* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

No BRAINER - ban POOCH PUNTS?

+2
weasel_
GREENERRRR
6 posters

Go down

No BRAINER - ban POOCH PUNTS? Empty No BRAINER - ban POOCH PUNTS?

Post by GREENERRRR Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 pm

I was going to make a unilateral rule BECAUSE THIS IS SUCH A NO BRAINER but my critics would take it the wrong way and start belly aching again - so GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK please!!!

Should we BAN POOCH PUNTS ? Yes or no?

Pooch punt is an angled kick (usually to the wide side of the field...) where the ball bounces in a way where the returner cannot field it! Then the ball bounces an insane amount of distance til it eventually goes out of bounds!

With a ill bit of practice you can have a NET PUNT AVERAGE WELL OVER 60 YARDS (and thats an insane level)... Even average to weak punters can do this tactic!!!

This kind of thing really screws the guys who have developed a true punting skill of hitting COFFIN CORNERS - there are a few deadly punters in the league - I hope they speak up against this tactic because it minimizes the skill they have developed!!!!

Clearly I think this punt should be outlawed but the membership needs to speak up!!!! And if the membership says its ok - I will be changing my punt tactics (but I truely hope we ban this BS play!)
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

No BRAINER - ban POOCH PUNTS? Empty Re: No BRAINER - ban POOCH PUNTS?

Post by weasel_ Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Ou can defend the pouch punt by using the SS and backing him up to the side you think the kick will be going to. Or by user controlling the punt returner yourself and positioning them properly

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 am

weasel_ wrote:Ou can defend the pouch punt by using the SS and backing him up to the side you think the kick will be going to.  Or by user controlling the punt returner yourself and positioning them properly
The question ISN'T HOW TO COUNTER SUCH A CHZBALL MOVE - the question is do you want it to be part of our SIM league???

I personally think it shouldn't be allowed but if guys vote this in (and are doing it like I know a bunch of you do...) - I will be doing the exact same thing back at them...

If u want to talk counter to this BS:

u can't move a player back on punt return to stop this BS because that's against the rules...

But if sub "players with return skills" into a quarter Defense (especially put good returners at FS and SS) - then call a prevent Defense - and back up the defenders - I THINK YOU WILL HAVE ENOUGH DEFENDERS SPREAD OUT ENOUGH TO CATCH THE POOCH KICK ON THE FLY - and if u catch in the air it's a 40 yard punt (at best...) plus u will get yards on the return...

Never lobbed that counter - but intuitively I think it would work great...

But then the CHZBALL just boots a regular punt and you don't have the right team on the field to do a proper return - so he gets a better result then he should if he JUST PUNTED NORMALLY and U JUST CALLED YOUR STANDARD PUNT RETURN - so ultimately just ban this BS!
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:34 am

I totally disagree with this rule. I only pooch punt and always have. I don't do it for punt averages. I do it to keep the ball away from dangerous returners. As easy as it is to return kicks and punts this would be a BS rule. Hell no. If you ban this then you have to ban high kicks on kickoffs also. You know the one were your TE always catches the ball? If anything that's way more BS.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENERRRR Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:35 am

Maddening isn't it? wrote:I totally disagree with this rule. I only pooch punt and always have. I don't do it for punt averages. I do it to keep the ball away from dangerous returners. As easy as it is to return kicks and punts this would be a BS rule. Hell no. If you ban this then you have to ban high kicks on kickoffs also. You know the one were your TE always catches the ball? If anything that's way more BS.
Your right - that should go too!

If you were only concerned with keeping ball out of dangerous returners hands - then why not kick the ball (in a standard punt way) so it goes out of bounds?

ANSWER: so you could get that bogus BOUNCING BALL yardage - and the increased field position that comes with a BS POOCH punt...

Only reason to do a pooch punt is to benefit from increased net yards - if your worried about a dangerous returner it's much easier to simply angle a normal kick out of bounds...
GREENERRRR
GREENERRRR
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:04 am

Moving a guy back isn't against the rules. Only moving a lineman back is against the rules. You can move back any of te guys who are designated I. Coverage. So because the move can be countered it should be allowed. It's as simple as that.

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddening isn't it? Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:05 am

No not for the average at all. Look at my punters average. It the worst in the league I believe. Some people try to pick it up and it can be muffed easily is another reason I do it lol. I couldn't give a crap about my punt average to be honest. If its more than 0 then I have punted to much imo.

Maddening isn't it?
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by weasel_ Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:52 am

Man key guys ply some special team. Jesus Chiat all this police work! Can you take one day off without wanting to change something please ??

weasel_
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by McNoob Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:12 am

I agree with this rule. Pooch punts are pretty lame.

McNoob

Back to top Go down

Post by RIPxPatTillman40 Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:30 pm

just kick the ball out of bounds or sky the punt like the kickoff which people only do 2 guys who inside out return. if the ball would bounce randomly whn it hit the ground it wouldn't be so bad but it always goes 20+yrds upfield so i say Ban it

RIPxPatTillman40
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 pm

just like Tillman said, just kick it out of bounds!! if you are afraid of a returner... or punt it sky high. pooch punting is lame

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Krock Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Ban it pooch punts an high kicks are beyond lame.. Everytime someone moves the safety back for added help on a punt I kick that crap out I bounds but I they don't they get a shot to return it against me. Only the guys who have 0 skill use the pooch punt and high kickoff to the TE. It's lame and I never see it used every time a team punts in te nfl not realistic at all

Krock

Back to top Go down

Post by tomer629 Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:15 pm

This is obviously cheezeing and exploiting a broken game mechanic.

BTW what Greener described is not "pooch punting". You actually see real pooch punting in NFL. But YOU NEVER see a punter kick a line drive and hope it bounces for 20 yds. They always go for hangtime to let the coverage team get there.

If you dont want them to get a big return do what I do, kick it out of bounds or very close to out of bounds, yes it takes some skill and yes you will miss too far one way or another sometimes, thats part of the game. Happens in real NFL.

What greenerrr described is 100% pure cheeze. I think we can settle a lot of these cheesing debates by asking one simple question...

Do you see this happen in real NFL. The answer is no. You do however see different types of kickoffs used to keep the ball away from dangerous returners, so that should be kept legal (even though it annoys the fuck out of me and I NEVER do it, i think its a cowards move and I trust my kick coverage, but it is a legit tactic)

tomer629

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down