass play and be way downfield (completely out of the play with no chance to make a tackle...) - but in a zone this play should be dead... Thats the joke - game is totally flawed in this perspective and i will call out EA everytime when they miss the mark in gameplay so badly and IDC WHO THIS UPSETS!

and as far as my comments on jwallace teams goes - they only come after his comments sayn that "my DBs couldnt cover his WRs" - my retort was that they were young players and they will improve every year - he on the other had drafted players in their "late prime" - which undoubtedly will benefit him this year and maybe the next 2 or 3 - but after that they will retire and my young / inexperienced players will have built up lots of XP and will be entering the prime of their careers - nothing cotroversal here - its the nartural progression of players... But in the past i have seen players who know they will only play 2-4 years - they draft exactly the way jwallace did - and when all their key players retire (and their team is in rebuilding mode) - they bail from the league - I just mentioned to jwallace that it would be REALLY SHITTY if he bailed when all his key players retire - and from what i hear about him he wouldnt do that - but it was worth mentioning in the conversation as i have seen it happen... (but now that he is bringing it up again - maybe i hit a cord with him - idk - i hope not!) - because i think he brings value to our leagues...

Last edited by GREENERRRR on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by General_Hon Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Not going to moderate here besides simply saying lets move on.

General_Hon
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum