* Committed SIM play

* we play 12 months a year

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

* Committed SIM play

est 2009
If you have any issues logging on or registering, see if GREENERRRR is in the website chat (and get instant feedback) or contact him directly at greenerrrr@ps3maddengroup.com
* Committed SIM play

est 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
groupme

groupme ID 5302641
maddenfantasydraft.com chat

if you want to chat about league text GREENERRRR at (289)241-4968 and he will invite you to groupme chat

NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE?

4 posters

Go down

NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE? Empty NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE?

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 pm

i was going to make some tutorial vids for anyone who is looking to improve their game by reading defenses and identifying coverages to make proper reads without relying on staring down one receiver, and even worse...making bad throws because lets face it we're not all nfl qb's so sometimes guys might just pick a play and hope someone is open. this is NOT the way to produce successful drives, and i think if we all take the time to go back over the basics it may really help turn those int ridden games into a closer contest.

i have a lot of games where i'm getting 4-10 int's which turn what could be a close game into a blowout really fast, and not to sound pretentious but i win my games because i first make proper reads and know exactly what route will be open based on that coverage read (accompanied with user picks). a couple years ago a stumbled upon this guys site, and while it may seem basic i encourage EVERYONE to watch these vids...whether you can identify a cover 2,3,4 in less than a second or not its a great learning tool that i think can really contribute to improving everyones gameplay.

the videos embedding feature has been disabled, but if you click on em it will play it through the guys site (just right click and open in new window). i don't have any special secrets or trick plays to winning a lot of games, its all about knowing what defense your facing and who will be open. running the ball is also VERY vital, and the second group of vids will feature great advice for improving that department as well. hope you guys take the brief time to watch...and yes its madden 08 but nothing has changed anyways as far as plays are concerned. again, its the concept thats important...and each video has a description in the title once you play it so you might not need to watch every single one, just maybe some on areas you'd like to further improve on although i recommend watching them all...even its its just one or two a day.

PASSING AND READING COVERAGE

RUNNING GAME AND BLOCKING CONCEPTS

falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE? Empty Re: NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE?

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Just checked out the video, it's definitely good stuff. I already do most of it, but I've been completely forgetting to use precision on my passes, which helps. Also, do we play with turbo on or off? And what's the button to get back your original play after an audible? It's not L2/LB anymore.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE? Empty Re: NEED SOME HELP IMPROVING YOUR OFFENSE?

Post by falconfansince81 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:25 pm

i leave turbo on, and turn auto strafe off. i think L2 does bring the play back, but i don't remember at what point in the garbage of stratpad it occurs.

a lot of the vids are basics, but even still its good for a refresher or just for people who not really be that aware of the importance of knowing what will be open in certain coverages. hell, until i watched these in 08 i never payed attention i just pick a play and looked for someone to be open. once i got down reading defenses my int's went from 4-5 a game sometimes to maybe 1 every few games. it also helps ON defense to shut down your opp by picked the d to best defend their tendencies.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by kavorka2 Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 pm

i think the biggest reason you get INT's is because you are pretty good at USER PICKS! lol especially down the middle.

even with the receiver outrunning your LB, and lob passing it with percision over the top, you still pick that off with your LB lol

kavorka2
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:30 pm

i just tried the L2 audible but it didn't work. Regardless now that I was reminded of precision passing, I was able to use it in my Mg game against delmas. I've been on a streak lately, so idk if it was definitely the precision passing, but I didn't throw a single pick this game. Granted, I only threw the ball 13 times lol.

Kavorka, there's no doubt about it, FF's linebacking skills are unrivaled. I feel like I've gotten a lot better trying to emulate him, and I'm sure a lot of people would agree, but I'd say I'm still not even close to his skill lol. I can't wait til our league game in Greener's new lg though.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Hey I was jsut wondering if you could give me some tips on how to audible on defense. I know how to utilize the obvious pre-play audible with d-line and pressing coverage and what not, but I was wondering if you could tell me how to set up indivdual player audibles. For example, I play a lot of man coverage but even double covering recievers sometimes is useless at stopping speedy wr streaks. So how can I audible one of those guys into a deep zone or to play a flat should i expect a short swing pass to the RB?

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Hitting x makes individual player audibles. So for example, if I'm controlling my olb and I want him to cover the flat I hit x then d pad left. If I want him to do a deep One (like ur fs does in a cover 3) I hit x and then right analog stick up. Here's the rest of the list

Dpad:

Up- hook zone (like the ilb in a cover 2)
Right - Buzz zone (used for to cover the space BETWEEN a flat and deep zone)
Left - flat zone (covers nearest flats)
Down - blitz

Right analog:
Up - drop zone (like the safeties in covers 2/3)
Right - qb contain
Left - qb spy
Down - Never used it lol

Hope that helps bro
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:17 pm

since when can just hit x...i been fumbling around with that horrible stratpad for months now. yeah above what cheddah listed should be all u need to adjust player audibles.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Shlarman Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 pm

thanks man I appreciate it

Shlarman
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 pm

I use X for individual player audibles (I think that happened in the first patch), you can do line audibles with L1 (I think), Linebacker audibles with R1 (I think), and coverage audibles with Triangle.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:54 pm

yeah i do the coverage ones the same, i never tried x it always switched players...so i've been having to hit down to go through scat pad. i'll try that out later, good to know! its a real pain in the ass trying to make 4-5 manual player audibles and switch back before the ball is snapped w/o the old system.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Yeah it is...also, what were some of the blitzes you used through Nickel sub? I've pretty much been working everything through 2 man under from either 3-4 normal or nickel normal. I'd like to be able to throw some different looks, but whenever I pick a zone or a blitz, the coverage is easy to read and I get beat right away.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by falconfansince81 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 pm

hmm i don't really remember, i usually pick like cover 3 outta the nickle sub but sub in a lb at re instead and and put him in a flat zone or buzz zone, then i can blitz the cb. been doing a lot more with zones than man but there def has to be pressure so i've been bringing it from corners, while having a lb playing end play that blitzing cb's zone.
falconfansince81
falconfansince81
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheddah_Cheez Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Gotcha, I'll check it out.
Cheddah_Cheez
Cheddah_Cheez
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down