* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

So about those NFL rights...

+2
JDB721
Cheddah_Cheez
6 posters

Go down

So about those NFL rights... Empty So about those NFL rights...

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

Here's hoping 2k gets a shot to make another pro football game. Now I haven't played organized basketball since I gave it up to play football in college, but based on my knowledge of the game and my love of the NBA, 2k did a hell of a job with 2k11. I'd give it the edge in "most realistic sports game ever" over the Show simply because basketball is much harder to duplicate in a game, and they pretty much nailed it. I can only hope to image seeing what 2k could do with a next gen NFL game.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

So about those NFL rights... Empty Re: So about those NFL rights...

Post by JDB721 Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Take Two has been selling off all their resources because they are broke in hopes to lure the NFL into developing competition within video games. I think EA could easily outbid any offer Take Two makes so because it will most certainly come down to money, I'm not counting on it. I hope it happens. The NFL could make more dollars for the players by having two game licenses. EA could just pay them what take two offers plus what they already pay the NFL. I know EA has the money because they didnt revise shit really from last year yet we buy the new game each year. Take Two would be doing a great thing if the can pull this one off
JDB721
JDB721
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 pm

yeah just wishful thinking on my part
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Yeah I use to love playing NFL2K on the Dreamcast and PS1. One of the best football games I ever play, I was never into Madden until my brother bought the 2002 one I believe. I liked it, but 2K was alot better in my opinion. I would love for the NFL to drop this exclusive rights BS once their contract with EA is up, that way we have some healthy competition.

With 2K or other companies allowed to make a NFL game it will make EA that much more motivated to make a better product, thus making us all winners in the end! Probably wishful thinking, but who knows.

By the way Cheddar, how is NBA2K? I use to love the old NBA2Ks on Dreamcast. Live use to be my favorite but then they fell off. I know Jordan is finally in it and they got MJ modes, do they have any old Knicks teams in the game to play against Jordan? Or even old Celtics, Pistons, Lakers teams? I am thinking of going out tommorrow and picking up a used copy if Gamestop has any to try it out, havent bought a BBall game in a while.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Yeah I was a big Live fan too, back in the PSone days until they started falling off then I went to 2k until the last 3 years when I was forced to play Live bc my roomate was an idiot. This years 2k is the best hoops game I've ever played. They got nearly everything right. Even the AI is smart, which is tough to do, especially in bball games. They have a ton of classic teams from all the jordan playoff runs. Cavs, Lakers, Knicks, Blazers, Celtics...you name em, theyre in there. I sampled the Jordan modes once when I first got it, but wasn't used to the controls yet, or actually playing a bball game where you have to play smart, and got raped. Haven't tried since, I'm mainly focusing on my franchise with the Nets'.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Child_Please4285 Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:28 am

2k11 is good but its basically just 2k10 with jordan on the cover they changed absolutely nothing im so not making this up it was great marketing alot of people just see jordan and there eyes light up 2k has been the best bb game for awile now best sports game ever thats a bit of a strech
Child_Please4285
Child_Please4285
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by PaPZ187 Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Nice, thanks for the info.

Haven't bought a bball game in a while, but once I find a used copy I will give this one a try, especially since I loved the NBA in the 90s and can relive those moments when my Knicks battled Jordans Bulls, Millers Pacers and Hardaways Heat.
PaPZ187
PaPZ187
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:30 pm

funny thing is ... its our faults ( consumers) for buying EA games .. if we all invested in games by 2k they could destroy this monster we accidentally helped create with nfl called "madden" ...

johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

https://facebook.com  look for john lagonigro ...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:44 pm

I've been saying this for awhile now...I think it is wishful thinking. EA has the bread to shut the nfl up about giving rights to another comepany like 2k sports. Its clear just like in basketball the EA needs compeition. I've not a huge basketball fan as far as watching it untill the playoffs but 2k11 and even 10 is more authentic hands down than live. In live if u get someone release down they are automatic. I got beat by a guy at my job who shot 35 3 pointers with mo williams and hit 31 of them like he is ray allen or someone. 2k11 is different from 10 as far as ball handling is better. The physics are better u can tell weight and momentum matter. They have a lot of different lay ups and dunks depending on attributes and angle towards the basket. And my player is really different and a lot harder to build ur player up. Which is the only thing I play on nba 2k11. But anyways I kno for a fact that 2k would push the envelope of gameplay given the opportuniyt. EA needs this and stop dicking us around. As far as best. Sports game I would have to give it to fifa still but nba2k is right there.

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:51 pm

I love nba 2k11 and I dont love bball Im all football no baseball or basketball ( always playoffs for all sports though lol )

but the make a player is a b!tch for me lol but it makes it worth it ... trust me you dont want the whole oh look I created a hall of famer game 1 .. u fight it out n work your @ss off to get drafted on your team you can do drills like a player who works hard or slack and skip them ( wich you miss out on player points ..but save time ..)

and there's the fact they say you're name they do somewhat of a pregame show and you work to gain minutes plus there's reporters at the end that ask you a question and how you answer it affects how the league looks at you as a star team chemistry and local fan bas popularity ( get booed..in ur own stadium if it gets low..talk about realistic lol)

Its such a pain but you gotta love it its what we want not some easy walk threw bs ..
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbuddah Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Yea exactly...u play a full 82 game schedule so its a huge grind. I created a sg got drafted to the nets haha so. We all suck...I got close to 20 games in and I'm a 48 overall lol...I got my release down but my attributes are so trash that I miss a lot shooting 34% for the season so far. Its so hard its addicting...I gotta play atleast 1 game a day...only thing its missing is contract talk and someway to spend your money. I already requested a trade to haha and the crowd be like trade em trade em...its funny but they shut up when I score 24 points lol

bigbuddah
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnylagz17 Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:11 pm

I made 2 point guards 1s a knick and we suck so I made 1 more just to see if it was different..

I LANDED ON THE FREAKIN HEAT .. and I play alot..lol ... and oddly we suck .. b/c chemistry matters and im a rook and all ..yada yada
johnnylagz17
johnnylagz17
Pro
Pro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum