* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

CHZY D whats your opinion

+2
jmojsoski
Child_Please4285
6 posters

Go down

CHZY D whats your opinion Empty CHZY D whats your opinion

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:19 pm

note - i changed the title of this thread - lets watch our langiage - thats an offensive word you used CP GREENERRRR

back in the day people would run the fourth and goal Defense (FAG D)when it was a obvious passing down like 4th and goal from the 6 yard line on madden. run man coverage drop DL IN to zones 9-11 would be in coverage and watch for crossing routes have 1 guy spy since it was fourth down the qb would have to throw the ball scrambling was out the question with the spy and it would be a crowded endzone with 9-11 guys on defense. it was a good strategy a little un sim in real live the oline could easily just plow forward on a qb draw but this is madden. alot of guys have adopted this FAG D as there base defense u a literally forced to just try find guys open on crossing routes the whole game its really similar to how alot of guys run man coverage and use the saftey or lb to watch for crossing routes. But today i was playing a opponent who will remain nameless who used this strategy but complained i kept running crossing routes maybe its just me but crossing routes and delay routes are the only thing that beats man coverage if someone has another way please inform me
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

CHZY D whats your opinion Empty Re: CHZY D whats your opinion

Post by jmojsoski Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:43 pm

take the sack? lol....maybe thats why they where complaining because you weren't takin sacks...
jmojsoski
jmojsoski
All Pro
All Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:13 pm

lol hard to get sacked when only rushing at most 3 ppl
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Shit like that is completely un-sim, I can understand hot routing a single d-lineman to watch a flat if someone is really exploiting it, but the D you described is bs. That's definitely a player trying to exploit retarded AI and the fakeness that is Madden. Whoever that is should learn to play a real defense or stick to the ranked match games where they can find players like them.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:04 pm

i just played a guy who was just running dime cover 1/2 man the entire game, i was able to get some yards on the ground of course but when it came to fag-d the only option was crossing routes and flat slants. i did it all game. won't change your d? i won't change my o. i win.

i used this last year until i did accept the fact its totally unsim, i used to pick 34 cover 2 zone and spy my dt, audible my olb's to man the rb,s and put each end on a hook zone. had 11 guys in coverage lol, but thats lame...it was early in league play and i think someone called it out in the super bowl. since stopped, but for our purposes i think at least a 3 man rush should be implemented at all times as anything else gets really unrealistic.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Vista3131 Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:55 pm

where do you guys come up with this stuff. No wonder I suck I just pick a defense and maybe once in a while press.

Vista3131
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 am

lol @ Vista when u play madden most ppl get idea from watching other ppl the NFL is a copycat league lol, outside of a prevent situation no reason to drop that many ppl in coverage i would say maybe a rule should be in place but i already feel like u gota play with a league manual next to you when you play besides it dont seem like a issue alot of players are having
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:30 am

I dont think it needs a rule. Sound like something you could get 5yds a pop on using a draw
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by JDB721 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:27 am

I can't wait until mlb comes out so I can be a wizard. The playing field on madden seems uneven just because of all the little tricks people know. Madden is pretty much a laughing stock now with all these exploits.
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:48 pm

baseball...LMFAO. people still play that? pitch. hit. catch. yes, the paradigms are endless...lol j/k j/k i'll have 200 angry mlb fans ready to kick my ass haha.

i did play the show a few times & have to admit its one of if not the best sports simulators of all time. only problem i had with it WAS THE LEVEL PLAYING FIELD, i played my buddy who usually kills it online (xbox) and beat him my first time out. he beat me the second and third and i lost our 4th in extra innings. but WTF is that? i shouldn't even be able to hang with a vet of that game...i'd expect to be crushed by his sheer expertise of the sport...instead i kept it close. he was able to win with more knowledge of button mapping, but when we throw in madden (which he wont play me in anymore) its not even a contest, if i'm feelin nice i might give him a first down or two. thats how it should be.

of all the tricks in madden none of them really bothered me, what bothers me is playin guys who can only run 2 or 3 money plays with nano blitzes. even if u do stop em it was still dull and boring, i rather see people get creative and intuitive with playcalling and audibling. like cheddah said, a draw pretty much destroys that fag-d play but what if its 3rd and long? hb screens take care of it do as do flag routes, so really, theres a counter to everything...just a matter of knowing what and when to call it.

i'd imagine the 'playing field' if you can call it that in mlb would be just as exploitable, if we played and you won would i go rant and say you know more about the game and exploited it to your advantage? no, i'd probably step my game up and read my opponent better.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 pm

yeah draws work well but i went down 0 -17 so i didnt have the luxury of running alot
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum